Sign in to follow this  
bushlurker

Bush Bad Santa 2011 - Replacement Configs for A2, OA, CWR2, and more...

BadSanta_2011_Banner.jpg

BUSH BAD SANTA 2011 - REPLACEMENT CONFIGS

REQUIRES SEN CHI'S ARMA 2 SANTA PACK

Once again, it's that time of year! Just SO much that time of year in fact, that I'll begin with a quote directly from last years Bad Santa thread....

A week till Christmas and we're up to our kilts in snow here in Scotland... :eek:

... and we are.... again... up to out kilts... :(

Oh well...

Once again in a desperate effort to muster at least a semblance of Christmas Spirit, I've revamped my Bad Santa pack again for 2011...

Those of you who know what a replacement pack is - this one's no different,. For those who don't, here's the drill...

What are these files?

They're "replacement" or "patch" configs - that basically means they load AFTER the main game - and any other "required" addons, and they patch or alter the configs of those previously loaded game assets... For that reason they should be in a Modfolder that's the LAST one in your launcher or launch shortcut.

What do they do exactly?

Well - in a nutshell, they replace ALL basic OPFORS units with... Bad Santas!

So in ANY mission you play with these configs loaded, instead of the usual Arma 2 Russians, or OA Takistani army guys, you'll see Bad Santas... Spetznaz and special forces are, of course, Very Bad Santas...

And that's it!

Of course - while that might be fun for a while, Santas look a little out of place on Takistan or Chernarus... You might fancy a winter environment instead?

There's two additional folders included in the modfolder...

The "Kuik's Winter Camo" folder contains a config which will swap all of those OPFOR units for Bad Santas... you can then go get...

The deeply awesome Winter Thirsk Island by Raunhofer

Kuik's Winter Camos 1.1

and...

VanhA's Thirsk Coop Mission Pack

Which will allow you to blow away some Festive Fatboys in a suitably Winter Environment...

Of course - being a member of the CWR2 team, I couldn't omit "Winter Kolgujev" from the equation, so - there's another "CWR2" folder in there as well - this contains TWO configs...

bush_badsanta_cwr2_e - changes all CWR2 OPFORS to the usual Red Bad Santas, plus...

bush_goodsanta_cwr2_w - changes all the BLUFORS units to Blue "Good Santas"

.... this is particularly funny for blue-on-red Santa PvP - especially after a couple of beers ...;)

Once again - with these configs loaded - EVERY CWR2 mission - including all the Winter ones - will feature Bad Santas as enemies...

... you'll need CWR2, of course...

How do I use the files?

It's easy - firstly you need to download...

SEN CHI's ARMA 2 SANTA PACK

*Make sure this addon is also loaded, or - simply drop the files into the BadSanta modfolder too*

Then - put any and all replacement configs of your choice - along with their matching.bisign files, into the "Addons" folder inside the "@Bush_BadSanta_2011" modfolder.....

As long as that modfolder is loaded - you'll get Bad Santas... if it isn't - you won't...

Don't Worry! - No game files are changed at all - it's purely a runtime patch...

Thanks to...

Sen Chi! - for his truly excellent Santa and Grandfather Frost!

Mikero - essential config consultations.

Final Bit

Any problems, report 'em here...

Server key and V2 Signatures included - should work perfectly in MP as a purely clientside addon.

Download

Bush Bad Santa 2011

Armaholic Mirror (Merry Christmas Foxhound!)

... Merry Christmas Everyone! ...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Here we go again (=

Also what is this?

Why Santas have AKs and Ded Morozs have G36s?

This is not realistic, plz fix

Edited by metalcraze

Also what is this?

Why Santas have AKs and Ded Morozs have G36s?

This is not realistic, plz fix

All the configs apart from the CWR2 ones only affect OPFORs - they swap them for traditional Red Santas to provide a Traditional Santa-Shooting Experience....

For the CWR2 config set only, I added a secondary config to swap the Good Guys - the BLUfors - to the Blue Santas - primarily for Red on Blue PVP play.... Basically so Blue IS blue and Red IS red....

Of course, from a properly historical/cultural perspective, you are correct... I was only going by the colours.... ;)

B

Not good for Chernarus. A red Santa, hanging out of the Commanders Hatch of a T90 in the Woods, gives the Position away clearly. :D :D

Not good for Chernarus. A red Santa, hanging out of the Commanders Hatch of a T90 in the Woods, gives the Position away clearly

:D

I strongly suggest Santas in their Natural Environment.... Try Winter Thirsk, and VanhA's awesome mission "Howling"...

Or better still, CWR2, Winter Kolgujev and "Rescue Sergei" - he's being held by some Very Bad Santas....

B

Santas with guns - reminds me of Futurama:D. Will have to try these, thanks!

P.S. "A week till Christmas and we're up to our kilts in snow here in Scotland..." - Bushlurker, watch your Trossachs dont freeze...

I strongly suggest Santas in their Natural Environment.... Try Winter Thirsk, and VanhA's awesome mission "Howling"...

Or better still, CWR2, Winter Kolgujev and "Rescue Sergei" - he's being held by some Very Bad Santas....

B

I have tried it out, but i always fail with the missions cause i´m laughin hard instead of aim & shoot, especially when they start to talk russian. :D :D

Well, what can I say.... I was involved in a session last weekend with the earlier version of this and people were just howling with laughter over the comm..

And the jokes did not seize until I was alone in the teamspeak..

Thank you for the opportunity to spread Xmas spirit with bullets, Bushlurker!

Seeing armed santa's rushing towards your positions is just one of the most memorable online experiences.

Merry christmas

VanhA

Don't forget Santa's sleigh. :D

Thanks for being our Christmas man every year Bush. :)

DISCLAIMER: content not appropriate for children.

0JFlMDxuqsc

(watch it with YT snowflakes)

Edited by Lonestar

It was only meant to showcase the addon.

No offense to the Christmas spirit (kids don't watch the end).

I'm Delighted people have had a little Fun With Santa this year again...

Of course - my little configs are just dumb text files - their only benefit is to make the Santas immediately useable.

The real thanks, of course, should go to Sen Chi for his hilarious models!

I got into trouble last year for encouraging people to go dig up his old release thread and thank him, so I'll not make that mistake this year!

However, there's always the...

SEN CHI SANTAS ARMAHOLIC PAGE where you Can leave a little comment!

So if you've had fun with this - and you're registered on Armaholic - remember to take a moment and thank Sen Chi! without whom none of this ridiculous festive fun would have been possible!

B