Sign in to follow this  
firefly2442

Arma2MySQL

I'm having trouble obtaining compiled addin of arma2mysql for arma2net, there is no mention of compiling or way to obtain last compiled version and where to put it in the end. Would appreciate help.

Edited by SaMatra

OK, I'll add instructions for how to compile it. I understand it's a lot of work. Having a precompiled version is obviously the best solution. I'll see if I can get it hosted someplace.

Info: 20:36:35 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 20:36:35 - Version number: 0.1.0.0

Info: 20:36:35 - Loading databases...

Info: 20:36:35 - Databases.txt file loading in from: F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Databases.txt

Error: 20:36:35 - Unable to parse line: arma,127.0.0.1,3306,arma,***** in Databases.txt file.

Any ideas? it is the same format as was working in my Dayz private server

According to the Databases.txt that I have it should look like so.

mysql,arma,127.0.0.1,3306,arma,password

Edit: Firefly beat me to it. :)

Where do I find the latest compile Arma2NETMySQLPlugin? I am finding that I have to have Databases.txt in multiple locations or it won't work. I assume I must have out of date files somewhere.

I tried the one posted on first page of this thread, but getting this: Warning: 09:08:23 - The database: arma is not loaded in through the Databases.txt file.

I have databases.txt in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET\AddIns

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET\AddIns\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin

Edited by Synnr

Is -arma2netdev still needed or is Arma2MySQL signed now?

Is there a way for me to create a "signature" for ArmA2MySQL that removes this requirement?

The -arma2netdev flag is not needed anymore. That is deprecated in current versions of Arma2NET. The signature feature was removed by Scott.

Hi Firefly2442,

Is it possible to direct the dll file to the database.txt which is located here : D:/markmodspanel/server604/arma2co/

I have de-compiled the dll..

No, right now it only checks the root Arma2 directory and the AppData directory. There's no way for me to pass parameters from Arma2NET to the plugin so it's not possible to specify a directory location this way. It needs to be somewhat hardcoded, thus the current solution of looking in these two places. Why doesn't the Arma2 root directory work for you?

If you absolutely need the location to be that, you can modify the sourcecode and compile your own version of the plugin. The sourcecode is on Github.

This might a total idiot question, but how do i install the plugin? I have setup my database and installed the listed files. But I am not sure what to do with that dll.

Put the DLL in the following location:

arma2 root directory\@Arma2NET\AddIns\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll

You can also put other dependencies like MySql.Data.dll and so on here too.

I'll update the readme so it's more clear, sorry.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've searched and couldn't find anything helpful relating my problem.

So I've been trying to get into learning about Databases for ArmA II for a while now. Everytime I try out the Example Mission you provided, my game freezes as soon as I open up the Loadout Dialog.

This is what the log says :

Info: 15:50:19 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 15:50:19 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 15:50:19 - Compiled against Arma2NET Version: 
Info: 15:50:19 - Loading databases...
Info: 15:50:19 - Type: mysql Database: weapons IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: armausername Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 15:50:20 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
  bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
  bei Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.OpenConnection(String connectionString)
Info: 15:50:31 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Info: 15:50:42 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Info: 15:50:53 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Info: 15:51:04 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Info: 15:51:15 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

When I try to run a "straight command" in the ArmA 2 Net Explorer (The MySQL plugin shows up in the list of AddIns and this is the command "Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['weapons', 'SELECT * FROM users LIMIT 2']") it gives me this error :

throw "System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException"

This is my "Database.txt" which I have in both my A2 Directory and in the ArmA2NetMySQL folder in the AppData :

mysql,weapons,127.0.0.1,3306,armausername,secret

I also have the weapons.sql file in both the A2 Directory and the AppData folder.

I don't really have any experience with programming outside of ArmA 2 and I hope you can help me with this.

You have to actually be running a mysql connection, simply placing the sql dump file some place won't work.

Also, firefly, just curious, do you plan on moving your plugin over to ArmA 3 when it releases? As your plugin is very useful and easy to use :)

Edited by Horner

You have to actually be running a mysql connection, simply placing the sql dump file some place won't work.

How would I achieve that? As I've said, I'm a complete noob at this.

Do a little research on how to set up a MySQL server, there's plenty of documentation on it and trying to explain would be difficult for me as I'm not the most familiar with MySQL either.

I think I might have it working:

23:18:44 Mission [AS] Arma2NetMySQLPlugin Loadouts read from bank.

But there is no box. I am starting at a hangar building with some ai soldiers next to me. No box in the area. The only problem I got on the client was that there was a version mismatch between client/server cba.

Does the above message indicate the database does work properly?

I am using the v0.02 version of your plugin because that looked easier to setup than the one with the PersistantDB stuff.

@Horner: Yes, I plan to update it for Arma3 (assuming Scott updates Arma2NET).

@Alleycat: Please post the log file (like you did above), that way we can check it. It will tell you there if it's connected in.

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe"  -port=2302 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\cat_sql\TA2DST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\cat_sql\TA2DST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\cat_sql" -name=TA2DST -pid=PID.log "-ranking=ranking.log" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@Arma2NET" 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/01/24 23:31:30
Current time:  2013/01/27 18:46:34

Version 1.62.95251
18:46:34 Mission Arma2NetMySQLPlugin-ExampleMis.utes: Missing 'description.ext::Header'
18:46:34 Server error: Player without identity cat (id 923206864)
18:46:50 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
18:46:51 [4306,114.452,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.187. MISSINIT: missionName=Arma2NetMySQLPlugin-ExampleMis, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=true"]
18:46:53 [4306,116.208,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
18:46:53 [4307,116.543,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
18:46:53 [4307,116.642,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.188, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]
18:46:53 [4307,116.69,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=false, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=true, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=0, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B"]
18:47:00 0:02:03.717 (0:00:00.000) cba_versioning - cba - Version Mismatch! (Machine: p1 (cat) version: 1.0.0.190, serverVersion: 1.0.0.188, Level: 4)

Ahh, I should have specified the Arma2NETMySQL log file. Like you commented here:

Info: 15:50:19 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 15:50:19 - Version number: 0.1.0.0

Info: 15:50:19 - Compiled against Arma2NET Version:

Info: 15:50:19 - Loading databases...

Info: 15:50:19 - Type: mysql Database: weapons IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: armausername Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons

Info: 15:50:20 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

Info: 15:50:31 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.