Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Found and fixed plenty bugs in Chernarus .90 version...

From syntaxis to script errors... some of them are inherited even from earlier versions...

But anyway big big thanks for your awesome job!

And fire your testing team ;)

Hey, sorry if it's been covered already and I missed it, but what exactly doe the destroy fuel pumps option do? Does it mean fuel stations can be destroyed by players, are all destroyed by default and must be repaired, are all destroyed and cannot be repaired, or just some are destroyed and some aren't?

if "Destroy Fuel Stations" is set to yes they will be destroyed and cannot be repaired, if set to no they will be there and fully functioning

Found and fixed plenty bugs in Chernarus .90 version...

From syntaxis to script errors... some of them are inherited even from earlier versions...

But anyway big big thanks for your awesome job!

And fire your testing team ;)

As in the A2 version? The CO has no syntax errors afaik.

So, I did what you suggested and the same thing still happens. If the saving is a problem, is there any manual way to turn it off?

So, I did what you suggested and the same thing still happens. If the saving is a problem, is there any manual way to turn it off?

Don't use the savegame, hit restart every time you play.

Loving the Mission, I reinstalled ArmA2 and even bought a new router to get battleye to work for this.

Thinking of buying a server to host this 24/7, it'll be a UK London server, not sure how many slots yet.

Keep up the good work!

Just played this with a few friends. Alot of fun, love the amount of options we get, thank you for the effort you put into this. Just a few things:

- The construction options keeps appearing and dissappearing randomly? I dunno if this is a problem with the mission or the game itself.

- For a future version, is it possible that you can make people spawn with a buddy initally. So if there's 4 players, each player starts off with a buddy, rather than the whole group or alone.

- Obiviously more side missions/objectives, which I can see you are already working on.

- Maybe more time speed up options? Being able to choice a time scale, the speed at which the day progresses.

- Some eerie music would be great as well, take a look at how Wiggum handled it, incredible atmosphere http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109479-SP-Simple-Zombie-Action

This is certainly a great time with a few friends, I look forward to your future versions, thank you.

Edited by bezzzy

Been having a lot of fun playing this, but just curious: Is anyone else having a problem building the walls (any: hesco, sandbag, etc.) next to each other to form a wall? I can't seem to do it with COIN in my game.

Also, can the survivors be recruited?

What about towing vehicles?

Edited by jb4500

CRAIG. Thank you for GOOD MOD! I have good idea about gameplay. It will BE AWESOME.

IDEA: CAR ENGINE WILL FAIL randomly like in oldshool hardcore horror movies! And you need one minute or more to start engine again! WOW!

and please decrease level of fuel, cars is sooo imba(

Firstly, i'd like to thank all who was involved in creation of such atmospherical mission. Since Fort Zombie game i hasn't played anything like this. Keep it coming mates!

So, as Ihatecheaters already said, the cars are imbalanced compared to zombies. They have nothing to do with fueled-to-top car because they can't stop it. I also would like to propose some ideas regarding cars and hope they will be useful. The main idea is good old RANDOM ;) so there should not be any operational gas station at all (without options), players would have to search in any of given type of buildings (garages, farms e.t.c) in order to find any remains of fuel (canisters, barrels) to refuel a vehicle. Needless to say that location of canisters and % of their fill should be random in each start ;) I'm sure, this will make cars much harder to maintain operational.

Also there's some features i'd like to propose:

1. Make some of zombies (i.e. zombie-soldiers) armed with weapons, but make them as much inaccurate as possible (i.e. make their hands wounded)

2. If possible, make zombie-dogs (hello from "I'm a legend")

So, as Ihatecheaters already said, the cars are imbalanced compared to zombies. They have nothing to do with fueled-to-top car because they can't stop it. I also would like to propose some ideas regarding cars and hope they will be useful. The main idea is good old RANDOM ;) so there should not be any operational gas station at all (without options), players would have to search in any of given type of buildings (garages, farms e.t.c) in order to find any remains of fuel (canisters, barrels) to refuel a vehicle. Needless to say that location of canisters and % of their fill should be random in each start ;) I'm sure, this will make cars much harder to maintain operational.

This would be an excellent feature, some cars scattered throughout the countryside and not solely in towns would also be good, headlights on maybe a zombie trapped inside lol

Also perhaps the escape chopper could have a random fuel amount? It could make for some interesting in-game choices if the abillity to load fuel cans into vehicles as well as direct re-fuelling was implemented? Albeit I dont know if this would work well in-situ.

IDK about armed zombies though, even with wounded hands im sure it would be frustrating to be shot and killed by a zombie "marksman" though i like the ability of scavenging the weapon after a zed disposal...

Zombie dogs..... 100% YES!!

Some "bandage cache's" in a few random towns separate from ammo? With say 1-6 bandages inside. Yay/Nay?

Anyway i appreciate that all is easier said then done Craig, so keep up the excellent work mate!

Edited by Ten Bensons

I find it hard to believe zombies would necessarily be intelligent enough to fire a weapon. Maybe, if you want to play with that idea, you could have kamakazi zombies? Military skinned zombies that act like Zombines from the Half-Life series, where they attack and upon sensing a kill they pull out a live grenade and chase you until it explodes.

I find it hard to believe zombies would necessarily be intelligent enough to fire a weapon. Maybe, if you want to play with that idea, you could have kamakazi zombies? Military skinned zombies that act like Zombines from the Half-Life series, where they attack and upon sensing a kill they pull out a live grenade and chase you until it explodes.

lol yea! :D

Lets stay "classic" folks :)

The mission is good, but, when respawning, jiping or loading a save we cannot use CoIn anymore. And in the Overrun Base Side mission (after respawning) when kill a Blufor zombie (example) the survivors will shoot.

If you put somekind of salvage script, like this, and when destroying a vehicle, killing a zombie or something like this, we gain supply to construct our base.

There is a way to slowdown the zombies ? They run as a b1tch D:

Tried it hosting for 11 players non-dedicated, got around 5fps,... on Duala :) any tips how to optimize parameters to achieve normal FPS?

Tried it hosting for 11 players non-dedicated, got around 5fps,... on Duala :) any tips how to optimize parameters to achieve normal FPS?

Lower the vehicle count, this is a major factor.

And for zombies either:

A) Turn the zombie count down, and leave the default zombie spawn area

B) Turn the zombie spawn area to countryside, this will make the same amount of zombies everywhere

That should help

So bobtom do you think if i run the latest (vanilla version) with ACE should i have problems with

A.I. and scripts? :confused:

Is there a way to make the fog appear in a greater distance? Currently it's great when on foot, but when in a vehicle it's almost non existent.

I try to download different parts, but there aren't any zombies and no parameters working, except task appearing in the begining

c) Never seen this bug. I've played a lot of hours in LAN with other people. Has anyone else experienced it? Maybe its a network thing for you? Not sure. I don't mess with getting out of vehicles at all.

This continues to happen, and it seems to get worse as the mission goes on. I'm guessing it's related to the CPU load on the host player. We tried playing with someone else hosting and he said the same problem was happening to him, and everything was fine for me as a client.

We're only playing with Tiny vehicle amount and 20 zombies per km.

The mission is good, but, when respawning, jiping or loading a save we cannot use CoIn anymore. And in the Overrun Base Side mission (after respawning) when kill a Blufor zombie (example) the survivors will shoot.

If you put somekind of salvage script, like this, and when destroying a vehicle, killing a zombie or something like this, we gain supply to construct our base.

There is a way to slowdown the zombies ? They run as a b1tch D:

Here you go:

EDIT:

Also if you want them to walk edit zombie_scripts/cly_z_routines.sqf line 131. I made it multiline:

if (_zombietype!="slow armored") then {
			_zombie forceWalk true; //EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
			_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"; //EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
		} else {
			_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED";
		};

you can just paste (if you want):

if (_zombietype!="slow armored") then {_zombie forceWalk true;_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"} else {_zombie setSpeedMode "LIMITED"};

WARNING it's wwwwwwwwwwaaaaay too easy like that, but still creepy. ;)

Sometimes it is almost too easy, but if you set the zombie count for very high >60 and try to go through a town (even in a vehicle) its really difficult.

So is anyone else having difficulty building walls that actually connect?

Seems like after awhile the zombies dont respawn if they are meant to, or very few do.

Had my server up for a few hours, 40 zombies per km and 25 min spawn radius.

After a hour or so after many of them had been killed, not many more showed up at all sometimes even for 20+ minutes.

Server has it set to Everywhere, more in towns.

But even in towns it seems like after you kill a initial large amount, the numbers slowly dwindle, and then you get a TDM/FFA with the occasional zombie as people get bored.

Also i noticed once on Chernarus I spawned down south and for quite a few towns I had alot of Z's after me, then when I drove north after driving along the south coast, I didn't see anymore for about an hour.

Edited by Silent Sniper

Here you go:

Sometimes it is almost too easy, but if you set the zombie count for very high >60 and try to go through a town (even in a vehicle) its really difficult.

So is anyone else having difficulty building walls that actually connect?

Thanks man, I'll try this later. =D