Welcome to the Community in Command forum thread!

communityincommand5.png

In the upcoming weeks, we're putting you in Command of our Facebook Wednesdays. As such, we'll try to address the questions you might have, feature extraordinary forum/community activities, or let you battle over statements/polls/screenshots.

So if there's anything you'd like answered or featured, please let us know in this thread and we'll do our best to respond!

Edited by Korneel

How is the plans/status of MP?

How is the plans/status of MP?

^^ This. :)

Also, is there any more information on the moddability of the game?

Will the MP feature 2 commanders and the remaining slot filled with either AIs or other players? That should be a pretty good solution.

If/when any future add-ons/expansions are made, will they include even more islands with new terrains?

Screenshots show infantry. Will there be infantry in the game (apart from the commander), not just vehicles?

Screenshots show infantry. Will there be infantry in the game (apart from the commander), not just vehicles?

+1. I saw very early footage with infantry, nothing since.

+1.Could we leave the comfy carrier chair and walk around the island as infantry?Or those humanoid bots?

Another question,if the game will have an editor could we make missions where we can command more than 4 Mantas and 4 Walruses??

From different thread...

We know that Carrier Command is not powered by RV engine. So that's make a lot of questions about sandbox of this game.

So..

Will the game have mission editor included?

Will be the editor similiar to Arma games editor?

Will it have SQS, SQF scripts support?

Do you plan to release a demo of the game?

Could you give some details on the graphics engine developed for Carrier Command?

Will CC include realistic physics simulation like Arma3 is going to do?

Will one be able to walk around the carrier and interact with the crew, just like one can do in the Silent Hunter series?

Will this game have old school cheats like in some other computer games where you could, for example press "ctrl x" to bring up a console and type in a code such as "you don't deserve it"?

Wow thanks for the reply Bohemia :cool:

Edited by xcal13

Will this game have old school cheats like in some other computer games where you could, for example press "ctrl x" to bring up a console and type in a code such as "you don't deserve it"?

Yes of course, press Alt+F4 for nuclear-bomb ;)

Yes of course, press Alt+F4 for nuclear-bomb ;)

+1 :cool:

Are you considering dropping the silly linear approach and revive the great strategic experience from the original Carrier Command instead?

Are you considering dropping the silly linear approach and revive the great strategic experience from the original Carrier Command instead?

All the details that they have posted about the game say that it is going to have both (I share your distaste for "linear" campaigns), the alternative to the campaign has been described as akin to the Action/Strategic mode in the original, I believe that you can choose details like tech level and number of islands that are already occupied.. From my understanding that is also the mode (allbeit in a cut-down version) that will be available in the beta. Guess we will find out more on Friday !!

G

Unlike most (all?) attempts to follow up on the original Carrier Command, our game is focused very much on the open style free form gameplay of the original. Even the story driven campaign mode, designed partially as an introduction to Carrier Command, does not limit player's freedom entirely, esp. in its later stages that are fairly similar to strategy mode in its game mechanics.

All the details that they have posted about the game say that it is going to have both (I share your distaste for "linear" campaigns), the alternative to the campaign has been described as akin to the Action/Strategic mode in the original, I believe that you can choose details like tech level and number of islands that are already occupied.. From my understanding that is also the mode (allbeit in a cut-down version) that will be available in the beta. Guess we will find out more on Friday !!

G

CONTROL in carrier command is everything.

Why is there no support for normal joypads and sticks?

Why does the key mapping not work?

Why do I have to press a key to start?

I have closely examined my PC and cannot find anything that would suggest that it is a x-box. :p

Edited by Dajunka

Yes i too would like to see joystick support and be able to map my keys,would be nice to get some trackir support but that can come later as there are more important things to fix.

Yes i too would like to see joystick support and be able to map my keys,would be nice to get some trackir support but that can come later as there are more important things to fix.

I think most of the optimizing work for CCGM was done for the xbox first. I think it's a case of waiting for them to get around to dealing with the PC version.

If somebody makes a mod for it that has zombie enemy carriers called Carrier-Z, then no problem, the work will get done as fast as lightning. :D

Edited by Dajunka

Do you have any plans to revise/modify/improve the current walrus AI/pathfinding?

- With the upcoming island editor, can users create islands that other users can import into their Strategy part of the game? Individually add/import islands?

- Will you re-post the Facebook answers here as well for us who do not have an account there?

If somebody makes a mod for it that has zombie enemy carriers called Carrier-Z, then no problem, the work will get done as fast as lightning.

Ohhh... a little bitter, aren't we?