Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

@Arma2Chick

Wrong behaviour, I am pointing you to the rules which you just accepted. The fact you need help does not mean the rules do not apply.

+1 infraction for discussing our moderation in public (again something you seem to have missed when you accepted the rules).

well ill find my own way of doing it, your not the only one who know anything, "after all its not been copyrighted, or has it",

remember my name, you will see it soon, thanks for nothing

Also, show some respect to authors. If thats to difficult for you I am, for some very weird reason, under the impression your stay here will not be for long.

well ill find my own way of doing it, your not the only one who know anything, "after all its not been copyrighted, or has it", :D

remember my name, you will see it soon, thanks for nothing :D

No you do not! Of course all the user created content here is copyrighted. No matter if you accept that fact or not.

And if I were you, I wouldn't even consider releasing any ripped or modified content from anyone in this community.

No you do not! Of course all the user created content here is copyrighted. No matter if you accept that fact or not.

And if I were you, I wouldn't even consider releasing any ripped or modified content from anyone in this community.

I dont need to rip your content, sod ya, and you think i would need your shit. go to hell.

well ill find my own way of doing it, your not the only one who know anything, "after all its not been copyrighted, or has it", :D

remember my name, you will see it soon, thanks for nothing :D

I offered help, i liked your suggestion, some people enjoy playing without zombies, mainly for the PvP.

But go ahead and find your own way, but don't call it Dyamic Zombie Sandbox and don't use any of the scripts without my permission. I'm not the only one who knows how to do anything, correct. Others have offered their help and I've let others release their own modifications.

And thank you, Moderators, for your support.

bobtom respect for the post above even after all the unpolitness you still posted a respectfull post.

Any ways great work on this mission its coming on really well I love it and so do me mates.

Thanks

P.S

Was I correct in thinking you did mention that one day you intend to add a food and water system? if so this would be great and would fit your mission perfectly.

Food,Drink,save feature, and probably hunting somehow. i cant really think of any other things that could make this any better. but i do have a suggestion if you do incorporate the above features you could make a survival gamemode for it and make a second gamemode more fast paced lacking the need for food and drink. I see you've basically already started the latter idea.

im trying to figure out how i could put a food and drink script into it and if i figure out how ill let you know, Ive been playing solo since Ive been messing around with scripts testing things to see whats possible. for the most part im trying to make it so i can sneak past the zombies similar to dayz so you could basicly hold up in a building somewhere as a base till you ran outta food, water, and med supplies.

i cant even play dayz anymore its the same boring thing every time i get on, yours is random and obviously has quite a few extra perks, but not many games or mods out there really take that survival aspect into consideration even tho that would be one of the most important aspects of any post apocalyptic or end world scenario. since dayz is going stand alone anyways there needs to be some mods that take its place in terms of gameplay.

If your so sick of DayZ why would you want to change this already great mod to be more like DayZ?

not to be more like dayz, but the survival aspect of it, thats what i love personaly. if i wanted to just kill some zombies id go play one of the many other zombie games out there. very few games zombie or other take on a survival aspect of things.

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Version 1.25

Overview

While 1.0 was said to be all about stability, it really wasn't that stable on dedicated. So I've completely redone multiple parts of the code, and put others i n a more efficient format than .sqf. The spawning system has been redone, multiple gamemodes have been added, and zombies control now use a system simliar to DayZ's. I ran my dedi for three days straight and zombies were still spawning. I think the total was around 3,000 zombies killed on my server alone. And that was early in 1.25's development cycle. So go out there and host.

Besides performance improvements I've added two new gamemodes. These gamemodes do something that is quite unique for an MP mission like this. They change DZS completely from it's basic state.

The first gamemode is entitled infected, which is a near straight copy of Call of Duty Zombies. The round sounds are there, there is a mystery box, and you may buy weapons. You get points for hitting and killing the zombies that spawn in waves. I really enjoy this one, after a bunch of waves, it gets very intense. And there is no respawn (well, there is, but you respawn as an invincible animal).

The second gamemode is called "Clear out town" or "Town Attack" or "Town sweep". Call it what you want, but about a hundred or more zombies spawn in a town. You spawn just outside the town. Clear it out. It's a challenge, but the more friends you bring the more fun it is. There is also a parameter to have military vehicles at your disposal. I plan on elaborating on this gamemode more in the future.

Why call it 1.25? It's true I have gone up by .05 with every version before this, but this version has some major changes and additions in it, thus deserving a larger jump.

What's New?

After the 1.0 release I decided to foucs on bug killing again, but the performance issues were still nagging at me. I decided to take the plunge and revamp the spawning and the control scripts. They are now run via .fsm. The new spawning is now the default in the parameters menu, but the old spawning is still there.

Major Additions:

• Helicopters Spawn at Airports
  • Support Vehicles now have a chance to spawn (repair, refuel etc)
  • Random Hordes spawn around the player (script by Spam_one)
  • Bandage Counter on the bottom left
  • Two New Gamemodes (Infected, Town Sweep/clear)

Major Changes:

• New spawning system
  • New zombie control system

Major Bug fixes:

• Dead player's body wasn't removed
  • Zombie bodies w/ loot never were deleted
  • Issues with sidemission markers
  • Entering Searchlights killed zombies nearby
  • NVG wasn't carried over on respawn
  • Spawning outside of the map

Changelog:

Full Changelog, with info on each ticket can be found at Dev Heaven

Bug #38458: Zombies stop spawning.

Bug #38459: FPS drops for everyone

Bug #38461: Side missions and markers don't update on Jip

Bug #38466: Base sidemission spawn on already existing base

Bug #39635: Zombies with loot would stay on the map indefinately

Bug #39637: Players lost NVGs on respawn

Bug #39648: Disable "E" parameter was broken.

Bug #39649: Dead players clog up mission.

Bug #39783: Entering Searchlights Kill Nearby Zombies

Bug #40008: Markers wouldn't work if the sidemission was called twice.

Bug #40009: On zargabad, people spawn at bottom corner of map.

Bug #40028: Sidemission Marker Variable Error

Bug #40166: Vehicle damage at start is messed up

Bug #40167: With new zombie scripts, zombies attack too fast.

Bug #40216: Mission marker was not deleted for JIP

Bug #40738: Changing weapons spawning parameter didn't work.

Feature #41869: Added Helicopters

Feature #41870: Bandage Counter on the bottom of screen.

Feature #46235: New GameMode: Infected

Feature #46282: New GameMode: Clear out a town (Beta)

Feature #46338: Random Hordes

Feature #46717: Repair, Refuel and Ammunition vehicles

Task #39633: Convert Celery's zombie scripts to .FSM format

Task #39636: Create a new spawning system, and make it .FSM

Downloads:

Once again I am going with the 3 versions, and one bundle of all three.

Donations:

As you know we don't get paid for this mod, I've put a lot of my free time into it. If you want to keep DZS going and promote future features feel free to donate as much as you wish. Also for any donation over 10 USD we will send a DZS wristband to you home. Just include your address when you donate.

Donate!

Combined Operations Version (CO)

Requires patch 1.62 of ArmA 2 Combined Operations. No other mods/addons required.

DOWNLOAD

Operation Arrowhead Version (OA)

Requires patch 1.60 of ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead . No other mods/addons required

DOWNLOAD

ArmA 2 Vanilla/Free Version (A2/A2F)

Requires patch 1.10 of ArmA 2 or ArmA 2 Free. No other mods/addons required

DOWNLOAD

DZS 1.25 Pack

DOWNLOAD

Thanks to:

Dethorath - Helped a lot with sounds and testing

Tonic - As usual, being great.

VVC team

Loyal players

Everyone who hosts the mission

Celery for making the zombies!! (and ArmA 3 MP)

And a shoutout to all the people who make fan art and custom loading screens! They are great! Thank you!

Edited by bobtom

wow.. looking forward to this. Thanks bobtom. Is this actual release or an update on whats going on? As there is no dl link available.

ETA: Nvm. Looks like I posted in the middle of bobtom still posting the announcement :)

additionally you rule sir.

ETA2: Wow.. just wow.. Runs like a champ even while running a bunch of stuff as a hosted server. Nice work. Can't wait to get some folks on this map.

Bug Report for you. I get a script error '|#|removeAllItems _zombietype' Error removeallitems; type String, expected object

This is on latest beta patch and only blastcore visuals running with additional addon maps.

Also the ability to get things from the zombie corpses doesn't seem to work for me. I can see the sparkling that prior indicated the zombie corpse had an item to grab, but there is nothing in the action menu, or in the inventory of the body.

Edited by heklos

runs good other then what heklos stated. i haven't gotten the remove all items error yet, but i think it shows they have items because they have radios,maps,watch,etc... so it says they have gear but don't its just the usual stuff, also after a while of killing zeds the bodies stay as well and it lags out after so many bodies pile up.

also hard time finding gear (in vehicles) but that may just be because im not looking hard enough.

I would see it whenever a new zed would be spawned or a group however the script calls for it. I did also get a message about the z_horde.sqs not being found? That was with the brown background and the continue button, not the black background white text of the script error.

I do like the sound effects for the magic box :-)

Bug Report for you. I get a script error '|#|removeAllItems _zombietype' Error removeallitems; type String, expected object

This is on latest beta patch and only blastcore visuals running with additional addon maps.

Also the ability to get things from the zombie corpses doesn't seem to work for me. I can see the sparkling that prior indicated the zombie corpse had an item to grab, but there is nothing in the action menu, or in the inventory of the body.

Good catch, I've updated the links to fix this issue.

Thanks again!

This is working great :) Thanks for the new update

I wanted to try running this mod with ACE enabled also.

I run the server with these mods:

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_USNavy

Should that be fine to run with? or anything i need to enable/disable?

Good catch, I've updated the links to fix this issue.

Thanks again!

Sure thing. DL the update.

FYI on your signature you have the blurb about 1.25 being released, but the link takes you to the first page on the thread and the links displayed still show the 1.0 version.

This is working great :) Thanks for the new update

I wanted to try running this mod with ACE enabled also.

I run the server with these mods:

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_USNavy

Should that be fine to run with? or anything i need to enable/disable?

None that I see.. (caveat: nothing game breaking) The only time I've had "issues" is when running a mod that drastically changes the AI reactions, like the AI suppression and AI Line of Sight mods. Running mission with the AI suppression script makes all the zombies duck or drop to the ground as you shoot at them, so kinda ruins the whole zed thing.

Bobtom built the mission with ACE in mind, so you can turn off/on ACE stamina/backpacks in the parameters menu. As for the ACE specific weapons/vehicles its all a crap shoot as how ever the mission handles that. I have played with all of that just fine and found ACE items here and there, but not as widespread as the Vanilla equipment. I think ALICE is in there somewhere too, so if you have additional civilian vehicles you will see them here and there. I like to hunt zeds in the '70 Cuda myself :)

Edited by heklos

For me the classic gamemode is glitched on dedicated. No zombies at all (tried default params and my own ones)

Zombies spawn on infected gamemode tho, but that one is glitched on dedicated as well :/ if you rejoin you get NULL killpoints and cant gain any points form killing zombies!

Same, nothing works on dedi, with showscripterror there is this in .rpt

in sandbox :

Error in expression <s = nearestObjects [player, ["house"], (CVG_maxSpawnDist + 100)];>

Error position: <CVG_maxSpawnDist + 100)];>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: cvg_maxspawndist

In infected :

_dist=_radius;

_zombie allowFleeing 0;

if (_zo>

Error position: <_radius;

_zombie allowFleeing 0;

if (_zo>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _radius

Error in expression < CLY_altmaxaggroradiusobjects==0) then {CLY_maxaggroradius} else {CLY_altmaxaggr>

Error position: <CLY_maxaggroradius} else {CLY_altmaxaggr>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: cly_maxaggroradius

Error in expression <hen {_radius=CLY_minaggroradius+random (_maxradius-CLY_minaggroradius)};

if (_zo>

Error position: <_maxradius-CLY_minaggroradius)};

if (_zo>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _maxradius

Error in expression <d _victimradius<=1) then {_victimradius=_radius*_victimradius};

_zombie addEve>

Error position: <_radius*_victimradius};

_zombie addEve>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _radius

Error in expression <ims;

if (!isNull _nearest) then {

if (_victimradius>0) then {{if (vehicle _x d>

Error position: <_victimradius>0) then {{if (vehicle _x d>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _victimradius

Error in expression <";

_wait=time+10+random 35;

:(

i run a small non-dedi server and all i get every so often is some error ingame saying a zombie spawn SQF stopped working, yet the zombies keep spawning so im not sure what stoped working. also ammo boxes appear in towns regardless of what i set the params too

I am having a problem. When I set the game to classic with zombie spawns on around buildings(best) i go around to the different towns and can't find zombies anywhere. I have them set at 100 meters also. It doesn't matter how many per km i set either. Please help. I love playing but want to try the different spawn types.

Yea, apart from zombies not spawning on classic on dedicated 1.25 is really nice! I love that helicopters now need refuel (and a bit repairing) before you can use them :D makes it less of a race of who will get to a chopper first..

Also I was wondering if there is any way to pick the town players spawn in? I play with buddies and sometimes we just wanna run around in Cherno with lots of zombies. Thanks for the great gamemode.

Also I was wondering if there is any way to pick the town players spawn in? I play with buddies and sometimes we just wanna run around in Cherno with lots of zombies. Thanks for the great gamemode.

Did you check the parameters? I think there is one in there that lets you change it to allow players to spawn near each other.

I've updated the links, zombies shouldâ„¢ work on dedi now.

Also I've updated the front page. Writing modDB news now...

For me the classic gamemode is glitched on dedicated. No zombies at all (tried default params and my own ones)

Zombies spawn on infected gamemode tho, but that one is glitched on dedicated as well :/ if you rejoin you get NULL killpoints and cant gain any points form killing zombies!

This was kinda part of the plan, I wanted infected to be non-JIP, like the classic zombie experience.

Edited by bobtom

I've updated the links, zombies shouldâ„¢ work on dedi now.

Also I've updated the front page. Writing modDB news now...

This was kinda part of the plan, I wanted infected to be non-JIP, like the classic zombie experience.

Sweet! Will try it asap :)

and about the infected gamemode, couldnt we have an option for respawning? or that when everyone is dead it restarts automaticly? (if that's possible?)

So if someone joins in progress, they have to wait for the whole team to die (or until restart) to play.