Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #3b (Release Candidate)

some servers won't let me in, when i was using fan made FXAA, so might be same with SMAA.

I hope it just won't let me in, not just ban my Arma 2 id, lol

26297 - not a bug

23559 - not a bug, but a feature

so? who says this need to be fixed? i don't think.

Problem 1- Something that effects how firefights play out is stance (survivability), if they fix this "Issue", AI's survivabilty would go up, more intresting and lifelike firefights.

Problem 2- A issue that makes this game a pain in the ass to enjoy when you get 17 fps on a mission with over 50 people. (And I have a good computer mind you)

BIS will not look into 23559 for 1.60. Hopefully however this doesn't mean they won't look into it at all.

Fixing this and adjusting the AI along with Igneous recommendations will result in a much better survivability for AI - that's the stuff that should've been there in the first place.

Hope they look into 26297, annoying when you cant play your favorite game when your computer far exceeds the specs required to run this game smoothly

BIS will not look into 23559 for 1.60. Hopefully however this doesn't mean they won't look into it at all.

Fixing this and adjusting the AI along with Igneous recommendations will result in a much better survivability for AI - that's the stuff that should've been there in the first place.

This!

Please BIS make me a nice christmas present (besides the patch) and announce that 1.61 will feature some big AI improvements together with the object view distance slider. Please...

If it is right that Soldiers with NVGs won't turn on their flashlight any more. But they won't turn it off any more at danger mode without NVGs.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13041#note-17

If it can be AI do what you order them to do it is better.

Edited by msy

Healing animations seem to have broken. Sometimes no animation are played.

Other times the wounded and the person healing are sliding/moving across the ground.

So if you start to heal when in cover, you can end up 3 meter away when the healing is complete.

Since 1.60 RC2 installed continue having “ArmA 2 Reinforcements stopped working†errors. My ArmA 2 and OA are both Steam versions and I manually applied the 1.60 RC2 patch. Some other steam users are also apparently having the same issue while others are not. I don’t see any current posts about this problem. Old posts with this error were fixed by removing dsound.dll file, however my computer doesn’t have that file.

a) This patch is not for a Steam version, there's a 99% chance that it broke something

steam version here (both arma II and OA) all works fine with latest RC! And so did with all previous RC's.

so i'm lucky being 1% of 99% where it works?:bounce3: I even did copy arrowhead over Arma II, changed path in registry and patched with latest 1.60RC etc. Now i'm not in need to launch combined ops through bat, simply launching arma2oa.exe works, so does work ARma2.exe with charm.:rolleyes:

Same for me as Neurofunker. RC1.60b works with steam without a hitch.

You just did everything right then.

I never had a crash with RC either (although that's with disc and Sprocket versions)

You just did everything right then.

I never had a crash with RC either (although that's with disc and Sprocket versions)

hehe maybe you actually were the 1 of 99%, where it didn't work? :-P

Chance does not equal people

And installing a patch for a wrong version is generally a bad idea is what I mean - unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

I seem to be unable to throw granades at more than a few meters resulting in a suicide action every time, am I the only one experiencing it?

Not sure I really have the latest RC though, worth confirmation?

I seem to be unable to throw granades at more than a few meters resulting in a suicide action every time, am I the only one experiencing it?

Not sure I really have the latest RC though, worth confirmation?

Using #3b I don't have this problem. Simply clicking the mouse button results in suicide but holding the button to throw works properly.

Using #3b I don't have this problem. Simply clicking the mouse button results in suicide but holding the button to throw works properly.
And it is that way since version 1.50.

please realize that 1.60 is just days from release

only crashes and massive regressive 1.59-1.60 (gamebreaking) bugs will be fixed

today new beta (last or pre-last goes out) with crash-fix

I agree manual updating steam isn’t a good idea. And my community is stuck on RC2 and will not update again until final so I can’t check my issue with newer RC’s. And as the error left me with only keyboard and took away my mouse I didn’t do any checking for dump files. But as this only started with RC2 thought I should post something about it. Thanks everyone.

I agree manual updating steam isn’t a good idea.

why? Like i said i did even combine arrowhead with arma (both are steam versions) and patched with all 1.60RC's, all working like charm.

please realize that 1.60 is just days from release

only crashes and massive regressive 1.59-1.60 (gamebreaking) bugs will be fixed

today new beta (last or pre-last goes out) with crash-fix

RE the stuttering movement in the deathcam and CTF flag problem - you can see them both in the latest Domination.

-Deathcam is there as soon as player is killed.

-Capture Flag you can see with the 'capture enemy flag' side mission.

The little flag that attaches to player warps and take 0.5 seconds to match players movement.