Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Small update: it is indeed the problem with ACE. Tried 1.13 and stuff works. Tried again the newest update and things don't work again (CSW menus, healing myself, interacting with items or equipment, etc.). Will have to go through changelog and decide whether the new stuff is worth staying with a malfunctioning product or whether the MUCH older one with plenty of stuff missing would be the way to go. Strange that no-one has even the ACE before the last update.

Major, if you have by chance an older than latest ACE2 for OA (latest is 595, I would even be happy with an r594) would you be so kind as to put it up on some file-sharing site or something? I'm sorry for bothering you with this, but I'm getting desperate.

PS: sad that every development for A2 has been aborted in favour of A3. I've been following many great mods that were suddenly abandoned because the devs decided to direct into A3 even though that game won't be as polished or good as A2 for a few years.

For all these reasons (no ACE2 support from devs, abandoned A2 mods, etc.) I'm starting to hate A3 and it's not even out yet. :(

Nop sorry I don't have any. Even If you get previous version you will be rejected from public server due to not matching version.

ArmA 3 is far more stable right now than ArmA 2 was in 2009. Also we can expect fast integration of stuff from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3 because the engine is quite similar.

I came across a instance (mission editing) where a unit had extra items in the backpack. It was not doubled, but additional pipebombs, ir strobes, smoke, m67s. This was a engineer unit, when I switched the unit to rifleman it was as should be. There where no mention of these items in the LEA scripts generated, so I guess it was being loaded after LEA? I did not have extends arma2 loadout checked.

Thought I should mention it. Let me know if you need more info.

this is great only, not for arma 3 yet, which is what i wanted to use to start coding and making missions :mad:

LEA for ArmA 3 is on the way...;)

This is great news! Any news on an Alpha release?

Thanks for informing us and yes LEA for ArmA 3 is at the moment under active development and I can guarantee it WILL comes out.

Guess I know the guys behind this Just want say to them LA COPIE NE REMPLASSERA PAS L'ORIGINAL...

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hey, just to let you know, someone created an LEA Ripoff. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22937 I don't think it can use custom mods, so it isn't useful for me. I just hope after this, you guys keep working on LEA for A3.

I just post the reply I posted on the Armaholic pages here as well cause I really do not see whats wrong with this release (or related works):

"Anyone is free to make something which already exists!

How many launchers are there? There are also different programs helping people to download addons which are used on a specific server.

How many of the same addons are there?

I really do not understand what is so wrong with the freedom of choice!

At least now we have 2 applications (as soon as Major_Shepard releases his version) to choose from to do this and in the end I am sure the best program will be used the most."

It's always funny to read such reactions...

What would say the first guy who reskin-ed OFP units ? That every reskin made since then is just a copy of his idea ?...

Major Shepard : we all loved your work on LEA and we were still using it during our last happening on Arma2 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile, I really belive that you over reacted on this topic... You saw a copy and had bad feelings where other ones just shared with the whole community what they did for their own team.

Nevermind, I really hope that your LEA for Arma3 will be as great as his old brother.

Depuis l'invasion de la Gaule par les Romains, il semblerait qu'on n'ait pas beaucoup progressé finalement...

Hey, its always good to have a choice. There are more Loutout scripts and tools now with arma3 but for me, lea is the best one. Could be a bit easier to insert custom mod stuff and less bugs with mission loadout but the rest is great. Keep the good work, with me you always will have a big fan ;)

It's always funny to read such reactions...

What would say the first guy who reskin-ed OFP units ? That every reskin made since then is just a copy of his idea ?...

Major Shepard : we all loved your work on LEA and we were still using it during our last happening on Arma2 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile, I really belive that you over reacted on this topic... You saw a copy and had bad feelings where other ones just shared with the whole community what they did for their own team.

Nevermind, I really hope that your LEA for Arma3 will be as great as his old brother.

Depuis l'invasion de la Gaule par les Romains, il semblerait qu'on n'ait pas beaucoup progressé finalement...

LEA for ArmA 3 has been announced months ago as it seems BIS is still unable to integrate that kind of stuff in his own editor.

Many teams specially french ones come to see us asking to port this tool to ArmA 3, giving some way of improvement to LEA for ArmA 2 or what cool stuff could be added.

FSF team next door as usual just sit out of the board.

Now there is no problem for one to make his own LEA like stuff variant, even just modified to fit one's need. But it would be a massive time-wasted/effort-wasted to make a full replicate that have the exact same features in it. Just to say that LEA for ArmA 2 with his capabilities (ftp client, mission parser, config parser etc) stands for 25000 lines of code of Java language.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Keep going man! Major Shepard you are worthy of my veneration and respect, the thousands of hours you have put in will save Thousands of us tens of hours.

This kind of service to the community is priceless beyond measure, and should be rewarded somehow? C'est Exceptionnel !

Thanks guy. Now I wont call this Exceptionel compared to some addon maker and map maker out there.

Expect news about LEA for ArmA 3 in the coming weeks ;)

Hey, every time I try and Apply Loadout from in game, a box comes up stating that "Script userconfig\lea\loadout.sqf not found. First time I saw this, I did what every one should do and I looked inside my Arma 2 Folder's userconfig file (self made, because for some reason it wasn't there to begin with). And lo-and-behold, sitting right in plain view, was my loadout.sqf file. I see it right now as I type this but it still states every time I try and Apply Loadout, this box still comes up. Can you please help me? ;~;

I PM'd Shepard but thought I'd also post here in case anybody has a solution.

The latest update has completely broken LEA for me and my community, all of our loadouts, for about 95% of the missions, do not work.

Some missions work fine, while others don't work at all. In many, one unit out of 40+ will have its loadout.

It's incredibly damaging to our community, as we employ many things that rely on the loadouts.

If LEA cannot be fixed (or if a fix cannot be told to us) is there an alternative?

There have been an update for ArmA 2 lately ?

Will have a look to it then.

Yes, just yesterday. They swtiched to 1.63 nonbeta, to go with switching to Steam since Gamespy has died.

From my digging, I and my community have found that LEA works provided all slots are filled, however the moment it comes to a slot that is not filled in game (say we choose not to use a slot) that it was scripted to loadout, it stops working and any slot after the empty one will not have a loadout, while every one before it will.

From what you say I think it's the same behaviour they introduced into ArmA 3. When a slot is not used by a player or the AI is disabled, if a name is associated to this unit slot, the game generate an error because the name variable become null. So inside the loadout script, each unit must be tested like if (!isnil unitName) then {...}

So how should we tackle this? Is this something we can fix on our side, or something you can fix? Or do we have to just try and get BIS to stop breaking our game?