Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

Would it be possible to make the "default" button not overwrite the units current weapons/magazines etc? Maybe just replace the tertiary slots? Also would be great if we could add more items to the default button aswell. Maybe just a line where you can enter the name of the item, separated by semi-colon or something :).

There also seems to be some problem with detecting the right side of the unit, if its leader is another side.

For example; this http://pastebin.com/TsV78vx4

Shows up like this:

QVuDu.png

Notice that both the group leaders are EAST but the 2nd group is one the civilian side.

Edited by cuel

Would it be possible to make the "default" button not overwrite the units current weapons/magazines etc? Maybe just replace the tertiary slots? Also would be great if we could add more items to the default button aswell. Maybe just a line where you can enter the name of the item, separated by semi-colon or something :).

Pushing the Default button gives the units ArmA 2 default loadout. It only works with ArmA2/OA/ACE (most of) units.

I think adding a warning message about overwrite would be better since user would failed into weapon/ammo not matching do to partial loadout replacement.

I could add also the ability to input classnames for missing stuff but user won't be able to visualize them into loadout anyway do to missing image files.

There also seems to be some problem with detecting the right side of the unit, if its leader is another side.

For example; this http://pastebin.com/TsV78vx4

Shows up like this:

http://i.imgur.com/QVuDu.png

Notice that both the group leaders are EAST but the 2nd group is one the civilian side.

could send me the mission please (in LEA Mission Menu -> make pbo).

Pushing the Default button gives the units ArmA 2 default loadout. It only works with ArmA2/OA/ACE (most of) units.

I think adding a warning message about overwrite would be better since user would failed into weapon/ammo not matching do to partial loadout replacement.

I could add also the ability to input classnames for missing stuff but user won't be able to visualize them into loadout anyway do to missing image files.

could send me the mission please (in LEA Mission Menu -> make pbo).

Oh? I thought it gave the units the stuff that you can enter in Mission -> Preferences

Certainly. Here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14106901/lea_unittest.utes.rar

As you can see, both groups should be BLUFOR but it only detecs the first one.

WIP - LEA v1.4

LEA v1.4 is in the way with automatic extraction of data from addon pbos and generation of corresponding LEA Addon:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/Bazooca1/addonanalyse1.png

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/Bazooca1/addonanalyse2.png

Edited by Major_Shepard

I appear to be having an issue with LEA and ACE, if I place items into a rucksack they are unable to be removed (pressing unpack causes them to vanish from the world). Is this an ACE issue or an issue caused by the latest version of ACE when used with LEA?

No break observed with ACE 1.13.

Will try to push a new release of LEA tomorrow ;)

Sounds Great, one thing tho, missions that been already configured with LEA for the Units profiles, will it be able to open the old scripts and update the loadout scripts, or will the mission need to be reconfigured from scratch? (From a loadout point of view)

Edit: just noticed this Ticket, Very nice feature!

Edited by rhyswilliams999
Additional opinion on latest features shown on Dev-Haven

There is no problem with LEA for reading mission/profile.

You will just need to regenerate the script to be ACE 1.14 compliant.

Thank you! It has been a minor nuisance.

So once the update is out will I just have to regenerate the scripts and the problem will be gone?

Would it be possible to make the "apply loadout" scroll-down window a bit larger? It's really small and I have a lot of profiles. Or even better, the ability to copy-paste a loadout from one unit to another unit by dragging on the left side of the screen :)

And I can't seem to find the ACE parachute ruck in the ruck screen?

Would it be possible to make the "apply loadout" scroll-down window a bit larger? It's really small and I have a lot of profiles. Or even better, the ability to copy-paste a loadout from one unit to another unit by dragging on the left side of the screen :)

You are talking about the GUI of @LEA in ArmA 2 right? Don't know about drag and drop in ArmA 2 :/

And I can't seem to find the ACE parachute ruck in the ruck screen?

It is in the Launcher list (MC-5 parachute) this is because ACE Parachute is type Launcher in the game and not type ruck ^^

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

LEA 1.3 Update 9 Build 1.3.65

--- Downloads ---

=> Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: Make crate script: user can now set the time for refill.

Added: support for changes introduced by ACE 1.14 Dev with rucksacks and items management.

Fixed: Single player - double initialization of player loadout.

Fixed: Mission Editor - wrong group side when a group is made of units of a different side.

Nice update. Yes, perhaps holding one unit in the left side of the GUI in LEA and dropping it on another unit would copy-paste the loadout? :) With a confirmation so one doesn't accidentally do it. I don't know about other people who uses LEA but personally I do several squads and some of them do have the same loadout, it would save a lot of time instead of creating several new profiles just for that specific mission.

Thanks very much for the update. I am very glad you were able to improve the ACE compatibility.

Am I going mad or are the ACE mine markers not in the list? The actual post is but the thing that is placed onto it (either an arrow or a warning sign) don't seem to be in the list.

Help -> Install new Addons -> Repository -> ACE Dev

then Help -> Manage Addons -> select ACE Dev

Mine marker item should appear in the Item list.

Just tried out this mod/utility. Great stuff. Going to save tons of time loading up at mission start!!!

I was trying out LEA and it didn't work out. I set for a takistani to spawn with a G3 in the mission through LEA, but when i played he had his normal AK74. It says the loadout is disabled, and I don't know how to enable it.

Edited by USMC Soldier