Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Sweet! Will try it asap :)

and about the infected gamemode, couldnt we have an option for respawning? or that when everyone is dead it restarts automaticly? (if that's possible?)

So if someone joins in progress, they have to wait for the whole team to die (or until restart) to play.

Yes, yes those options would be great to add. Both gamemodes are just in a Beta form right now. The goal was to get them mainly working for 1.25. Next release is probably sooner, rather than later.

Yes, yes those options would be great to add. Both gamemodes are just in a Beta form right now. The goal was to get them mainly working for 1.25. Next release is probably sooner, rather than later.

Cool :) oh and yea I tried the latest upload and it works man, so nice! :D

Love the SUV's with minigun on the roof and shit xD tho I think you need to add some vehicles to the logistics thing, cus Jackals (i think they are called) and perhaps a few other doesnt have any vehicle content, and cant be lifted by helis cus of that :/

And im not 100% sure but it doesnt seem like tanks and few other vehicles even have a chance of spawning? By the "All vehicles" parameter i want ALL :D tanks included!

Bobtom.

Wow, what a blast.

Playing with my team and I had the crap scared out of me.

The crawling, and the varied sounds are GREAT.

You have done a fabulous job.

We had a BLAST last night in my Ded server.

Is it stock Engineers who can repair vehicles?

Or is it only Repair trucks?

It would be really cool if it was possible to have a repair pack you could find and use to get a vehicle up and running.

We had one issue where only one person could get into any of the vehicles we had scavenged towards the latter half of the gaming session.

Could be my server was being tasked, but I thought I would mention it in case it was something else other then my server being beatup by your great mission.

We had a pretty high density of walkers.

Thanks for your hard work that have put out such fantastic results.

I think this is our new favorite mission.

Keep up the great work

Styxx

New Note

De'd Server has been running great for the last 2 days.

One issue is the Dam ZEDs keep walking through the barriers.

I read through the forum and saw the hints to not touch another building or object but that just hasn't worked.

If I don't touch the object it is fine and the ZED will go around it.

but if anyone uses the Take Object, and puts it down again they just go right through it.

Any idea's?

I did have ASR AI enabled and removed that and tested on my own hosted server and same issue.

Is there a command that we can use to send to the server to identify these newly placed objects that they are there and the Zeds should not walk through them?

This is a major flaw for us and I would love to resolve it. We have taken to parking Vehicles sideways in front of our Hanger al la Mad Max.

Would love the sand bags to work though.

I seen it was fixed, is it just my server and our addons?

Thanks for any help from anyone at all.

Thanks again.

LOVE having to repair and refuel choppers, we are using ACE Tires and fuel cans. WOW three cans don't give you much to fly on. ;)

Edited by Styxx42
Issue Found

Bobtom,

Just wanted to chime in and also congratulate and thank you for such a great mission.

The strength of this game is that the users can contribute and build it into something unlike any other game out there. You've done a great job adding to the game and providing a new, open and flexible way of seasoned players to still enjoy the mayhem.

Thanks again and great job!

hi guys -- i just downloaded the free version of Arma 2 (1.10) a few days ago after finding this mission and have been having an absolute blast playing on LAN with my roommate. there are a couple of issues that have popped up though that have dampened the experience and i'm wondering if they are related. the first is that usually when i spawn in or near a town, i will get the following error: no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgmagazines.17rnd_9x19_glock17. i've also encountered a variation which is almost identical except that it pertains to pellets for a benelli shotgun or something like that. i generally just close this error popup and continue with my game. we were playing this evening however and just as we started to really settle in, the game froze and crashed the instant i attempted to check a zombie for loot. it then happened again perhaps a half hour later.

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? i know there are different guns in the other versions of the game but i definitely installed the vanilla Arma2/free-compatible version of this mission. i wondered if perhaps these zombies had the items that i've received errors for and it's crashing the game when it can't find the items or whatever. it's such a drag to crash out like that and now i'm hesitant to attempt to loot zombies anymore. my roommate receives the same errors but hasn't yet crashed out (though he said he doesn't really loot zombies, only cars). i thought it a bit strange that no one else seemed to have experienced the same issue (or at least i couldn't find where they mentioned it).

thanks for any help!

I removed the zombie dropping the mags, and the error went away.

Also, edited out a lot of weapons, and seems more stable now.

But I got a lot of these:

22:30:01 Server: Object 3:577 not found (message 121) with different numbers.

hi guys -- i just downloaded the free version of Arma 2 (1.10) a few days ago after finding this mission and have been having an absolute blast playing on LAN with my roommate. there are a couple of issues that have popped up though that have dampened the experience and i'm wondering if they are related. the first is that usually when i spawn in or near a town, i will get the following error: no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgmagazines.17rnd_9x19_glock17. i've also encountered a variation which is almost identical except that it pertains to pellets for a benelli shotgun or something like that. i generally just close this error popup and continue with my game. we were playing this evening however and just as we started to really settle in, the game froze and crashed the instant i attempted to check a zombie for loot. it then happened again perhaps a half hour later.

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? i know there are different guns in the other versions of the game but i definitely installed the vanilla Arma2/free-compatible version of this mission. i wondered if perhaps these zombies had the items that i've received errors for and it's crashing the game when it can't find the items or whatever. it's such a drag to crash out like that and now i'm hesitant to attempt to loot zombies anymore. my roommate receives the same errors but hasn't yet crashed out (though he said he doesn't really loot zombies, only cars). i thought it a bit strange that no one else seemed to have experienced the same issue (or at least i couldn't find where they mentioned it).

thanks for any help!

Same problems here.. error message and crashes.. :-( on Arma2Free.

Edited by Guderian
new data

Wow, I've been hosting this with my friends on my home dedicated server. We stress the crap out of it filling it up with LOADS of zombies. So much fun when we look around and see 100 zombies chasing us!

Maybe you should put in some more scavenging gameplay, like food and water and vehicle parts? We're not looking for a PVP experience (because the DayZ players just want to watch the world burn). We're more of a "Let's ambush a horde of 100 zombies together" COOP group.

i see why he hasn't added food or drink yet, there's very few ways to make it work without making people download new things. thus far the only solution ive found is to add food and drink to items via addaction. but then its just for those items (that you cant pick up and place into inventory). its a basic solution but its better then nothing at all.

also i was wondering if the undead mod is compatible with this, i would love to have the infection system and to be able to set the zombies or spawns where ever i like.(not to mention the variation of slow and fast zombies would make things a little more interesting)

Good ideas.. I like to have the possibility to set up my own spawn points, not just around the player.

So we can create some safer zones.. :-)

i definitely agree with others who have suggested that food & drink be added. not to beat a dead horse, but the ability to customize this mission and to quickly be able to jump in with your friends really does make it the foremost option for a lot of people when it comes to zombie action/gameplay. it's very difficult, though, not to yearn for the deeper elements that (sorry to beat a dead horse here) dayZ brings to the table. objectives and scavenging for ammo and such are all good and well, but there is seldom a real sense of desperation or urgency apart from the (obvious) occasions where you're being chased by a horde. i can't imagine many people would mind a slightly heftier download in exchange for the added depth that these sorts of elements introduce.

it's an amazing mission as it is but there's a lot of untapped potential. keep up the good work in any case!

Well, food and water won't be an issue... After weeks of slacking off I am allowing Craig to use my system that I use in Wasteland for food and water. :)

I try to play DZS on the map Fallujah

my server keeps on spamming in the logs.

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.fallujah\sideMissions\SM4.sqf, line 73

Error in expression <

while {_checking == 1} do {

_people = nearestObjects [[getpos _hill select 0, >

Error position: <nearestObjects [[getpos _hill select 0, >

Error Type Any, expected Number

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.fallujah\sideMissions\SM2.sqf, line 37

Error in expression <

_people = nearestObjects [[getpos _town select 0, >

Error position: <nearestObjects [[getpos _town select 0, >

and no Vehicle or weapon spawn.

What i use:

Dynamic_Zombie_Sandbox_1-25_CO.zip

dynamic_zombie_sandbox.fallujah.pbo

fallujah1_2

a2oa-server-1.62.97755 (on Debian 6.0)

ARMA2_OA_Build_97771

Edited by flaep

@flaep

I'll take a look, the system is looking for defined hills, if there isn't any defined hills on the map it freaks out and throws a hissy fit.

On a brighter note

Here is a link for the beta version of 1.3.

1.3 Testing Download

New features!

[TABLE=class: list related-issues, width: 1145]

[TR=class: hascontextmenu]

[TD]Feature #50617: New parameter option: Use only weapons from mods[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Feature #50620: New parameter option: Use only vehicles from mods[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Feature #50645: Make zombie classes mod compatible[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Feature #53367: Skin selection dialog at start[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Feature #53955: Faster, FSM, loading screen.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Feature #54069: Food and Water system[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

And some changes to Infected and TownAttack. They should work better.

This isn't dedi tested, so please tell me if you encounter any issues!

Some pics:

http://bit.ly/qbj3yb

I've also got an installation tutorial going through modDB's vetting process. I'll post it when it gets approved.

Expect 1.3 next weekend.

Have a good weekend,

Craig

To everyone who wants to check it out. I hosted it here:

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

BugReport:

"trying to add NV Goggles again"

The Server tries pretty hard and i have them i my inventory but he never stops trying.

This message spams nonstop in my logs.

Character menu should be empty?

I spawned with a weapon

no zombies no vehicle

the name of the mission is still 1.25

This is fallujah testing. Chernarus still in progress.

Edited by flaep

Thanks :D My dedi isn't working, my host (defcon) is being silly as usual...

These are a result of some locality issues, holding up the startUp script.

The above issues should be fixed now.

1.3 Testing Download

The link in the previous post will work too.

To open the food/water inventory press the ~ key, there is also a parameter to turn it on and off.

Barrels of water and food stands are spawned in the mission.

Ok Chernarus seems to work.

No errors in logs.

food/water inventory works too

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.20Rnd_9x19_EVO'."

Fallujah still gives the:

Error in expression <

_people = nearestObjects [[getpos _hill select 0, >

Error position: <nearestObjects [[getpos _hill select 0, >

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.fallujah\sideMissions\SM1.sqf, line 56

and spawns no vehicle.

I keep the server running but it is non persistent (persistent crashes more often) so you have to start the mission by voting if it is not running.

If you to try something instant iam arround for the next 40 minutes

Edited by flaep

Hm to bad you arnt working on the A2 version, its got a major bug. Items arnt showing up for anyone but the host of games, ive rienstalled 3 times now and joined all diffrent types of servers, and they all say the same thing "Sorry man, items only show up for the host" Please help :"(

i'm not getting any sort of menu from the ~ key. i did find a food stand but it didn't seem to contain any edible objects i don't think. i definitely have the food & drink system turned on. any ideas?

i'm not getting any sort of menu from the ~ key. i did find a food stand but it didn't seem to contain any edible objects i don't think. i definitely have the food & drink system turned on. any ideas?

did the character selection screen work?

yep, i got the new skin selection screen -- just no food/beverage menu.

yep, i got the new skin selection screen -- just no food/beverage menu.

did you change any parameter?

I had the same problem. When i changed any parameter (even if it is just the time) the ~ does nothing. (no i tried not all combination of parameters).

Food and Water seemed to turned of by default but you can open the menu in default.