Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

-Psycho-;2072052']Nice work and realy useful!

It is possible to add the CWR² weapons too?

Keep up the good work :)

In LEA 2.0 you will be able to directly import data of a pbo addon into LEA database. For the time being, if you want it "rapidly" I need you to compile the data of the addon (classname,displayname etc) into an Excel sheet (.xls/.xlsx). If you are ok, I give you a Excel template for this.

ArmA2 crashes with a mission edited in LEA

The message is "File *path* , line 55: /Mission/Groups/Item0/Vehicles.text: Member already defined."

Possible cause - this was my default loadout mission thus filled inits of units. All I did is created loadouts in LEA (well and profiles out of them too but I doubt that affects the mission in any way).

LEA also doesn't seem to support loading existing loadouts from unit inits.

In case you consider this a bug that needs fixing here's the mission if it can be of any use:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1667163551/FT_Loadout.Desert_E.7z

ArmA2 crashes with a mission edited in LEA

The message is "File *path* , line 55: /Mission/Groups/Item0/Vehicles.text: Member already defined."

Possible cause - this was my default loadout mission thus filled inits of units. All I did is created loadouts in LEA (well and profiles out of them too but I doubt that affects the mission in any way).

LEA also doesn't seem to support loading existing loadouts from unit inits.

In case you consider this a bug that needs fixing here's the mission if it can be of any use:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1667163551/FT_Loadout.Desert_E.7z

Thanks for posting.

To rollback your mission, open the mission folder, you will find a "mission.sqm.bck0". So delete the mission.sqm file and rename "mission.sqm.bck0" to "mission.sqm".

The problem come from a wrong rewrite of mission.sqm during the reassignment operation you may have done.

You right LEA does not read INIT line of mission.sqm file.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yeah I've noticed that it creates backups - sweet.

Also is it possible to setup the default mission folder so when you click Import mission.sqm you'll start in it right away instead of browsing there every time?

For the time being do assignement into ArmA 2 Editor, save the mission then import the mission into LEA.

I'll fix the problem I soon as possible and you get it through LEA Updater (no re-download needed).

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Also is it possible to setup the default mission folder so when you click Import mission.sqm you'll start in it right away instead of browsing there every time?

Of course could be done.

In LEA 2.0 you will be able to directly import data of a pbo addon into LEA database. For the time being, if you want it "rapidly" I need you to compile the data of the addon (classname,displayname etc) into an Excel sheet (.xls/.xlsx). If you are ok, I give you a Excel template for this.

Sounds good. :)

btw: How i can shut of the "Apply loudout" action ingame? I have theoretically unlimited ammo - simply i choose the action again and my gear is reloaded.

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

If you are in mission editor of ArmA 2, the "Apply Loadout" can be used as much as you want, this is for help people testing stuff

. If you are connected to a dedicated server running Arma 2 (multiplayer game), you have 5 minutes max after the mission goes through the Briefing step.

In LEA, all stuff in the "Optical" list goes to the "Equipment" slot of ArmA 2 for both vanilla and ACE 2.^^

My point was that's not how ACE does it anymore, so we're unable to get a true ACE loadout with NVGs because LEA puts ACE NVGs in the Optical slots instead of Item slots, see here:

nvgs.jpg

Should be able to just add in an Item for NVGoggles I imagine and as long as it's classname NVGoggles it'll work in game.

Edited by kylania
Should actually be in Item slots, not Equipment, sorry. :)

I have a problem where I can't fire a weapon upon the mission start after editing it with LEA unless I switch to another weapon. And if I f.e. pressed LMB (nothing happens) and later start cycling through modes with F - the moment I get to M67 grenade my soldier throws it.

See if it's present for you:

https://rapidshare.com/files/211206300/LEA_Test.Chernarus.7z

No mods but ACE 1.13RC5 used and 87305 beta

Hopefully the new version will be ready soon enough since it makes my editing so much easier instead of wasting half of an hour digging through online classlists and typing stuff by hand but these bugs hurt the experience.

I suppose it is ACE 1.13 Dev what you show. LEA support ACE 1.12 Stable release and won't support ACE 1.13 until stable release comes out.

Maybe it's connected to the SAFE mode being enforced no more on a mission start in RC5 then

I have a problem where I can't fire a weapon upon the mission start

Usually that's a case of the ammo not being added to the player before the weapon is by the script. Adding ammo first should get around that.

If that was the case I would've heard click click when pressing LMB and wouldn't have issues with a grenade being thrown even 5 minutes later when I switch to it using F

As it is when pressing LMB I hear nothing.

I have a problem where I can't fire a weapon upon the mission start after editing it with LEA unless I switch to another weapon. And if I f.e. pressed LMB (nothing happens) and later start cycling through modes with F - the moment I get to M67 grenade my soldier throws it.

See if it's present for you:

https://rapidshare.com/files/211206300/LEA_Test.Chernarus.7z

Thanks. I tried your mission with ACE 1.12 Stable, no problem at all ^^ What do you mean by "LMB" ?

Once you come into the mission, push F or shift+1 to select first weapon.

Edited by Major_Shepard

LMB = Left mouse button

Sometimes you need to cycle your weapon at the begining of a game, i think that it's a bug when you change the loadout by script.

LEA 1.0 Update 1 Build 1.0.35 available from LEA Updater

=> Choose update after startup or select Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

-Fixed: mission.sqm corrupted after re-assignation caused by init field instructions.

-Fixed: CLU moved to the "Optical" list.

-Fixed: Javelin magazine missing.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

metalcraze you can pick up your mission here, I fixed it with LEA 1.0 Update 1:

ftp://176.31.253.58/ArmA2/LEA/dev/FT_Loadout.Desert_E.zip

Thanks again for your report.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Cant start Installer - app in process list but not launched!

Cant start Installer - app in process list but not launched!

You have to try again, I had the same problem, I tried it a couple of time and it was launching after all.

Top notch program! This is a must have, as it greatly reduces the setup time for missions and unit training. I love its ease of use, and all the options, just cant wait for the auto addon detection, so we can get some of the other great work from this community rapidly deployed.

I have a problem where I can't fire a weapon upon the mission start after editing it with LEA unless I switch to another weapon.

I concur. Even after update to 1.035. With the "RH mgs " mod even after cycling I can't fire rifle or load it for that matter, but the grenade launcher works fine. The Rh mod works fine if you add it via the stock editor btw. gr8 effort on this addon! it has a huge potential as something that should have been incorporated into this sim from the get go.

I concur. Even after update to 1.035. With the "RH mgs " mod even after cycling I can't fire rifle or load it for that matter, but the grenade launcher works fine. The Rh mod works fine if you add it via the stock editor btw. gr8 effort on this addon! it has a huge potential as something that should have been incorporated into this sim from the get go.

Please be very precise when reporting a bug. Which weapon in RH MGS has a problem? What is its classname ? Also take note that LEA does not support RH packs for ArmA 2 vanilla but RH packs for ArmA 2 OA/CO.