Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

I installed everything listed with six updater and launched and i get a problem too do with mar_pilot snot existing or something and the game just freezes? Any idea what im doing wrong?

Hi Guys,

A new version of Meatballs F/A-18 will mean the campaign will be broken if you use it before my campaign is updated to v1.1. I am at work but will try get an update out tonight as the v2.0 of the F/A-18 fixes many of the bugs that where unresolvable by me. ie..aircraft actions disappearing ifyou don't access them before starting the planes engine.

I knowthese updatesare very important, so I will try get an update out ASAP.

I installed everything listed with six updater and launched and i get a problem too do with mar_pilot snot existing or something and the game just freezes? Any idea what im doing wrong?

Hi AVFC,

This will be because of one of two reasons.

1). You are using the new V2.0 update of meatballs F/A-18. Everyone will currently have this issue if you use that version of the plane. I will update the campaign hopefully later on tonight when I get home from work.

2). You are usingthe MAR fighter pilots addon which you would need to disable.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Hi Guys,

A new version of Meatballs F/A-18 will mean the campaign will be broken if you use it before my campaign is updated to v1.1. I am at work but will try get an update out tonight as the v2.0 of the F/A-18 fixes many of the bugs that where unresolvable by me. ie..aircraft actions disappearing ifyou don't access them before starting the planes engine.

I knowthese updatesare very important, so I will try get an update out ASAP.

Rough Knight

Great news, this will definitely shape the campaign to be top notch. Thanks Jfrost

Cheers for the reply, ill wait for the new version then because i dont think im using any fighter pilot addon all i installed was mar_2maw mar_pilot and mar_inf_marines.

Edit: i meant to ask can you use ace with it or just co?

Sorry guys there is a bit of a hold up with the campaign update. Trying to work out an issue with JDAM targeting ATM, I have flung a couple of enquiries out to those who know much more than me to try work out whats going on with the GPS/INS guidance system with the v2.1 of MAR_2MAW. Otherwise a few ore little tests to go then I'll send it out.

Here is the current changelog:

v1.1 | 10-Feb-12

* Updated to use Meatballs v2.1 F/A-18.

* Updated to use Meatballs USMC fighter pilot\crew chiefs and Helicopter Pilots.

* Added two new missions just before the final campaign mission. [F/A-18 recon mission and a combined marine\ F/A-18\ AH1Z mission to blow up stuff found in the recon mission]:D

* Changed: Mission5 player is now pilot when flying and marine team when on the ground [auto-Teamswitch]

* Changed: Mission5 added custom CAS [AH1Z] script to help [optional to use- called via radio]

* Changed: Mission6 option to use AH1Z or littlebird. Extra optional objective + more e units called if player uses AH1Z.

* Fixed: Mission7 Extraction action sometimes doesn't appear.

* Fixed: Mission7 Extraction helo destroyed means objective failure.

* Fixed: Mission7 - POW could sometimes die before he was rescued

* Fixed: All missions, extraction helicopter will now land on Nimitz deck rather than hover above it.

* Fixed: All missions, Plane wobbling on takeoff, and Nimitz crewmen feet who where partially sunken in deck on certain missions.

* Added: All missions, Workaround to falling through Nimitz deck in some cases.

* Fixed: All missions, insertion\Extraction crew Chiefs don't engage the enemy.

* Changed: mission8 NV weapons for Marines.

* Changed: mission10 NV weapons for Marines.

* Changed: All missions, MH-60 now used instead of littlebird for insertion and extraction. Script improved.

* Changed: All missions, dead body cleanup to leave playableUnits and campaign specific characters.

* Changed: All missions,AI no longer use afterburner on takeoff.

* Changed: All missions, Dip on launch of AI aircraft takeoff added.

* Chanmged: All missions Script fix to stop pileup of planes on Nimitz deck if inital plane is still on Cat#1 and a wingman is requested.

* Changed: all missions, removed disableUserInput true in briefings to hopefully stop uncontrollable camera drift.

* Fixed: Wincing could be heard in campaign's final cutscene.

There may be some other changes I have missed, but that covers the main ones.

Cheers for the reply, ill wait for the new version then because i dont think im using any fighter pilot addon all i installed was mar_2maw mar_pilot and mar_inf_marines.

Edit: i meant to ask can you use ace with it or just co?

That mar_pilot addon has caused the issue before. @MAR_2MAW already has the pilots included, so try turn the pilot addon off. Your first post suggested you where not running that addon however.

I haven't tried this with ACE yet as I don't use it other than for some MP servers that run it as a requirement. Maybe you could tell me when you get it working if there are any issues. At this point, I don't intend to implement ACE anyway as I want the addon list as short as possible.

Edited by Rough Knight

Yea sorry i hadnt realised i was even using it, the updater seems to add it whenever i add the f18 to a preset. Ill give it a go a bit later see how it goes.

Sorry guys there is a bit of a hold up with the campaign update. Trying to work out an issue with JDAM targeting ATM, I have flung a couple of enquiries out to those who know much more than me to try work out whats going on with the GPS/INS guidance system with the v2.1 of MAR_2MAW. Otherwise a few ore little tests to go then I'll send it out.

Hey man, no sweat, take your time. I always rather have a polished product I have to wait on. Ofcourse your not making a full game but I'd still rather wait then a whole bunch of bugs.

Hi DaMan3,

I would recommend waiting until the next version. ATM the campaign will not work with version 2.1 of @Mar_2MAW as some of the classes etc are different. The 2.1 update is very welcomed however, if I can work around a few litttle issues an update should be out in a few days. I know I said that last week but time has been tight and quite a lot of work to the campiagn has been done.

I also decided to try add a little more ambience to the Nimitz deck. There are some other issues, I am not sure atm why by default the F18 does not like to give its m162 some ammo. I think it is a config issue with the f/a-18 addon. In saying that I have not tried to add the ammo manually.

At a future date I will try to add some more combat ambience, probably not for this update however.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Hi DaMan3,

I would recommend waiting until the next version. ATM the campaign will not work with version 2.1 of @Mar_2MAW as some of the classes etc are different. The 2.1 update is very welcomed however, if I can work around a few litttle issues an update should be out in a few days. I know I said that last week but time has been tight and quite a lot of work to the campiagn has been done.

I also decided to try add a little more ambience to the Nimitz deck. There are some other issues, I am not sure atm why by default the F18 does not like to give its m162 some ammo. I think it is a config issue with the f/a-18 addon. In saying that I have not tried to add the ammo manually.

At a future date I will try to add some more combat ambience, probably not for this update however.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

JFrost, Are you still waiting for meatball to update his F-18 addon or polishing up your campaign? I saw that you might you MMA if the avionics menu is indeed being removed right?

JFrost, Are you still waiting for meatball to update his F-18 addon or polishing up your campaign? I saw that you might you MMA if the avionics menu is indeed being removed right?

Gday bud,

I have found a way around the missing GPS\INS console thanks to somehelp from [FRL] Myke. I believe Meatball will be adding the GPS/INS console back into the vehicle in a future update. Either way, I have that base covered now. I would like to keep MMA as an optional addon thanks to it's flexibility this is possible.

If you could do me favour, let me know if you try the new version of the F18 if you get a cfg error concerning the planes machine gun. I get this regardless of whether the plane is just in the editor or in my campiagn, so I believe it is addon related. I think Meatball is also looking into that one. I havent tried to add a magazine to the turret as of yet however so I am not sure if that is a show stopper or not as I havent got that far : P.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Gday bud,

I have found a way around the missing GPS\INS console thanks to somehelp from [FRL] Myke. I believe Meatball will be adding the GPS/INS console back into the vehicle in a future update. Either way, I have that base covered now. I would like to keep MMA as an optional addon thanks to it's flexibility this is possible.

If you could do me favour, let me know if you try the new version of the F18 if you get a cfg error concerning the planes machine gun. I get this regardless of whether the plane is just in the editor or in my campiagn, so I believe it is addon related. I think Meatball is also looking into that one. I havent tried to add a magazine to the turret as of yet however so I am not sure if that is a show stopper or not as I havent got that far : P.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Great to know that the avionics issues has been taken care of, it's been annoying previously. Let me check out the new F18 and get back to you.

The GPS/INS console in my scripted version appears as a standalone action. This is not quite the same as the way it was originally achieved via the Avionics menu, but it's going to do the job. I assume the module activation will be back where it belongs once Meatball and Co add it back into their actions scripts.

I hope to get some more time on this tonight, perhaps after some Valentines day duties ; )

Thanks

Rough Knight

I made a quick vid of some of the upcoming changes on the Nimitz deck.

I think this is better than 1.05, just a few more things to work out before the release.;)

I hope this video is ok to post here, I can't for the life of me work out how to post a youtube link like Muahaha did a few pages back. I just get a blank video preview area?

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

I made a quick vid of some of the upcoming changes on the Nimitz deck.

I think this is better than 1.05, just a few more things to work out before the release.;)

I hope this video is ok to post here, I can't for the life of me work out how to post a youtube link like Muahaha did a few pages back. I just get a blank video preview area?

Thanks

Rough Knight

Awsome! I'm looking forward to the release. You see what a couple of animations can do to a flight deck! Awsome...

That looks mighty impressive, now it really looks like the carrier is on full operational mode. Folding up the wings might make it much more easier for the player to traverse around deck not having the tips colliding with other objects.

I've also check on the latest F18 add on, doesn't seem to hit the cfg error you mentioned. Might already be fixed by meatball?

I am having the same problem, but i cant seem to find any fix for it:

SsZn5l.jpg

tried to disable the pilots.pbo in mar_2maw, didn't help.

tried everything, nothing works..

I am having the same problem, but i cant seem to find any fix for it:

tried to disable the pilots.pbo in mar_2maw, didn't help.

tried everything, nothing works..

The current release of campaign 1.05 is not compatible with the latest F18 v2.1. Wait till J_frost release his updated campaign then try again else, get the older version of Meatball F18 to enjoy his great work.

Yes mate Muahaha is right. In the upcoming version the helicopter pilots are used also which add a nice feel to the standard. In the drivers seat of the AH1Z you see your gunners white helmet which looks pretty cool.

I will update the first page with the @MAR_2MAW version that is compatible with the campiagn in it's current state to save any confusion.

I hope to be able to knock it out this week, but time has been hard to give for family reasons.....dang kids trying to rule my life : )

Thanks

Rough Knight.

I hope to be able to knock it out this week, but time has been hard to give for family reasons.....dang kids trying to rule my life : )

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Haha, I didn't know you had kids, probably like this :bounce3: huh?

But again, please take your time. Hurrying things up has never contributed to any game.

Sidenote, I am gonna be gone from Februari the 24th to March the 4th, I'm going snowboarding in France :p. I'm also very busy so I might not have enough time to play it, if you can't find a spot to release it this week. I just thought I'd let you know if you where expecting more feedback dicrectly after the release like I did last time.

Good luck!

CyclonicTuna

Edited by CyclonicTuna

The only thing I would change is all that text in the hint box. The times I have played this is comes up really fast so sometimes you miss vital hints.

Recommend you learn the BIS conversation system (kbTell), it's pretty simple once you see the example. Or use triggered global chats/sidechats. PM me if you need some help on this.

Yes mate Muahaha is right. In the upcoming version the helicopter pilots are used also which add a nice feel to the standard. In the drivers seat of the AH1Z you see your gunners white helmet which looks pretty cool.

I will update the first page with the @MAR_2MAW version that is compatible with the campiagn in it's current state to save any confusion.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

well the problem is, i cannot find the 1.8 version anywhere, everybody has it at 2.1, with no archive of old downloads.

if anyone has a link to 1.8 that would be greatly appreciated.

well the problem is, i cannot find the 1.8 version anywhere, everybody has it at 2.1, with no archive of old downloads.

if anyone has a link to 1.8 that would be greatly appreciated.

Patience mate, trust me, 1.5 was worth waiting for, so 1.6 is definetly worth waiting for. Rough Knight said he would probably be able to release it in the coming week. That means we'll definetely have it this month.

And if not, its still worth waiting for. So yeah, enjoy this dancing banana :yay:

Hi Guys. new version is finally up on the first post. The main key is it supports @Mar_2MAW v2.1.

Please report back here with any bugs as per usual. There are plenty of changes and additions\fixes so I hope you all enjoy it.

v1.11 Changelog: 22-Feb-12

* Updated to use Meatballs v2.0 F/A-18.

* Updated to use Meatballs USMC fighter pilot\crew chiefs and Helicopter Pilots.

* Added: Nimitz deck activity.

* Added: Two new missions from USS Nimitz.

* Added: One new mision playing as the civilian NTC side.

* Added extra tasks for some missions.

* Changed: Mission5 player is now pilot when flying and marine team when on the ground [auto-Teamswitch]

* Changed: Mission5 added custom CAS [AH1Z] script to help [optional to use- called via radio]

* Changed: Mission6 option to use AH1Z or littlebird. Extra optional objective + more e units called if player uses AH1Z.

* Fixed: All missions, extraction helicopter will now land on Nimitz deck rather than hover above it.

* Fixed: All missions, Plane wobbling on takeoff, and Nimitz crewmen feet who where partially sunken in deck on certain missions.

* Changed: All missions, MH-60 now used instead of littlebird for insertion and extraction. Script improved.

* Changed: All missions, dead body cleanup to leave playableUnits and campaign specific characters.

* Chanmged: All missions Script fix to stop pileup of planes on Nimitz deck if inital plane is still on Cat#1 and a wingman is requested.

* Changed: All missions, wingman only offered if player vehicle is a plane.

* Changed: all missions, removed disableUserInput true in briefings to hopefully stop uncontrollable camera drift.

* Various other improvements.

The only thing I would change is all that text in the hint box. The times I have played this is comes up really fast so sometimes you miss vital hints.

Recommend you learn the BIS conversation system (kbTell), it's pretty simple once you see the example. Or use triggered global chats/sidechats. PM me if you need some help on this.

Hi Blackfox, I will definitely look into this for next update. I didn't know such a thing existed so I'll hunt for some more information about it.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

Hi Guys. new version is finally up on the first post. The main key is it supports @Mar_2MAW v2.1.

Please report back here with any bugs as per usual. There are plenty of changes and additions\fixes so I hope you all enjoy it.

v1.11 Changelog: 22-Feb-12

* Updated to use Meatballs v2.0 F/A-18.

* Added: Nimitz deck activity.

* Added: Two new missions from USS Nimitz.

* Added: One new mision playing as the civilian NTC side.

* Added extra tasks for some missions.

* Changed: All missions, wingman only offered if player vehicle is a plane.

* Various other improvements.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Congrats on the new release, will test it out.