Sign in to follow this  
Ebidia

Why is there no Landing order for Air Units?

There has to be a sensible reason for this as it's been an infuriating omission from OFP to A2 and onwards can anyone shed any light on this please?

Search has come up with nothing, which is weird as i'd of thought it was a big wonder.

he means, giving an ai unit in your group to land, the only way you can do this currently is to order the pilot to disembark

Oh, I thought he wanted C130s to land before A10s before F-35s or something pedantic like that.

Command rather than an order lets say ( sorry for confusion), i'm just puzzled by the fact it has not been added by Bis after all this time, it's probably just the way i like to play in Warfare Sp and the Editor, i guess it's a mute point for MP but still a puzzle for Sp.

The AI on my team fly the heli like a drunk pilot. I was taking out tanks with an Apache hovering just above the mountain line and my AI polite crashes into to the top of me killing us both and destroying both units. WTF! lol

he means, giving an ai unit in your group to land, the only way you can do this currently is to order the pilot to disembark

The devil is usually in the detail and i haven't quite figured out all the details yet but

You can get the pilot to land i.e

flyInHeight 0

You can get him to cut his engines i.e

driver (heliOne) action ["engineOff",heliOne];

i'm far to timid a scripter to explore much further with the nagging doubt of success hanging over me:( so can i ask is there an obvious reason why i couldn't get my own Land command to work in the editor given a bit of research? Maybe even tie it in with the position of a landing pad?

They will also extract when you give a board command, but if you give the command to your squad and they board before you the pilot will take off without you!? You then need to tell the pilot too do the disembark routine, I think I hear the enemy AI laughing about then.

No land command is indeed infuriating!

They will also extract when you give a board command, but if you give the command to your squad and they board before you the pilot will take off without you!? You then need to tell the pilot too do the disembark routine, I think I hear the enemy AI laughing about then.

No land command is indeed infuriating!

True, this has been wanted and asked since OFP. Strange it still isn't included.

Landing orders can be included in radio triggers in your custom missions.

For a precise landing point use one or more invisible H pads

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/land

Too (unnecessarily) hard, that requires that the landing will only happen on those invisible H pads and not allow for any dynamics, change of frontline or what ever.... there are numerous scripts (2 i know of) that allow for simple helo insertion/extraction.

If its too much work to add the command to a pilot in your group then fair enough, so be it... i can forgive just about all Armas minor flaws, but not being able to control a helo 100% sticks out like dogs balls and a little bit unforgivable in a game of this caliber?

Id love to know why it was'nt added? must be a good reason!