Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

so i have a question for craig , me and my friends run a very custom dayz server, i was wondering if its possible to use some of these scripts in the server. our goal is to make it the most unique server around, we are almost done getting podagorsk to work with it. the reason im asking is your game mode runs off of scripts already in game so we wont need to require people to download anything extra. im asking first before i even look into the files and scripts u use.

our goal is to make our server the ultimate zombie roleplay server thats open to the public (no passwords or lock) we already have several anti hacks in place (screw battle eye, we got the people who make the hacks make us a custom anti hack for the server and it updates when they update there hacks).

i love how your gamemode generates random bases and such and would make the server even more unique

I can't seem to find any servers to play with, will someone with a dedi add me on steam or something so I can have a group to play with?

Skype or teamspeak will work too. Just let me know. I can barely even get it to work with DayZ some times though.

New version with tons of shit (more than 1000 items with probability of spawn and placement).

Vehicles generated at the beginning of the mission now RESPAWN ! (with vehicle script from Tophe).

All sidemissions (aircraft, horde, base, ammo, and supply vehicle) with different colors for everyone.

Armored like usual, quads, choppers, supply vehicle with probability of spawn, placement, life, fuel, ammo.

Have fun :D

Hope to see something like that developed by Craig, it will be better made :)

About the stability, it's very good since the last release, my dedicated run since 2 days and there's always zombies and sidemissions.

About bugs, always the same, sidemissions don't appear on map for new player, so when every one is disconnected... nobodies can tell you where to go :(

Maybe by using adding tasks in briefing ?

edit : and sometimes missions don't finish, it's not cool :(

Hope to have news soon about what you did Craig (if you have time)

I can't get it to work when trying to set it up as a dedi, works fine as a listen server, it just spams that the mission is being "read from bank" as soon as somebody connects.

Edit:

Same thing for the one that isn't your modified version, can't run a dedicated server. This sort of sucks as that's the only way you can actually save (Can't suspend the mission, and I'm not going to leave a listen server up, a dedi turns my computer into a heater enough as it is).

Edited by trafficman

Hello everyone,

I have some treats for you today.

First off I have made some tweaks to the new zombie spawning, I hope this will work out better. Mainly involving the time between spawn attempts and the amount of zombies possible to spawn.

Also, zombies going through barriers. This issue may not be as present in this latest 1.05 testing, but it will still occasionally crop up.

Other fixes:

Zombies no longer play the death sound when idling (not sure how this got screwed up)

Zombies shouldn't attack each other anymore, this was a locality issue caused when the "Zombieness" of a zombie wasn't passed to other client's zombies.

Now for the good stuff:

A friend of mine had an idea, that idea was to create a fast paced, Call of Duty Zombies type of gamemode. I liked it, and I was looking for a break from normal DZS, so him and I created a new gamemode. It's available in this version of 1.05, select it in the Gamemode's parameter

Some features:

Wave based spawning

Mystery box (like call of duty)

Money system

Dialog for weapon purchasing

Compatible with as many people as you like

A video showcasing it in an earlier form. Narrated by Luke Jansen, who came up with the design, and helped script it. Jansen will be showing up a lot more soon, helping me with various things, and answering questions.

097aawTn3Ic

Download Link:

http://bit.ly/1-05Testing

Enjoy,

Craig

Looking nice Craig. Been a while since I tried this but after 1.00 , will I be experiencing lag as much as last time anymore or has that been fixed up? I remember playing in the past and I would lag up really bad after the zombie spawn become high and the high amount of AI causes really really horrible lag, have this been fix?

I did have a better time with this than DayZ so I'll be looking forward to it sometimes for a break from standard coop sometimes which is my preference.

First of all: I love this mod, just pure fun fighting together against zombies or fighting against each other and zombies, building bases, destroying bases, gather vehicles and weapons, getting your vehicles and weapons stolen/blown up, try to get them back&get revenge... just great! Sometimes everyone is just killing everybody, but mosat of the times you have just a few hostile players on a server and then it is the most awesome, since you have to move your base if it gets found by the hostile players, help fresh spawned etc.. Just awesome work, keep it up!

I have just one problem: Since i dont own a server, when i host a game/play solo on my computer, leaving the game will make everything be gone. Since I played missions before that you could save and resume even in multiplayer, i want to ask if a save function is planned or if it is even possible to make this mission saveable. I am a programmer myself for 12 years now, but I am new to ArmA and so I know nothing about its scripting. So could you add a save option, or at least tell me if this is even possible. It is your mod, so if you think the save option is unnececary, thats ok, but I am sure you also wouldnt mind if I add it just for the single player, as long as it is possible. Already did some research but didnt find a real answer to my question.

Some suggestions from me for further gamemodes:

If it is possible: make a gamemode where at the start of a round one guy gets selected as killer. Only the killer can kill other players without getting some sort of punishment, and his name has to be hidden from the kill messages (means no "xyz killed victim"). The non-killer players can kill the killer of course, without getting punishment (maybe kill playerkillers and they have to wait a little bit longer to respawn). If the killer gets killed/leaves, another randomly selected player becomes the killer.If this is possible, I think it would be very funny on some smaler maps like Lingor(which is really awesome and gets even more awesome through this mod) if you dont have that much player on the server. This type of game me and my family often plays, when we are on vacation with some other familys, maybe some of you are familiar with it as a party game.

Thanks for the release Craig :)

I understand, when you work many times on the same thing, that you want to change things a little.

But for me, and others which i just rent a 40 slots server for your mod, that kind of gamemode is ok for games who handle it really well, not Arma. In fact, Arma has negative accel on mouse, strange behavior of the soldier etc, it's not that fun to play that kind of mod, it's like doing a sim-mod on mario kart.

After all, i think you learn and you create some new stuff with this part of developpement, and we enjoy it. As i said before, i think Arma isn't the best support for this gamemode, but doing it can bring you some knowledge and ideas maybe for sandbox.

For my part, i just download your update, launch it one time on local, saw that 200m spawn for zombies isn't well and nobody spawn, but i just want something that i discovered with the first release, zombies who come from far away, because the mood isn't the same, with your buddy you prepare to aim them, you talk "oh fuck zombies coming from xxx", the map seems to be full of them (even if sometimes we are fed of their cheated spotting) ; but now with the new spawning it's just : "plop spawn in front of me, plop spawn in front of me, plop spawn in front of me".

That's why i, we, put our hands so much in the mod, it's not for steal your work, it's for upgrade it for something we believe to be an alternative of Dayz, less boring, more actions but so much stressful at the same time.

edit : with 100 meters it's ok (in local, i have to test on the dedi), like three times better than before, lot of zombies, great :)

Edited by Spam_One

Here is a newer testing version. I made some more tweaks on the spawning of zombies. It is tweaked more for setting the spawn range further out, like 100 meters or more.

They spawn faster now, and should populate towns quite quickly.

As usual:

Ohhh so in this one if I set the spwan distance to 400m I think is the furthest away they will now spawn ok?.

Any ways this is great will give this a try for sure thanks matey

Find some armored with my buddies :D

http://uppix.net/9/a/b/d85eed5f1c26777d112699edcd011tt.jpg

Nice screenshot!

Question: Would you like to take more? I would love to have some quality screenshots for the 1.05 release on modDB. One will also be selected by ModDB staff to be put on their headline ticker on the front page. (http://www.moddb.com/)

Anyone else is free to post their favorite screenshots also!

Thanks,

Craig

Edited by bobtom

New testing Version:

Changes:

• Did some more tweaks with the spawning, better Diag_log messages for the spawning.

• Default Spawn distance is now 100, the higher this is, the more realistic. Set it to whatever you like.

• Vehicle spawning no longer uses preset arrays, now it takes the classes directly from the config file. This means that all vehicles have a chance to spawn, even modded vehicles. Just like how the weapons work.

• Supply/repair/refuel/etc vehicles now have a chance to spawn with the rest.
  • Readded random hordes. Spam_one's version.
  • Fixed sidemissions not starting if player was in a truck
  • In the infected gamemode, the round sidechat message should now appear for all clients. *need confirmation*
  • Fixed onDeath event handler in startUp.sqf, slight variable error
  • Cut down on Debug messages, switched mainly to diag_log messages.
  • Vehicle spawning is more intelligent. Cars have a higher chance of spawning than trucks.
  • Military vehicles w/o guns have a chance of spawning in civilian areas.

Thanks again, and if you have screenshots, please submit them!

I'll get around to updating the dev heaven page today hopefully.

Download:

Regarding the code changes in the vehicle spawning:

http://pastebin.com/yJdxTNRe

Edited by bobtom

Hi Craig, Thanks for the update !

I didn't post our last version since weeks, modified principally by BenBen and me. We stop using the vehicle.sqf because of the waitUntil which assassinate server performance. BenBen had a look on PDB but didn't have the time to make it work ...

If you want to take a look at our version, here it is !

Wefrag DZS

Our goals are :

- put respawn back for vehicles, but with less ressources for server than "vehicle.sqf"

- make PDB working because with reboots, peoples stops to building base and are disguted of loosing everything :(

- include some things to push players to go in town : objects to find for repairing vehicle, food, water...

- new loot spawn : weapons can respawn, sometimes just ammo, sometimes just waste things, sometimes usable objects...

- Include some missing buildings in loot place

- use points count from your new gamemode : call a special unit for repairing a vehicle, ammo crate drop, vehicle drop...

edit : i just talk with BenBen, he told me that you discussed together few days ago, so you have the last version !

Happy to know that you like some things we made :)

Edited by Spam_One

Hi Gentlemen,

You did nice work! I use it with Arma2Free, version 1.0 and changed the running to walking zombies.

Some suggestions:

- make a mix between running, walking, and crawling zombies (selectable?)

- spawn on the roads stranded cars and busses, preferred wrecks and overturn ones.

- is it possible to spawn a lot of wrecks, and very sparse some usable cars?

- some stranded ships maybe with loot or for athmosphere.

- random spawn delays

Keep up the good work, and awaiting for a Arma2 free updated version.

Johan

Thanks for this excellent mod :D

One question i have made a copy of the mission file for all 5 standard islands.

Utes

Chernarus

Takistan

Zargabad

All of them work fine.

But i cant use the desert island

I have renamed the file: Dynamic_Zombie_Sandbox.desert.pbo

but cant use the mission on it.

Any clue why?

Thanks for this excellent mod :D

One question i have made a copy of the mission file for all 5 standard islands.

Utes

Chernarus

Takistan

Zargabad

All of them work fine.

But i cant use the desert island

I have renamed the file: Dynamic_Zombie_Sandbox.desert.pbo

but cant use the mission on it.

Any clue why?

It's Desert_E

I'm really enjoying this mission since months, I wonder if would be hard to implement a very basic food&water system, just to increase cooperation ad competition in online gaming: I tried porting some system found elsewhere but (of course) without success :D

im sure the OP said a while ago he intends to implement a food and water system but he wanted to get a stable release first so yeah should be even better when thats done.

Thanks for this mission BTW I am loving it

I was also thinking of spawning vehicles on roads with "this setPos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, -0.2]; this setdamage 1;this enableSimulation false;"

To make it block some roads, and randomly outside cities.

And if possible, some light switchmoves on the zombies.

I think walkers are much better then the running ones, because they tend to creep up on you due to their slow movement, you wont see them so easily. This way you can have less, but more stealthy by nature.

Could you tell me how to delete the zombies via your link about extracting files, I DONT really understand how to do this,

I downloaded the file Dynamic Zombie Sandbox and i would like know how to delete the zombies from this?

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

I've only played the CO version, so I am not sure about the A2 free version. I have tested it on Utes and didn't have the spawning in water problem.

Did you un-pbo the file? I extracted all files into their own folder in my missions folder (using Zargabad as the example):

C:\Users\VAKE\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\VAKE\missions\Dynamic_Zombie_Sandbox_Test.Zargabad

The extracted folder's file structure should look like this:

<FOLDER> craigs_scripts
<FOLDER> sideMissions
<FOLDER> sound
<FOLDER> zombie_scripts
mission.sqm
init.sqf
description.ext
cly_gps.sqs
briefing.sqf
stringtable.xml
briefing.html
cly_accuracy.sqf
cly_addweapon.sqf
cly_crate.sqs
cly_heal.sqf
cly_hud.sqf
cly_jukebox.sqf
cly_objectives.sqs
cly_playerstates.sqf
cly_removedead.sqf
cly_spectate.sqf
cly_terraingrid.sqs
Fog.fsm
forestdensity.sqs
jipresumepos.sqs
LoadingScreen.ext
vehicle.sqf

This allows me to use the editor to make a few changes and then save it as a .pbo. Once saved, the .pbo will be saved in your MPMissions folder (I use Steam):

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions\Dynamic_Zombie_Sandbox_Test.Zargabad.pbo

If you change the file name in the editor, it will create a new mission folder which will NOT have the zombie scripts included, so if you want to test different changes, make sure you copy the scripts over!

I've successfully removed OPFOR and Civilian sides from my version, and made the BLUFOR all BAF engineers/medics. I also removed all BAF zombies to avoid confusion and friedlies 'accidentally' shooting other players (I have a free-for-all server, so there is intentional friendly fire sometimes ;)).

I've made a few other tweaks that make me reluctant to upgrade to version .95 (still on .90) as it doesn't sound like a big performance boost (.95 sounds like more of a resource hog, actually).

If you have already done all of this and you are still having the same problem, let us know! ;)

Could you tell me how to delete the zombies via your link about extracting files, I DONT really understand how to do this,

I downloaded the file Dynamic Zombie Sandbox and i would like know how to delete the zombies from this?

Edited by Foxhound
Do not post in all bold! Why the massive size? Are you in need of attention?

You want to play DZS without the zombies? Not the first time I've had that request.

You can play tonic's Wasteland gamemode. It would also be very easy for me to add a parameter to DZS to turn zombies off. :D

You want to play DZS without the zombies? Not the first time I've had that request.

You can play tonic's Wasteland gamemode. It would also be very easy for me to add a parameter to DZS to turn zombies off. :D

how can I add a parameter that allows me to turn the zombies off.

@Arma2Chick

Please do not post in all bold or that massive sized font. Its useless to post like that and only annoys everyone. Not to mention it does not correspond with the forum rules you just agreed wirh.

@ Spam_One

When you have nothing constructive to add to a thread just do not post, else we might consider your post spam and according to the rules spamming is not allowed.

Post deleted.

@Arma2Chick

Please do not post in all bold or that massive sized font. Its useless to post like that and only annoys everyone. Not to mention it does not correspond with the forum rules you just agreed wirh.

@ Spam_One

When you have nothing constructive to add to a thread just do not post, else we might consider your post spam and according to the rules spamming is not allowed.

Post deleted.

I was asking a question that you wouldnt or cant help with, thanks for nothing, and if a questions isnt constructive i dont know where you went to school.

p.s. dont want to play a mod i just wanted a lil help to create mine, but heyhoo, ill do it myself. sod ya.

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

No, I can add that parameter! :D

well ill find my own way of doing it, your not the only one who know anything, "after all its not been copyrighted, or has it", :D

remember my name, you will see it soon, thanks for nothing :D