Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

The game crashes when I load the mission, any one know why?

Here are some examples.

Your system is not powerful enough to run it.

You have a faulty Ram.

Your drivers are not up to date

Your Direct X is not up to date.

You don't have enough swap file allocated.

You don't have the proper patch revision.

Your loading the wrong version or ARMA\ OA

You have installed the mission incorrectly.

Stewie0888.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?110823-Got-game-crash-Do-this

Is a great place to start.

It will help you immensely trouble shooting all kinds of issues with ARMA, Missions and Addons.

As you only have two posts I would guess you are new.

Do some reading and it will help you really enjoy this amazing game.

Get some details and come on back and let us know and we will take a crack at solving your crashing.

Styxx

just to help your search some. I got it running on an older pentium 4 2.4 ghz single core machine with 256 megs of ram(ddr one) 80 gig hd a gx270 that came out in 2004.. it quickly crashed when someone tried to join from out of memory errors but it also told me when i didnt have enough mem.. i increased the ram to a gig, and started to get out of virtual memory errors(er swap file) but it also told me.

It'd look more into You got the wrong version, dont have proper patch or faulty ram, first.

Hey Craig, me and my friends are having a blast with your mission! Its amazing!

However, one thing we would like to change are the available skins, can you tell me what i should edit on the .pbo to change them?

If you are not okay with this no problem, we will just make do!

or should we just wait for 1.3?

(we use arma2:free btw)

Hey there! I really want to host a server running DZS 1.25. But i have a small problem. No matter how I mark the "Start with weapons" parameter, even if it's set to "No", I always start with a weapon. Also, when I change the "weaponcount" parameter to a higher value, will it change the amount of weapons per drop, or increase the number of drop sites? And what does the ACE Stamina/Backpack mean? I haven't tried it on MP yet, so I will wait for help.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm still waiting for a response.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm still waiting for a response.

Start with weapons

Sorry but i personally haven't encountered any problem with the parameter "Start with weapons=No" (running Dedi server)

It might be possible some other parameters you have set to make it 'break'

I personally messed only with the view Distance=1000//start with weapon=no//vehicles density=medium//reveal task-objective=no..leaving all the rest on 'default' composition

Weapon count

Personally i think the 2nd

ACE Stamina/Backpack

(If you running ACE) That means you cannot run anymore like an super-athlete

Everything you carry has specific weight and it takes your stamina..and even if you are not carrying nothing..eventually you wont be able to keep going-and must stop to rest.

It also has another feature when you select a main weapon/or Launcher and select "Put On back" witch allows you to take something extra (i.e. summary 1 Shotgun+1 Hunting rifle+1 M136 in 1 package!!) :)

didnt know that on ace, pretty cool... But what about zombies.. do they have to rest? or if i pull a train will i shortly die. due to having to stop?

anything else ace offers this mod besides making you slow down now and then?

didnt know that on ace, pretty cool... But what about zombies.. do they have to rest? or if i pull a train will i shortly die. due to having to stop?

No.."Stamina" system doesn't works for A.I. but HEY!..you are Human!..

You can improvise far better then any A.I. ..and THIS is the balance :)

Yes.. you will be FORCED to stop (player falls in ground like a sack of potatoes-without been able to move in a half-unconscious state.) and you WILL die.(shortly)

anything else ace offers this mod besides making you slow down now and then?

See http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Features

Basically..it's like a fetich for me.

If it doesn't plays with ACE..is out of my list :)

Hey there! I really want to host a server running DZS 1.25. But i have a small problem. No matter how I mark the "Start with weapons" parameter, even if it's set to "No", I always start with a weapon. Also, when I change the "weaponcount" parameter to a higher value, will it change the amount of weapons per drop, or increase the number of drop sites? And what does the ACE Stamina/Backpack mean? I haven't tried it on MP yet, so I will wait for help.

Heh funny, i got the same problem, but the other way around, what ever i choose, i always start with no weapon in 1.25.

Also tested 1.3, vehicles spawn did not work, lucky if it was 1 car per town, more like 1 car per 5 towns.

Food and water did not work.

The new skin selection system was nice!

Looking forward to 1.3!

I'm having an issue where the stops loading half way through the Loading Epic Zombieness" bar and i can't figure out why. I am a steam user btw if that has anything to do with it. I'm using OA and i downloaded the OA .pbo file and put it in the mpmissions folder and tried playing it on takistan but it always freezes at the same point no matter what i do. I really want to play this mod so i would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I'm having an issue where the stops loading half way through the Loading Epic Zombieness" bar and i can't figure out why. I am a steam user btw if that has anything to do with it. I'm using OA and i downloaded the OA .pbo file and put it in the mpmissions folder and tried playing it on takistan but it always freezes at the same point no matter what i do. I really want to play this mod so i would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Sounds like you may be using the Arma2:CO version or vice versa when you only have OA. Verify that then try to load the mission again.

Hi, nice mod, thanks.

Is it possible to save? There is conflicting info on this, ie it say you added it on the dev page and here earlier that you said you could not add it yet.

------------------------------------------

nvm, done it.

Edited by SneakersO_Toole

Courtesy of jb4500

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128781-TvT-FFA-CO-40-Dynamic-Zombie-Sandbox&p=2092963&viewfull=1#post2092963

Bobtom if you're interested I added save game in LAN (It saves the game and you are in the same position with everything: gun/vehicle/bandages/etc.)

You have to modify two files: There are slight differences between them, but I am not sure if they are both needed. Anyway, if you only modify one then it won't work. They are both called zombiesinit.sqf

File One is in: C:...\craigs_scripts folder,

the other is in: C:...\zombie_scripts folder

The lines that need to be modified are:

//Disable saving

enableSaving [true,true];

and

//Leave group

_group=createGroup civilian;

[player] join _group;

For //Leave group, just delete the code underneath it. I hope it helps.

use 'PboView0.8' to unpack, then edit the files, then re-pack. Not the most user-friendly method I've seen but hey.

Sounds like you may be using the Arma2:CO version or vice versa when you only have OA. Verify that then try to load the mission again.

I have tried all the versions of the .pbo and it happens with everyone of them. A friend of mine can play it just fine but i cant play with him because it says Im missing some kind of file. Is there a way to see if I actually am missing some files or is there a way i can just download them?

I have tried all the versions of the .pbo and it happens with everyone of them. A friend of mine can play it just fine but i cant play with him because it says Im missing some kind of file. Is there a way to see if I actually am missing some files or is there a way i can just download them?

Check your arma2oa.rpt in /appdata/local/arma2oa it should give you some hints on what mod/addon is missing.

The leave group thing really shouldn't be used in DZS anyway, I'm sure the players aren't starting in a group??? IIRC that function is only there in the original Chernarus Apocalypse to nicely organize the MP slotting screen.

Update ETA? :3 finally fixed my arma, want to start hosting DZS again, stuck at a version waaaay back when. >.>

I run dedicated DZS 1.25 (edited only Speed up time ) + ACE - all ok.

Tried to add @ACRE for players - find some problem, in game spawn many, MANY PRC-119\PRC-343 radios, but very few weapon.

Who has ever had experience with a similar problem?

I will be glad to any advice )

Sorry for my Engrish :j:

I'll look into this radio spawning issue, I've heard it in the past also.

I'm finally back working on this again guys! Hopefully I stick to it this time!

To start things off, DZS now has it's own web page: http://www.dynamiczombiesandbox.com

It isn't done yet, but I'll be adding new things as time goes on. I've set up a DevBlog to keep you updated on progress also.

Thanks,

Craig

Ok i heard you can do this to enable the save function :

Bobtom if you're interested I added save game in LAN (It saves the game and you are in the same position with everything: gun/vehicle/bandages/etc.)

You have to modify two files: There are slight differences between them, but I am not sure if they are both needed. Anyway, if you only modify one then it won't work. They are both called zombiesinit.sqf

File One is in: C:...\craigs_scripts folder,

the other is in: C:...\zombie_scripts folder

The lines that need to be modified are:

//Disable saving

enableSaving [true,true];

and

//Leave group

_group=createGroup civilian;

[player] join _group;

For //Leave group, just delete the code underneath it. I hope it helps.

But what would i have to do if i wanted every player to be able to press the save button on their own accord? Atm The only person who can save their character / mission is the host. How can i make it that the save menu is visible to individuals?

Great Mod Craig , makes me sad thinking this was made before Dayz :(

From a fellow dev ( from ofp and still ofp ) Thanks :)

Abrun4

OFPWH40K Modeler.

Yes this does work.

However, there are some issues that go along with it:

Respawn will break

Food/water will break

The slashes on bottom will disappear

Bandage indicator will disappear

+ more

I can add save game, but these will be the issues that will go along with it.

I'm really not sure how I can get around it. I think all player variables and eventHandlers get deleted on the load game, and that's why these things happen. I'm not sure of this, but it's my guess.

If there was a way I could check for when the game loads, I could just reapply these variables. But AFAIK it isn't possible.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

A new 1.3 Beta:

Changes:

New Spawning system

Food/Water should now work

Can't escape weapon removal / fog addition by hitting Escape on skin selection screen

Enabled saving, see above post for repercussions of loading a save game

Saving and loading can only be done by the host. It's just how it is in ArmA as far as I know.

Test, Enjoy, tell me what I did wrong. :D

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/

-Craig

Always a pleasure to test the mission out, so without adeiu... --> Just had a quick game, local host server.

Got a horde.sqs not found message when heading to a side mission that had a horde. It did give me a completion message, but there were still zeds left.

I later died of dehydration, but I never received a message that It was getting close, or that I should find some water.

I found a blue barrel of water, but I could only load it into a truck. Not sure if I am supposed to be able to drink from it??

The take raw goat meat message shows up twice.

And lastly, the zeds are a lot slower and are real jerky when coming toward you while the player is on foot, they run for a few steps then stop. In a vehicle they run full speed after you. Oh just for fun, I tried a clear out town mission, and the zombies rushed me as they had in previous versions, acting completely different than in classic gamemode. I got mobbed completely. I chose 5 random boxes and there was nothing spawned though.

Running latest beta(w/all DLC) CBA, blastcore and JSRS