Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

Hmm, are these being overriden by the newer version of MARSOC marines? Just check you are not using an old version of the marines and the new version also via a launcher, or other than that try deleting the marsoc marines folder and re-installing the older units if you have a copy of them until the update comes. Otherwise, as you mentioned wait for the new campiagn version if you want to use meatballs new units.

I'll try get a new version out ASAP when I get home. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear that. I love this campaign.

=====================================================================================================================================

Version 1.20 released

Changelog v1.20 [12-Jan-13]

* Changed: Uses latest version of @MAR [MARSOC marines] from meatball0611 [v2.1] - Unit classnames where changed in 2.1, causing issues for previous campaign versions if you updated @MAR.

* Changed: Many fixes to mission6 depending on different objective outcomes.

* Fixed: Officers escape plane now is called correctly by "daylight" check as intended.

=====================================================================================================================================

* Future update:

- Fient's diving module will be implemented into mission 4 [Divers to place Limpet mines on the Dualan frigates.] - Good to see this update is back on his agenda.

- Possilby replace @MAR_2MAW with John Spartans F/A-18 to add features like Flares and radar warning system. This would be a major change, so I amy just add a second version implementing this addon. Not sure yet.

Thanks guys.

Rough Knight.

Thx for the update, can i play on Duala 1.95 or should I download v1.97. Rough Knight which version of Duala you used wenn you created v1.20 of your campaign.

Thx for the update, can i play on Duala 1.95 or should I download v1.97. Rough Knight which version of Duala you used wenn you created v1.20 of your campaign.

The update was created using 1.97. Hopefully it still works with 1.95 though. I did some brief tests and all seemed ok. Let me know if you come across any issues if you dont upgrade to 1.97.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Much love for the new release, I'll try this out soon :)

EDIT: DISREGARD

Edited by ptarmaguy

I re-captured a cutscene today after flares where implemented on Meatballs f/a-18f. I found they do actually exist on the units but had no ammo or config set for them in the models .cfg file. I scripted this functionality into the campaign and the mission3 cutscene looks much more realistic i reckon. I have also scripted AI pilots to use flares if locked by AA missiles. It helps recap what was missing for the addon which will hopefully be updated one day.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

Keep running out of ammo in Navy Blues and every time i try to use manual fire the game crashes. PS I'm using mma.

Well, I suggest you use the F18's machinegun, since to get the boats to explode you need to destroy all the fixed AA pods places on the boats, use the zoom for this matter.

Well, I suggest you use the F18's machinegun, since to get the boats to explode you need to destroy all the fixed AA pods places on the boats, use the zoom for this matter.

This way is effective. Also helps if you recruit a wingman and assign targets (the ships weapon placements) to him. It helps you complete the mission a little easier.

Good luck mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I always run out of ammo on the Navy Blues Mission. Its hard enough to hit the targets as it is. Am I doing something wrong? Also I have no machine gun ammo in my F-18, is that how it's intended to be?

I always run out of ammo on the Navy Blues Mission. Its hard enough to hit the targets as it is. Am I doing something wrong? Also I have no machine gun ammo in my F-18, is that how it's intended to be?

You need to target the defences on the ships. You can also recruit a wingman and use him to target the ship defences, this will make your life a fair bit easier. Ships in ARMA2 are just static objects rather than vehicles, so therefore I had to script their destruction once all their defences are destroyed.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

You need to target the defences on the ships. You can also recruit a wingman and use him to target the ship defences, this will make your life a fair bit easier. Ships in ARMA2 are just static objects rather than vehicles, so therefore I had to script their destruction once all their defences are destroyed.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

I understand that. It's just that I only have 4 bombs and 4 missiles. That not enough to take out all the targets. Am I supposed to have Machine gun ammo too?

I understand that. It's just that I only have 4 bombs and 4 missiles. That not enough to take out all the targets. Am I supposed to have Machine gun ammo too?

Yep, you might need to switch to manual fire mode via the action menu [mousewheel] to have access to the machine gun I am guessing however?

You can also rearm on the carrier. There is a link in this thread somewhere that shows you how to do it. You basically will need to land, then take a bomb cart downstairs to the ammo room kit up then rearm the plane. Like I say however, I recommend using your wingman. I have some ideas how to make the ships subject to damage from bombs and missiles, however I am not 100% sure how to go about it yet. Maybe for the next release?

Hello,is this mission working, when I put the mission in mpmission folder and go to the game and try to host new mission and when I choose the island, mission file not showing and I tried to open the mission file and it don't let me open it.:butbut:

This is campaign not mission/mpmission. Or maybe you write in wrong thread?

where do i put the carrier ops duala file to get it to work? i've tried making a Campaigns folder and put it in and it didnt work..... tried put the whole thing in an @ folder didnt work....... ive tried making a Campaigns folder and put the folder in it then taking the readme file out and it didnt work...... what am i doing wrong?

Campaign file you must put in:

....arma2\campaigns\campaign.pbo

For the rest of addons you can make folder @CarrierOperationsDuala, create there folder Addons and there you put all *pbo files from addons or mods files.

Or you can create folder @mod for each addon/mod.

@duala

@Nimitz

@hornet etc etc

Then you must launch game with all mods folders you created.

Edited by tom3kb

alright finally thanks i havent been able to find out how to play this mod for weeks

Do you have @cba_co and beta patch for game?

Check in campaign readme what version of Duala you need, i cant check this but i think that campaign was made on 1.95 and on Armaholic there is v1.97.

This campaign was made on game v1.62. Do you have steam version of game?

If yes your arma is v1.63, i read that this patch can break old mission/campaigns.

I dont know if its true.

yeah i am running on patch the steam patch 1.63

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

[/color]i have the newest one carrier operation duala_V1.20