Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Idea : how about use the CoIn to setup a base, defences, etc ?

I tried this, and work, but I am a little noob using this. I think it would be useful, example: I setup a base (barbed wire, sandbags only) in the bus garage (emita city) and when I need ammo, i go for a walk scavenging and etc.

I tried this, and work, but I am a little noob using this. I think it would be useful, example: I setup a base (barbed wire, sandbags only) in the bus garage (emita city) and when I need ammo, i go for a walk scavenging and etc.

I really like this idea. I don't think it'd be too hard to implement into the mission really, just create some sort of mobile construction zone.

I really like this idea. I don't think it'd be too hard to implement into the mission really, just create some sort of mobile construction zone.

I already did it, but, I'm having some problems, i can upload "my" version if you want to help me.

This is a great idea, though from what I have seen the zombies can just run through walls and obstacles.

This might be an arma limitation, but I remember playing the new Degeneration, the one with the military base and the zombies there didn't pass the obstacles for some reason. Any way to implement the same type of thing with the objects constructed?

Finally, I haven't tested it thoroughly enough but I think that there are two bugs:

-The base which we need to defend spawns at the edge of the map every time i've played so far.

-The times that I have played the defend base, the zombies only start spawning when I reach the base. Before I reach it I don't see any zombies (unless this is intended). [also, I set the zombies to spawn only in towns which might influence it; I don't know since I haven't tested it enough].

Thanks again for the work bobtom.

CoIn running kind of fine, but, I'm having a problem with re sync it on respawned units and with salvage script.

Another problem : When other player (not server (me)) try to use the CoIn, the game "freeze" in the construction menu even after respawning.

Edited by TyXo

First off, this is a great thing you've got going here it is really fun. My friend and I have played around 8 hours now. We have kept encountering a bug where as soon as we start the escape in helicopter task the game ends. In detail:

-We select our slots (This is a listen server, not dedicated)

-We both click OK, move to the map screen

-We both click continue and the mission starts but when the little window in the upper corner states "You have escaped, but this is only the beginning." At this point the game fades to black and it says mission successful. Which kinda sucks because it is the game type we really want to try.

I hope you can fix it so we can play :)

Also, when we do the defend the base game type it spawns in the bottom-left corner of the map and it is all discombobulated and broken.

Finally, we can't figure out how to change what map the mission is on, as off now we can only use Takistan. How do we change which map it is on?

Finally, we can't figure out how to change what map the mission is on, as off now we can only use Takistan. How do we change which map it is on?

If you notice the extension of a missions-name *.pbo -is the name of the island (i.e RainingDonuts.Takistan.pbo)

For this clever mission you just have to know the exact names for islands

ArmA2 understands...so..

rename the Takistan to any other you can imagine i.e

Chernarus

**An easily way to find what the exact name is..go download any mission for your favorite

island/and see how the island its described at filename

..while you DO have the appropriate island 'running' in your shortcut :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Here is a list with bunch of the exact map names:

Takistan = .takistan
Chernarus = .chernarus
Desert = .desert_E
Utes = .utes
Zargabad = .zargabad
Shapur = .shapur_BAF

Lingor = .lingor
Isladuala = .isladuala
Panthera = .panthera2
Jade Groove = .jadegroove

Namalsk = .namalsk
Tora Bora = .torabora
Isla mana = .plr_mana 
Isola di caparia = .capraia
Fallujah = .fallujah
Celle = .celle
Moon base Testing Grounds = .mgb_testfield
Quesh Kibrul = .queshkibrul
Qom Province = .tup_qom
Podagorsk = .fdf_isle1_a_c

I made this a while back, so not all of it may be correct.

First off, this is a great thing you've got going here it is really fun. My friend and I have played around 8 hours now. We have kept encountering a bug where as soon as we start the escape in helicopter task the game ends. In detail:

-We select our slots (This is a listen server, not dedicated)

-We both click OK, move to the map screen

-We both click continue and the mission starts but when the little window in the upper corner states "You have escaped, but this is only the beginning." At this point the game fades to black and it says mission successful. Which kinda sucks because it is the game type we really want to try.

Are you using the latest hotfix version? It still says .85, but it fixes that very bug.

Edited by bobtom

Hey bobtom.

There are 1-2 things i would like very much to see implemented. (*esp. the 1st!)

1st

I would LOVE to see a parameter that lets you 'tweak' simultaneous

a)Probability+Numbers of "Z's" in towns

AND

b)Probability+Numbers of "Z's" in countryside

2nd

It will be nice to see the "make campfire" action on player

(and i will not talk about eat-drink system yet..) :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

I have been playing this recently and it is very fun! Great job bobtom!

Here is a list with bunch of the exact map names:

Takistan = .takistan
Chernarus = .chernarus
Desert = .desert_E
Utes = .utes
Zargabad = .zargabad
Shapur = .shapur_BAF

Lingor = .lingor
Isladuala = .isladuala
Panthera = .panthera2
Jade Groove = .jadegroove

Namalsk = .namalsk
Tora Bora = .torabora
Isla mana = .plr_mana 
Isola di caparia = .capraia
Fallujah = .fallujah
Celle = .celle
Moon base Testing Grounds = .mgb_testfield
Quesh Kibrul = .queshkibrul
Qom Province = .tup_qom
Podagorsk = .fdf_isle1_a_c

I made this a while back, so not all of it may be correct.

Are you using the latest hotfix version? It still says .85, but it fixes that very bug.

I download all links of .85 from this forum and armaholic and try them but I also always encounter this bug that after entering the escape in helicopter mode for a minute the mission ends successfully.

If the last version is zipped at 20:23 of 1/8/2012?

or if the bug is related with me hosting to play alone?

Edited by msy

Nevermind.

It is very interesting when I play the escape mode with ACE, it is normal without bug. But I'm sure with vanilla CO 1.60 after the mission begins for 1 minute, the mission ends.

Alright, I'll take a look at this. And yeah the hotfix PBO was PBOd on January.

And that ACE thing is giving me a big ? But I'll look at it tonight also.

Bobtom, can you tell me how to enable save in lan (playing with my friends) and how to enable the ace's backpack ? .

Ok. First of all I burned my hand pretty bad today so I couldn't work on it at all until now.

If you do not use CBA the helicopter will never spawn, thus making the mission think that the players have flown the helicopter away.

More info and updates on this Here.

Bobtom, can you tell me how to enable save in lan (playing with my friends) and how to enable the ace's backpack ? .
Saving is currently disabled, but its been added for the next version.

Backpacks in ACE are also disabled so you don't have to deal with the stamina system, its part of celery's scripts from his missions. I can make it a parameter to have it enabled or not, though.

a)Probability+Numbers of "Z's" in towns

AND

b)Probability+Numbers of "Z's" in countryside

2nd

It will be nice to see the "make campfire" action on player

Both being added to DevHeaven now.

Edited by bobtom

If you do not use CBA the helicopter will never spawn, thus making the mission think that the players have flown the helicopter away.

Ahah, no wonder why we've never been able to find it! But, why rely on CBA? Is it possible to make it work without CBA?

Ahah, no wonder why we've never been able to find it! But, why rely on CBA? Is it possible to make it work without CBA?

I had no idea this was the reason, I'm not even sure how CBA is affecting it yet, I'll look into it tomorrow. The only reason I was running CBA was to run Lost key.

My goal is to rely on no addons whatsoever, including CBA.

However I have plans for an ACE version. (And maybe a Cold War Rearmed version, cause I love it)

My goal is to rely on no addons whatsoever, including CBA.
Yippie! :yay: I really enjoy playing this mission. It actually reminds me of "Quarantine" from ArmA 1. Keep up the good work!

Would it be possible to make "Safe Zones" where zombies would not spawn at all? Allow other users to create bases, etc.

In most of the games that I've been playing, we use the Mosque as our main HQ. From there we send out people to find vehicles, weapons, and ammunition.

Edited by Nicholas

Thanks bobtom, I founded it \zombie_scripts\init.sqf line 159 :yay:

Keep the good work =D

Yippie! :yay: I really enjoy playing this mission. It actually reminds me of "Quarantine" from ArmA 1. Keep up the good work!

Would it be possible to make "Safe Zones" where zombies would not spawn at all? Allow other users to create bases, etc.

In most of the games that I've been playing, we use the Mosque as our main HQ. From there we send out people to find vehicles, weapons, and ammunition.

I love Quarantine, it was one of my favorite missions from ArmA 1, I want to add an option for a currency system like that mission had, because that was my favorite part.

I'm not sure how zombies will react from things created ingame. The zombies don't run through walls in the base from the base defense task, but I've seen them run right through things when using MGB Creationism. But I don't know how they will react if I use the COIN module.

So I'll need to test some things, but it sounds like a great idea.

EDIT:

I found the issue with the chopper, the Functions module does not initialize in time for the tasks script, so the random function won't work. I've fixed it now.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27871

Edited by bobtom

I love Quarantine, it was one of my favorite missions from ArmA 1, I want to add an option for a currency system like that mission had, because that was my favorite part.

I'm not sure how zombies will react from things created ingame. The zombies don't run through walls in the base from the base defense task, but I've seen them run right through things when using MGB Creationism. But I don't know how they will react if I use the COIN module.

So I'll need to test some things, but it sounds like a great idea.

EDIT:

I found the issue with the chopper, the Functions module does not initialize in time for the tasks script, so the random function won't work. I've fixed it now.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27871

They don't pass through the things created in game. I'm using CoIn Module and its working fine. If you want "my" mission, I can pm you. :yay:

They don't pass through the things created in game. I'm using CoIn Module and its working fine. If you want "my" mission, I can pm you. :yay:

No thanks, I already added it, along with respawn. :)

Some about escape task:

I want to make sure if there is each one helicopter and its location for each player due to one guy said he has a different waypoint from me. Or if there is one helicopter for each side?

And if there are other's helicopter but I have found not around my waypoint, then can I fly by it to the safety and then end the mission?

Finally, where is the safety for the task? Is it just out of the edge of the vegetative map or a specified position which is pointed in the dialog after you take on the helicopter? If I don't catch up with the dialog, how can I finish the mission?

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

And one more question:

can there be a option for players spawn together? When players are little in a task, they can do coop more easily instead of being killed one by one.