Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Is there a easy way to add mods to lea? I read a little bit in the wiki but this takes very long to add the weapons from e.g. BWMod. Or do i understand s.t. wrong that i need to add every weapon on my own? I dont know much about weight and so on :( I need the Panzerfaust 3 ;)

I was trying out LEA and it didn't work out. I set for a takistani to spawn with a G3 in the mission through LEA, but when i played he had his normal AK74. It says the loadout is disabled, and I don't know how to enable it.

Simple way to quickly set up a needed loadout.

1. Name the needed soldier in ArmA2's editor (it is required by LEA since it adds loadout by name)

2. Import mission.sqf of your mission into LEA

3. Find and select your soldier (it can be on player or AI list depending on what it is)

4. Add the needed loadout

5. Click generate loadout - the window will open simply use "open" button as it already points to the needed mission folder

6. Hit preview in ArmA2's editor and you will see changes

And no need to use (and force on other people) @LEA addon.

Also you can name soldiers directly in LEA but beware - you will have to reload mission in ArmA2's editor - otherwise if you will try to save it - it will save names (or lack of thereof) of soldiers that it currently has in memory.

Edited by metalcraze

Is there a easy way to add mods to lea? I read a little bit in the wiki but this takes very long to add the weapons from e.g. BWMod. Or do i understand s.t. wrong that i need to add every weapon on my own? I dont know much about weight and so on :( I need the Panzerfaust 3 ;)

Yes you have to input the informations by hands for now as it is explained in the wiki. It's not difficult but yeah that's a pain.

I am working on a parser that automatically extract the data and generate the corresponding LEA addon:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/Bazooca1/addonanalyse1.png

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/Bazooca1/addonanalyse2.png

Expected to be out on December.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Expected to be out on December.

Wow, every wish comes to with this mod ;) Thanks a lot!

Hi. Thanks for this neato toy. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to say that I used it to give my guy a backpack, and got an error message that went a little something like this;

No entry
'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.US_Backpack_EP1'

but then I went to the loadout.sqf file, and I removed it from the weapons portion, and left it alone down where it says 'addbackpack', the message went away.

_s1playerweap = [
 "M16A2",
[color="#FF0000"] "US_Backpack_EP1",[/color]  <-- 
 "M9SD",
 "Binocular",
 "ItemCompass",
 "ItemGPS",
 "ItemMap",
 "ItemRadio",
  "ItemWatch"
 ];

_s1playerammo = [
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",
 "HandGrenade_West",
 "HandGrenade_West",
 "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",
 "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",
 "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",
  "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"
 ];

s1 addBackpack "US_Backpack_EP1";
 (unitBackpack s1) addmagazineCargo ["10Rnd_762x54_SVD",2];
 (unitBackpack  s1) addweaponCargo ["SVD",1];

Granted I've never written a tool or utility in my life, so i could have imagined the whole episode. But just relaying what I think I saw.

Also, I have a PMC medic, and was messing with different loadouts, and when I wanted to clean the slate and start fresh, I hit the 'default' button, and it gave him rifle that popped up as 'ACE' required (I don't use ACE). Obviously this was easy enough to work around, just sayin' is all.

Finally, and this one is really a stretch, but for whatever reason, after LEA placed itself a line at the very top of my init file, I noticed a very long delay in the initializing of my DAC sequence. Strange, I know. And nobody else seems to have mentioned that, so I'm a bit shy about whether it's just me or not. But when I demoted that LEA line a bit lower down in my init file, LEA still worked, and my DAC resumed it's normal quickload. But again, I am completely not understanding proper init layout/formatting, so maybe it's just me, but I figured what the heck, might as well mention it.

Thanks again for a great utility. I plan on using it from now on. Very kind of you to share.

Indeed you should not have "US_Backpack_EP1" into _s1playerweap array.

It appears to be a bug for non ACE users.

Will be fixed for next release. => https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63544

Also be aware that ArmA 2 units and addon unit base on it do not support OA backpack, that's why everyone use ACE.

Could you sent me your mission for me to see what the init.sqf file is about.

Thanks for your report ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

Any chance we could get the ACE thermal soflam in LEA? Could really use that in a few of my kits.

Also, the ACE ladder could be useful too.

ACE_TacticalLadder_Pack

I finally tried this, and it's great! I procrastinate on finishing loadouts, and this makes it fun.

Two Questions...

Is it necessary to keep the " sleep 10; " in the loadout-init.sqf ? I assume it's just for player notification.

Also, I'm getting double items in backpack. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks for all your work

Any chance we could get the ACE thermal soflam in LEA? Could really use that in a few of my kits.

Also, the ACE ladder could be useful too.

ACE_TacticalLadder_Pack

Try this in LEA:

Help menu -> Install new Addons -> Repository -> ACE Dev

then Help -> Manage Addons -> select ACE Dev ;)

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I finally tried this, and it's great! I procrastinate on finishing loadouts, and this makes it fun.

Two Questions...

Is it necessary to keep the " sleep 10; " in the loadout-init.sqf ? I assume it's just for player notification.

Also, I'm getting double items in backpack. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks for all your work

Yes you can remove the "loadout done" info if you like.

Do you use ACE or not? Could you send me your mission? (Mission menu => make pbo)

Thanks ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

Do you use ACE or not? Could you send me your mission? (Mission menu => make pbo)
Yes, I am using ACE.

I'll send you the ingredients for my Double Baked Backpacks, and since it's my mission it will even has Cheese. :p Waka...Waka..

Hey major, I'm trying to add the new FHQ pack and when I select ok it starts to show the bar and then a box pops up that says "Failed to write addon" Any Idea why it does that? If you need me to post screenshots let me know, I'll get to it tonight.

ok I have identified the bug. I am doing a lot of addition into the Addon Editor for next v1.4 witch has caused this regression.:p

Fixed for next release. => https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lea/issues

I can give you access to a beta in case your are in a hurry ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

No rush, The weapons pack is still in "Pre release" condition so I will wait on it. Keep up the work then, I can't wait for the changes.

Yes, I am using ACE.

I'll send you the ingredients for my Double Baked Backpacks, and since it's my mission it will even has Cheese. :p Waka...Waka..

What you sent to me doesn't help. I need your mission not the pbo of @LEA :confused:

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yes you can remove the "loadout done" info if you like.

Another note on this, it will actually suspend the rest of the execution of init.sqf since it sleeps

You could change it to

true spawn 
{
 hintSilent "Loadout - done";
 sleep 10;
 hintSilent "";
};

Really good add-on and program! I like to use it for playing online so I only have to press 1 button to gear up. Though I would like to see a small interface in-game to switch between profiles in the future.. and is there any way to program it so it can only be used, for example, everytime you walk near the ammo stock at your base, not only after you respawned?

-Thomas. :)

Really good add-on and program! I like to use it for playing online so I only have to press 1 button to gear up. Though I would like to see a small interface in-game to switch between profiles in the future.. and is there any way to program it so it can only be used, for example, everytime you walk near the ammo stock at your base, not only after you respawned?

To switch between profiles in-game, double click each profile in the loadout editor and apply as normal. Your loadouts should look like this. Use the in-game action menu as normal and the dialog to switch should appear.

Thank you!! didn't know this. sorry for the inconvenience, I should've tried that before posting it here.

and is there any way to program it so it can only be used, for example, everytime you walk near the ammo stock at your base, not only after you respawned?

It is let to mission maker.

There is a script call "apply_loadout.sqf" inside LEA/script installation folder that can be use to give player the "Apply loadout" in front crate, vehicle or whatever.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Thank you!! didn't know this. sorry for the inconvenience, I should've tried that before posting it here.

you are wellcome ;)

LEA 1.4 Build 1.4.67

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: Addon Editor - new built-in parser of ArmA 2 addons config files for fast incorporation of addons into LEA (see the Wiki Addon section).

Added: the following addons for LEA are now available into the public repository: ADO Armes, Christian1987 MP7, McNools White/Greys weapons Waterhiro Type89

Fixed: Addon Editor - writing error message.

Fixed: OA Vanilla - in game script error message with rucksack.

Edited by Major_Shepard

It would be good if you changed the "don't script loadout" ticker's behavior.

Instead of greying out "Apply Profile" button you should leave it active and when the loadout is applied - automatically untick "don't script..."

Because right now when there are a lot of soldiers you have to untick and then apply profile to each one which gets tedious since you perform twice as many repetitive actions.

Is there any chance of the addon editor being able to pass config.cpp instead of only CFGWeapons.hpp etc? I use a lot of addons that have all their weapons inside the config file