Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Hai, I was wondering if you know how i can add/ change classes, instead of having the ones from the campaign, having like engineers, medics, ect ect. Please help!

Any more updates coming for this pleaseeeee its the closest mission I have to my dream mission for ARMA I use ACE2 with this and me and my mates love it.

Thanks

Please the maker of this great mission please reply.

I am using ACE and a dedi server some somtimes the cars just explode :(,

But worse of all the time of day dont stay synced this is a real killer for this mission please please help

Craig pops in and out from time to time, he is probably just busy is all. Mission makers aren't here for your personal troubleshooting. ;)

LOL I know its not my persoanl trouble shooting tbh as its been said by a few others I am just hoping he will be so kind as to tell me how to fix or fix the weather and time sync issue :).

Wow tonic do I just drag these to the folder and let it over write the old ones :) (I have depbo it all ready).

Wow thanks I cant wait to test this out :).

Ok looked through you fixes and I am trying to learn to mod for arma as I want to make a sandbox mission.

I looked for how you fixed the desync time problem Tonic but I have no idea what I am looking for could you help or tell me where I would find it?.

All so doe sthis sync the weather to :).

Thanks and I really really cant wait for a update to this mission I am hooked and so are my mates.

P.S

I see there is not many ACE weapons nor goggles,ear protectors how would I add all the weapons from ACE to randomly spawn in crates?.

does anyone else gets this problem where other players lose connection after 10+ minutes of playing while you host? not dedicated btw.

tried this mission 2 weeks ago. now im on holiday and will be coming back home soon to try host this again.

AND im using the OLDER v0.95 . meaning i downloaded this before craig added a hotfix regarding the mission not working in a dedi server. dont seem like the problem but im just gonna put it in here hehe.

if i remember right. the parameters were..

arma 2 FREE v1.10

CHERNARUS

20 zombies

small and medium vehicle amount (still had players losing connection on small)

spawn everywhere more in towns ( i got a feeling that this is the problem as craig mentioned about this param causing lag)

debug mode on

fast time on

spawn at random towns

respawn with random weapoms

i've looked at the whole thread and no one has mentioned this. my guess it could be because of zombies and vehicles respawning and causing huge lag. it could also be because of my duo core laptop. underpowered for the game but i still manage to get good fps in lowest settings.

the fast time didnt work for me.

we dont respawn with a random weapon.

and the time desync happens when i set the starting time to 18:00 and with fog off. (so i wont lag like crazy :P)

and we all respawn at the exact same spot, north of chernogorsk, everytime eventhough i set it to random towns. is it meant to be like this?

i watched a v90 video on youtube and one of them died and mentioned they respawned at a town. maybe they had spawn together on, but i tried that and we all still respawned at the same place, north of chernogorsk.

wonder if theres anyone with ARMA FREE or ARMA 2 who has played this mission before.

once i get home i'll try puttin 10 zombies, spawn everywhere and small amount of vehicles. and try to see if debug mode actually makes a difference other than markers on the map.

if that failed then i guess its my laptop :(

OH YES. there should be a param to disallow NVGs at start and can only be found through dead zombies and ammoboxes.

Hey, I've been frequently hosting a v.95 server and getting a good 10-20 people on every time although it won't load any of the side missions although it does occasionally (Sidemissions are enabled on the parameters)

normally it will just say a gear cache has been dropped and it has been marked on the map (which it doesn't get marked) any help would be appreciated.

Also another problem, when I'm hosting the server off my computer it won't let me construct things like load things in cars, move objects where as other people can any advice is appreciated!

OH YES. there should be a param to disallow NVGs at start and can only be found through dead zombies and ammoboxes.

I also agree with that, it'll make it'll give survival a better feel.

Also to Tonic would it be possible for you to tell me what gun shop script you used at first when your server was actually just a zombie server on zargabad.

Best regards,

Connor

Tonic has posted a fix above for a few issues I have not had a chance to test yet :(.

I will be testing tonight cant wait LOL

Maybe some one else can have a look and see if it fixes a lot of issues we are having side missions being one of them :)

EDIT

as for night vision there is a param I am sure there is I will have to doulble check though look at the very bottom of the params list

Edited by stk2008

I running a dedicated server @ 173.208.226.226. And every so often when I get about 8-10 players mass amounts of players will start crashing. Visit the server when it's packed to see for self.

Im running v.95 A2 with ArmA2 Free content.

Nooooooooooooooooooo tonic I have a dedi server running with ACE and when I started I set the time to start at 12:00pm.

But me bro joined 20 mins later and it started him at 12:00pm again the same time as mission start time even though of course my time was 12:20pm

Please advise did I do somthing wrong?

The time sync is time synced from the server, I forgot to make the sync part by the server, the onPlayerConnected should only be executed by the server but if you are not running fast time when you rejoin the time goes to what the server reads, the neglect of the onPlayerconnected not being executed only as the server may effect it. Also the performance of the server could effect it, with 0.95 having severe performance drop for servers the servers time its self may not go up so the sync could be thrown off.

Try replacing this in the init.sqf:

//runs player connect script, personalized messages

onPlayerConnected "[_id, _name, _uid] execVM ""playerConnected.sqf""; Z_JIP_Time = date; publicVariable ""Z_JIP_Time""";

to

if(Z_Server) then {

//runs player connect script, personalized messages

onPlayerConnected "[_id, _name, _uid] execVM ""playerConnected.sqf""; Z_JIP_Time = date; publicVariable ""Z_JIP_Time""";

};

I've pretty much given up on this. While the first versions were really fun and we had a great time, the lag introduced with v0.95 makes the game unplayable. If a better version comes out I'll play it, but I'm not going to bother with DZS until the problems are fixed!

TBH I dont get much lag though I do run it via a dedi computer completly separate from my game machine.

only issues I get are

Players time is not synced (will test the fix above later thanks for that).

Zombies walking through items ( I assume this is due to them not being part of the map originally)whice makes barricaded kinds pointless tbh as they can walk throgh som of them.

TBH I dont get much lag though I do run it via a dedi computer completly separate from my game machine.

only issues I get are

Players time is not synced (will test the fix above later thanks for that).

Zombies walking through items ( I assume this is due to them not being part of the map originally)whice makes barricaded kinds pointless tbh as they can walk throgh som of them.

I believe this is just an ArmA 2 engine failure...AI have ALWAYS been able to walk through any object that is moved during gameplay. The pathing nodes are not dynamically updated for the AI so they don't consider any object that has been moved during gameplay (Unless it has physics, like a vehicle).

I'm not sure there is anyway to fix this unless someone codes a pathing-blocker and attaches it to every object.

thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah we found this out the hard way so we did start using vehilces to block the entrances of buildings instead of the pre placed objects.

Cars and trucks work well plus you can leave the headlights on for added visability :).

thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah we found this out the hard way so we did start using vehilces to block the entrances of buildings instead of the pre placed objects.

Cars and trucks work well plus you can leave the headlights on for added visability :).

Yeah! Apparently if you manage to double-stack items they might update to the AI properly. However, the amount of items present might prevent this...hum...Only if there was a way to give AI pathfinding a higher priority :/

If this mission extended out with CBA functionality the objects and AI walking through them could be fixed by making the server delete and respawn the object @ the position you dropped the barrier, requires modifications of R3F but with CBA it's possible. The zombies are basically controlled by the server, so when a client moves a placed object the AI don't see that change therefor they don't calculate whats in front of them so blah they walk through the walls. Annoying.

nice lets just hope ths gets some loving soon as I would love for this mission to get better than it all ready is I cant stop playing it its great with my mates.

TBH the main problems for me just to try and help

1. Time not syncing at all with players or jip players or players that get killed then respawn nor does weather I think?.

2. Zombies walking through objects that are not officilly part of the map

3. I would love to see ACE 2 weapons and items eg Goggles,Kestral and other goodies oh all so CSW weapons would be great as this would allow more control over placing mounted guns on top of buildings etc

4. optoin to use ACE 2 medical system instead of the 3 claws ya out I think being able to look for morphine,banges,medkits etc etc would be much better

I love the optoins in the params screen I love being able to choose what I want but maybe a few more taylord towards ACE would be sweet :)

Thanks

It's very frustrating for mission makers when the AI just walk through objects. I could think of some "ugly" work-arounds for preventing AI walking through barricades but it really is something that should be taken care of by the game engine itself...

Would it be possible to attach a trigger to the players that would locate all carryable objects within...say 15 meters? When it finds a carryable object it creates another trigger on that object that tells anything that ISNT a player to not move through that area. For the zombies, you would have to give it a "Move 15 meters back" and then tell it to randomly move left or right 15 meters so it can try getting to the players in another way.

You could also have it ONLY working if the player is on foot. So driving through towns will not make computers cry

However, I could see that being tricky to script and possibly very taxing on a server. But if anyone can pull it off. It's Craigaoooon :O!

I wish I could help I really do :( but I have no idea at all on how to script.

I am trying to learn but I never have been any good at grasping it.

I enjoy mission so much, however it periodically crashes everyone's games (both A2 and A2Free), I am not sure what's the cause but it renders it unplayable. Another problem is that when you host a listen server with mission it starts going buggy - sometimes you get damage when there is nobody around and damage continues until you die (zombie attack scars damage) as well as players respawning into same position or spawning in a city with zero cars and zero zombies around (even after checking the whole town)

Another problem is that mission freezes at "Loading Mission Components" randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it annoys alot since there is no way to exit server from this loading screen. ArmA 2.