Sign in to follow this  
Militant1006

Tactical Weapon Attachment Template

the Tactical Weapon Attachment Template (TWAT) is a script which allows a user to "attach" and "detach" attachments such as scopes and grenade launchers, aswell as silencers etc.

A quick overview is done in this video, although I obviously did a horrible job, but it took me 1-2 mins to do, which is easy

Usage

Check the attached demo mission for how it is implemented, it requires:

- the initWeapons.sqf to be initialized from the init.sqf (this is also the sqf which allows you to define which weapons can be modified

- A ammobox to be called box1 (there is a ammobox fill script in the demo mission

- It requires CBA, ACE, ACEX, and potentially ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy, possible ones for RH packs in the future (maybe, not yes)

Download

BIG CREDITS TO ROMMEL, he did the code to make this possible, without him this would not exist.

EDIT:

List of Weapons

- AK74M

- AK103

- AK104

- AK105

- AKS74P

- AS VAL

- FN FAL

- G3A3

- G36A2

- G36K

- HK416 D10

- HK416 D14

- M4

- M4A1

- M4A1 SOC

- M16A2

- M16A2 M203

- M16A4

- M27 IAR

- M240G

- M240L

- M249 Para

- Mk12 MOD0

- Mk12 MOD1

- Mk16 CQC

- MP7

- RPK74M

- UMP45

Edited by Militantsausage
Updated download link

hahaha, nice name, gonna try it out in a minute, will update.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Thanks Foxhound, appreciate it ;)

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

By the way, if anyone is experiencing problems trying to shoot the weapon after attaching something, hit crtl-F, fixes it for me.

By the way, if anyone is experiencing problems trying to shoot the weapon after attaching something, hit crtl-F, fixes it for me.

whoops, lol, never thought to try that, thanks.

Cool stuff! Would be nice to be able to carry a couple off attachments!

Yeah would sorta seem cool, I didn't allow changing anywhere just for a bit of balance, if it was possible to change scopes while under fire that would be a bit strange, but anyway, I may try and make some attachments deployable in the field sometime, like Suppressors.

Best TWAT I've seen in ages!

RE the changing attachments under fire - maybe have the script stop if nearest enemy within 300m or 500m? It's normal to change some things in the field, it would be nice to switch from scope to CQC before you move into a town or change scopes when it goes dark?

Awesome addon, totally agree Pelham.

And RH kits would make this even better.

Thanks MS

I would rather leave it as at the ammobox, or whatever is named box1, could even be a vehicle.

I have started work on an RH version, still would require ACE, but uses RH packs, and I am using the ACE configs by Robalo for development. Also in RH version you should be able to attach and detach silencers while in the field, but everything else will remain the same.

EDIT: Maybe, I could do a system where you attach and detach your optics and stuff off of a bag on the ground, like a specific backpack classname, and then use a sleep command to make it take a little time to change your weapon around.

Edited by Militantsausage

I wouldn't be able to get that working, since it uses the self interaction menu in either CBA or ACE.

We will have this on arma 3!So its up to you now to make it earlier for us!;) lol Nice mod anyway! thanks! I hope they do something like this on pr!

You need for soldier to lower his weapon before getting it up again - maybe play a reloading animation or some other way to do a "cooldown" time - to make it more realistic.

Yeah, could, wouldn't be too hard, main thing I am thinking of metalcraze is where you can change your gear other than just at one ammobox, for the moment I will finish the RH part sometime and update the ACE one so you can attach silencers anywhere, then after that I will go through and modify other things.

where I put this files?

sorry I just bought this game and I'm a little noob. I already intalled the others mods with 6th updater

anyone can help me?

thanks

where I put this files?

sorry I just bought this game and I'm a little noob. I already intalled the others mods with 6th updater

anyone can help me?

thanks

download the ZIP file, extract it and copy the entire folder to 'documents>arma 2 other profiles>YOUR USERNAME>Missions' and paste it in there, after that launch arma go Singleplayer>Editor and click load on teh right side and click the dropdown box and pick 'TWAT' then 'play mission' and finaly preview on the right side again.

many thanks buddy!!

but I dont know why the mission doesnt laucnh, it say that I dont have the file ace_asy_aitalk, ace_asy_wounder etc... but I have!! and it says that I dont have the latest version of @ACE, wich I just downloaded through Six Updater

so confusing hope someone help me =( thanks

Yeah would sorta seem cool, I didn't allow changing anywhere just for a bit of balance, if it was possible to change scopes while under fire that would be a bit strange, but anyway, I may try and make some attachments deployable in the field sometime, like Suppressors.

Please change it. If I'm in the field and use an rco scope, I need to change the scope to a cco once I enter a village.

Does this mean I can add sliencers to RPGs

Yes Ray, if you imagine hard enough, anything is possible :P

For help with installing ACE, try and go to the ACE thread under addons and mods complete, you will have far more chance getting help there than here.

Please change it. If I'm in the field and use an rco scope, I need to change the scope to a cco once I enter a village.

still, in reality you can't do it in real life, mabey removing it and using the iron sight not replacing with another sight or you would be there for 10-15 mins zeroing the sight's so you actally hit what you aim at.

but I dont know why the mission doesnt laucnh, it say that I dont have the file ace_asy_aitalk, ace_asy_wounder etc... but I have!! and it says that I dont have the latest version of @ACE, wich I just downloaded through Six Updater

so confusing hope someone help me =( thanks

check your version at the main menu, if you're using the steam version with a launcher its been causing problems with 1.60 for me at the moment too so try launching from steam and checking your ACE update in six.

EDIT: the problem i was having is i was accedently using the old (1.59 beta with the 1.60 RC2 so it might be your problem too >.<)

Edited by Scarecrow398