Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

[SP]Putthefireout2

Hello,

I have made some updates to the previous download

i now placed two missions , one is improved put the fireout and now there is a new mission where you can pick up logs .

they are all simple but i hope some will enjoy getting used to flight with them and maybe expand using the addons .

media

fo2j.jpg

inside woodandtrees .7z you can find :

2 x mission 1 putthefireout2 and woodcutter

1x watermisc ( bucket and some pool of water

1 x thromp_tree ( includes a tree and a firestarter module and a module to start bare tree field)

1 x Thromp_hsim_terrain ( very basic but good fps ;) )

place missions in mydocs\toh(or toh other) profiles\missions

place addons in any @ folder of your choosing and start with usual -mod parameter to suite

Overview put fire out

a module called bob has been placed , this will create some trees in the area which will catch fire

your aim is to dip the bucket and douse fire with water , it will need a few trips, pls dip bucket below water to refill .

Overview Woodcutter

simply approach log and close the Hook , fly to anywhere and release , i hope to make a train or truck this weekend so it can drive of when full :).

media

-2U4cf4hprM

have fun

Link is at the end of the spoiler pls read and understand before DL:

New download at the bottom of spoiler, it includes all required addon in case you didnt get them last time

By downloading this 7zip and extracting you agree to abide by the following :

ArmA - Sample Models

====================

Copyright © 2008 Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictely prohibited.

For more information about ArmA addons modelling visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modelling

This archive contains sample models, configs and model configs to be used in BI Editing Tools to create custom models for ArmA.

To distribute or modify or use the ArmA Sample Models in any way, you must agree to the following license:

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

2) You acknowledge and agree that you will not commercially exploit any game content you may created using the models without Bohemia Interactive prior written permission.

3) Bohemia Interactive doesn't give you permission to exploit ArmA Sample Models in any other way, especially not to convert them for use in any other game or engine than ArmA or its sequels and expansion.

4) If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

Contents

========

les_dub.p3d

textures to suite

rvmats (modified pathed to suite)

NEW VERSION WITH new Mission 15/12/10

Link to downlaod 7days its good for

http://www.mediafire.com/?5s19xygza2ad725

thankyou , i will update ,sorry for brief descript, but what good is it on my pc when i dont know if you can have fun before ireturn ;)

pls feel free to make missions adapt mission and release as you please but obey addon rules ;).

Edited by Thromp

The duration of water falling out of the bucket seems long. I can 'drive around' and put multiple fires out during that time.

I filled the bucket, landed the helicopter, got out, and I am able to trigger "drop water" repeatably.

At least when you are done fighting fires you can take a shower. :D

wmplayer201112142308503.th.png wmplayer201112142308477.th.png wmplayer201112142308570.th.png

Haha ,

A nice bonus for a hard work :).

I will fix this problem because i was let out of the Asylum early :)

To Do :

1 :

remove geometry when door is open and water escapes , so weight is reflected ,at this point im not sure if mass of model is calculated or its only setcargomass that will do it only, i guess scripted gradual mass is more realistic for pilot to compensate but hmm , i prefer simple life :)

2:

other delivery such as Hay to cows and Bricks to building site and Logs to Train or trucks for transport .

3:

video screen to show bucket for people who play 1st person only

4 :

If possible i look into better attach ,because at moment its in center and tips over , i wish to have better attach

5:

Community ideas where possible

well i made some progress on my List

First post Updated

Edited by Thromp

Cool stuff Thromp! Once you are happy with the gameplay, you could also consider making this into a suite of scripted waypoints. That way people using your add-on can quickly make their own fire fighting scenarios. Not sure these waypoints are documented yet though :rolleyes:

Thanks for advice DnA ,

i think i saw something about it in the video on Facebook.

My intention now is just to release as a workflow because i may be gone for weeks at a time and this give others to play and mess whilst im gone something like a Live R&D i wish i had at my work not just play :).

Small update i made a tow-able trailer so when 8 * Logs are placed to it it will go.

soo much fun for so little effort i really like this game.

i will update download later today , just some problem with hook spin on end of rope.

j89eQtgw-DI

place a folder in your root call it @mycustom inside it place a folder and name it addons .

inside this folder put .pbo from download

then right click the shortcut to TOH on desktop and click properities then add -mod=@mycustom

example

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -nosplash -mod=@mycustom

this is for none steam , not sure how steam works sorry

place a folder in your root call it @mycustom inside it place a folder and name it addons .

inside this folder put .pbo from download

then right click the shortcut to TOH on desktop and click properities then add -mod=@mycustom

example

this is for none steam , not sure how steam works sorry

Steam is actually the same, only:

(and excuse me if the english naming is off i got dutch here) But instead of clicking on the shortcut rightclick on TOH in the game menu in steam. Then go to properities and the start options (here the dutch fails) . Bascially here you can give custom command like loading mods

Little screen in dutch but atleast you see a bit what i mean

steamc.th.jpg

P.S i forgot . You can also get Six Updater and then run it without the steam GUI this way you can load unlimited MODS because the extra commandline is a bit short (or I load to many in ARMA II)

Edited by Faye

I have cleaned up and placed mission on Seattle .

I had an Hour free so i cleaned it all up ,

now mission at seattle

I have made it easier for you to set up new missions , simply move or put more of the firebase objects around trees.

If the fires are going out to quickly change this line in barrel1.sqs

?( pos select 2) < 5 : objec = nearestObjects [pos ,[],30]

to

?( pos select 2) < 5 : objec = nearestObjects [pos ,[],5]

or alternatively if to slow change this

{damnow = getdammage _x ;_x setdammage Damnow -0.001} foreach objec

to

{damnow = getdammage _x ;_x setdammage Damnow -0.01} foreach objec

Here is new mission and New PBO

http://www.filedropper.com/watered-10-12

Change log

Bucket now starts full

Action added to release water , this will dissapear on activation and appear once bucket is dipped in Sea

New empty class of Fire_base added to place near trees (no model will appear) to start fire simply add this setdamage 1 in the init line.

Todo

Ensure only Fire_base is healed

make array of trees so random fires can be automaticly started

Make actual helicopter with PIP screen showing bucket for 1st person users.

Any suggestions that may be fedback :)

Edited by Thromp

Thanks Thromp

having trouble with the download can't seem to find the file

Rhys

It's in the box on left of the page , under the URL and embed links says download this file .

Thanks Thromp

Great work thank you very very much for the update its much appreciated. How would I go about setting up a mission so the bucket is already at the fire scene and I fly in and pick it up to start?

Rhys

here is update mate

now if you hover near 8mthen bucketattached

look in pickup.sqf new script this line here , change that 8 if you want it to be more closer ;).

this is hard with keyboard haha :).

waitUntil { (bob distance pete ) < 8};

http://www.filedropper.com/wateredunitedstatesh_1

Edited by Thromp

Thanks Thromp

Great work thank you very much for sorting this out. I am new to take on helicopters and there is much to learn when it comes to the editor

I should be able to create a new mission from scratch and place the objects on the map and start from the Larkin base? I wont to remove the cockpit doors and the passenger

Once again thank you for the update its great

Cheers

Rhys

Yeah just move that H and the bucket will appear on it wherever it is ,

For removing doors , look in editing section someone wrote the possible seat door removal I think , might just be seats tho and cameras etc .

this animate ["addDoors", 0];

Here is the thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127119-Doors-Off

Glad ya enjoying it , lemme know if ya have other ideas

Edited by Thromp

Hey Sven ,

you know BIS released along time ago the model for AH-1Z ?

maybe we could get that in TOH with good knowledge from that Mlod and the Mlod of TOH Example if you want to make it , i can Help :)

These guys already on it: Community Helicopter Initiative( CHI ).

Sadly, I am starting to become reluctant on wasting my time here though... I have had a post about the UAV and its logic for three days now. Since my post, DnA( TKOH Project Lead ) has posted 3 times to a Noisecontrollers post about his method of flying a Time Trial, but hasn't even acknowledged my post; No one has.

The support in the TKOH community is NIL. And it is a bit frustrating. As of this post there are over 400 people browsing the ArmA 2 forums, over 50 in the ArmA Development section.

The most I have seen here is 15.

I have been trying to get people into my server to test my MP mission, but NO ONE has come in... The 2 or 3 people that have tried, keep getting booted for not having Arma 2 Free or higher...

Unfortunately, I feel I have wasted $50.00 USD for TKOH, $17.00 USD for TKO Hinds, and I don't think my interest is going to continue here...

haha ,

dont be so quick :0 i once thought that about a game called OFP about 11 years ago ;).

this game can be any game you wish it to be , just takes time and effort , like some famous food company say , Have it your way ;).

I see DNA reply but i think right now they have 2 missing in greece/ release of Gaea/ Arma3 alpha / and of course us in here , me you and nosecone lol .

That initiative is good , but its no good , because you need refference points for the icons / you need individuall blades for the torque animations and such other things that you cannot achieve without MLOD helicopter .

i am saying we can make a propper AH 1z with all features not simply an XML file.

what is this UAV problem ? i can help i have some experience in everything BIS games ;).

Here is the UAV post: UAV - Module, Scripts, Assets, Functions - Not Working

It is frustrating to see a Developer answer a thread that praises his name in the title, but have my thread answered. Not 1 time, but three times over 3 days. My question doesn't involve a lot; just a confirmation - Works, or Doesn't Work. I am trying to add to this relatively dead portion of the BIS community, and I am frustrated. I can't post in the ArmA section because I will be yelled; and besides they don't have TKOH, so how would they know if it does or doesn't work.

Now, you had me at AH-1Z - LOL!

Where can I find this model? I have started to work on a true Bell 205( aka - UH-1B/C Huey ), single engine, Utility/Gunship( Vietnam Style ), in 3DS Max. Here are the 3 Views I am using:

belluh1n_3v_thumb.jpg UH-1Cdimensions_thumb.jpg

I will take a look at the Viper and see what I can do... Is it a .P3D file type?

Edited by Sven2157

firstly , lets presume he is absolutely busy and fot PM from his name being in thread ;) , either way hes good chap so far , so lets air on side of hey hes busy as fook and he will be around :).

second UAV manager thing is fooked, i believe it must be Synchronisation not same in TOH Engine or something, i will have a look propper

third :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2804&highlight=ARMA%2BSAMPLE%2BMODELS

In there is Mlod p3d of everything AH 1Z from arma 1, however we can link to new AH 1z without touching any files, to newer textures .

look in Air and open with oxygen .

http://tinypic.com/r/20h3f4y/6

for that model you ask, i dont know exactly Helis ;), but goto arma2 thread and ask Unsung mod if you can have use of theres under lisence for TOH , im sure they oblige.

Edited by Thromp

firstly , lets presume he is absolutely busy and fot PM from his name being in thread ;) , either way hes good chap so far , so lets air on side of hey hes busy as fook and he will be around :).

Please don't put words in my mouth, or misunderstand me. I didn't say he was a bad guy, I just said that I was frustrated because after I posted my UAV question, he has since been on 3 times discussing how he flies particular Time Trials. Anyway, enough about that...

second UAV manager thing is fooked, i believe it must be Synchronisation not same in TOH Engine or something, i will have a look propper

Thank you for the confirmation. That was all I was looking for. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something I was doing...

third :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2804&highlight=ARMA%2BSAMPLE%2BMODELS

In there is Mlod p3d of everything AH 1Z from arma 1, however we can link to new AH 1z without touching any files, to newer textures .

look in Air and open with oxygen .

Not sure what you mean by this? :confused: They never updated the model for ArmA 2? Textures are the easy part. Adding the TKOH Flight Model and attach points is what is going to be challenging...

I will have a look...

I dont know if they did much because i never flew it , however , i can tell you ,we cant release arma 1 textures with it , so we need to repath to a2 textures , which is easy , if there all still relevant and uv mapped same.

second

the points will be much easier to achieve because we have a template

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130480-Take-On-Samples

Finally , about bad chap thing, i think thats double negative misunderstanding so yes we leave it ;).