Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

LEA 1.4 Update 4 Build 1.4.74

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: Profiles Editor - select All/unselect All commands of profiles in a folder.

Fixed: Mission Editor - Do not Apply loadout option permanently checked with non playable and Empty unit when reloading a mission.

Modified: Performance - Faster loading of weapons and Profiles Editor.

I cannot use the LEA on my computer because the screen is too small I can access near all of the program but not the Backpack section on my profiles Help please its a nice tool but I cannot use it to full potiential.

LEA requires at least 1280*800 screen size. There is no plan for now to support lower resolution sorry.

I noticed that my medic isn't getting the full loadout I selected. :confused: The medic is missing half the m203 ammo and 3 other items grenades, smoke, battery. Also, can't select backpack, but that might be normal for medics, right?

This is with a ACR medic unit. When using US delta units, it gets full loadout.

Is there a way to get a working backpack to a medic? If not, it might be nice to block that loadout box when a medic is selected.

Edited by PlacidPaul
not resolved

Is ACR added to the addon list in LEA?
Yes, I have that working right along with faction filter, and get the CZ805 in game. Just won't give full loadout. But, i've noticed I can't add to thoughs slots in game with weapon box. Maybe it's just a ACR medic thing.

Quick Question. Is there a way to add multiple radios (the ACRE ones) to a single profile? I cant get more than one into the inventory.
Dunno 'MAG ... I normally have 343/148 ... never had a problem. Dunno what is snagging you. Edited by Tremblay

Maybe he is saying multiple radios of the same type like 2*343 or 2*148 etc...

Maybe he is saying multiple radios of the same type like 2*343 or 2*148 etc...

I can even get multiple radios of the same type no problem. So far tested with 2x148, 1x152, 1x343

Hey guys, anyone had luck on installing Vilas east weapons pack (vilas aks) in LEA? All I get is a "No file CfgWeapons.hpp found." any help?

UPDATE

well it's quite confusing, but the addon has two config.cpp files, sadly if I use one in Lea it doesn't recognize the weapon list, and if I use the other, it does but the rifles dont appear in game (they are invisible...) , both of them had to be converted to bin for it to be recognized ... anybody had better luck with it than me?

Edited by gamera3

1.First of extract the content of the addon using the Extract button of LEA Edit Panel.

2.Locate inside the extracted folder the config.cpp file and replace it by its equivalent config.bin

3. Push the Analyse button of LEA Edit panel.

You may also take care that some addon are provided with multiple config files for being compatible with some other mod. For example one config file for ACE compatibility, another one for the base game. Witch means that you must run your game with the right addon dependences.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Thank you very much for the AWESOME LEA. It speeds up gearing up at the start of the mission 10x.

Quick Question. Is there a way to add multiple radios (the ACRE ones) to a single profile? I cant get more than one into the inventory. And normaly Idlike to have 4 on me.

Any chance for that?

Best regards

Mag

I don't succeed to add multiple ACRE radios of the same kind (let say PRC148) to a unit by scripting. This is not a problem with LEA but SQF scriptiing.

I opened a post here, no response so far :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread&p=2296341&viewfull=1#post2296341

Hey Major

Thanks for your help. Looks like now I know how to install other addons, but this specific one doesnt look like it's going to work in LEA ( Vilas_aks), unless I change some core stuff in there and I dont have the skills or permission for such. The other addons install fine.

Again great stuff!

1.First of extract the content of the addon using the Extract button of LEA Edit Panel.

2.Locate inside the extracted folder the config.cpp file and replace it by its equivalent config.bin

3. Push the Analyse button of LEA Edit panel.

You may also take care that some addon are provided with multiple config files for being compatible with some other mod. For example one config file for ACE compatibility, another one for the base game. Witch means that you must run your game with the right addon dependences.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I don't succeed to add multiple ACRE radios of the same kind (let say PRC148) to a unit by scripting. This is not a problem with LEA but SQF scriptiing.

I opened a post here, no response so far :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread&p=2296341&viewfull=1#post2296341

You are welcome to share your LEA addon once OK. Use the Export button and give me the lea.addon file so that I can place it into LEA Public Repository.

You are welcome to share your LEA addon once OK. Use the Export button and give me the lea.addon file so that I can place it into LEA Public Repository.

Of course Major! :cool:

right now I tried this addon HSA SLA http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5112

result: almost flawless, very smooth conversion, BUT the loadout pictures are wrong, and the ak-9 iron sight is not properly working, but the rest of the guns are working great! did I mention an AK-9????

so would you still want the file even that is not perfect yet?

I would be more than happy to help the community that made my days more enjoyable

I just test your addon. To resolve the missing picture do this:

- Remove into the Weapons Panel the entry with classname HSO_HEChargeMuzzle

- For Weapon with classnames HSO_Mauler, HSO_AKS74S use the picture AK_74.png from \resources\pictures\weapons from LEA install directory

- For Magazine HSO_762_AK, HSO_762_RPK, HSO_545_RPK, HSO_127_Mauler, HSO_12G_SaigaMag, HSO_762_AKSD use \resources\pictures\magazines\30Rnd_545x39_AK.png

You can find all the ArmA 2 weapons and magazines pictures into \resources\pictures\ LEA install directory. Just watch picture-weapon/magazine association into the CfgWeapons.cpp and CfgMagazines.cpp files.

Edited by Major_Shepard

I can even get multiple radios of the same type no problem. So far tested with 2x148, 1x152, 1x343

Sounds like you are using:

1 x PRC 148 UHF

1 x PRC 148

1 x PRC 152

1 x PRC 343

But thats not a solution, just a workarround.

Because you cant even set up a profile with more than 1 time of an Item.

Thanks Major_Shepard for trying. Could be worse.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards

Yeah there will be a LEA for ArmA3 but I can't promise anything during the Alpha stage of ArmA3. LEA for ArmA 3 will be a new build with significant GUI improvements. I'll also try to improve the Addon Editor make it more flexible and efficient.

Is there a way to create a loud out. Then get a workable initialization code that you can put into the editor? So the LEA wouldn't interact with the game, instead getting access to a code and putting it into the game manually.

I am asking because I am making custom preset load outs for a online unit and would like an easier way to make these, rather than manually :D. If not then Copy and Paste will do :)

Thanks for the update Major! Look forward to using it in A3.. We use it currently for our weekly custom community PvP missions. It makse it a breeze for those that sign up and request custom loadouts!

Good work!

Thank you for this great addon, but i have a problem. LEA cant recognise my userconfig folder. I'm using Arma 2 complete collection steam version, so i've arma 2, operation arrowhead and baf & pmc. My Operation Arrowhead installed on "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder. I have ArmA 2, CBA and java installed.

I've installed LEA any other folder to my computer, and copied @LEA folder to my Arma2 OA folder. Then, launch the software as administrator (using win 7) , everything works fine, i can create a profile, select weapons & other loadout stuff, or even can save the profile. But, when i try to apply loadout to LEA (after click Apply to @LEA button), it asks for userconfig folder (which i have already one in main arma 2 oa folder) and whatever i do, it doesn't see the folder and gives the error : "Path to userconfig folder is invalid". I'm sure i did everything right, there must be something wrong or i'm missing something. I've read a dozen instructions and they are exactly like my installation, nothing seems wrong. Folders, modfolders, files... everything in right place. But it gives the "Path to userconfig folder is invalid" error everytime when i try to apply my loadout profile to @LEA, although userconfig is already in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder.

Some important things :

* I'm using win7 and yes, i install & launch "lea" as administrator

* I've @LEA folder also in "steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder, and i've already got a userconfig folder in amra 2 oa folder

* At LEA interface, required addons section is empty (so i'm not using ACE or any other mod). They also unchecked at addon manager section

* My steam installation of Arma 2 and OA up to date, latest versions

* LEA version is also up to date version (1.4.74)

* LEA Software opens and work perfectly, i can choose weapons & other loadout stuff. PROBLEM IS when i try to apply my created new loadout profile to @LBA, i cant show my userconfig folder to LEA. It gives error : "Path to userconfig folder is invalid". And unfortunately cant create lea folder in userconfig. Also in game, "apply loadout" action is active but when i click it gives error, cause there is no config file

* I have ArmA 2, CBA and java installed

* I have also tried to install to Arma 2 folder, bu its not working either

Can someone help, please?