Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

C&C Generals 2

http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/games/bygameid/cncgenerals2

http://au.gamespot.com/news/command-and-conquer-generals-2-coming-from-bioware-victory-6347422

Wiki (with system reqs)

http://wiki.generals2.org/index.php?title=Generals_2_Information_Summary

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command of their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.

Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.

New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.

Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives—from heroic General to crazed terrorist—while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.

Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

w6bg6yhyTK4

(

)

Planned for release 2013 with pre-orders already available

Edited by ArmAriffic

Woooo, that could be awesome! I consider C&C Generals to be one of the best C&C's ever :)

Hmm nice , i hope BioWare will use that Frostbite 2 engine properly , not like BF3 or NFS

It's a new team branded with BioWare's name, in case it matters even slightly. :p

I'm really pleased to see anoter Generals title, but I'm a bit dissapointed to see DLC touted as a major feature.

Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

At this moment it sounds a bit like "buy the best unit to win". :(

DLCs as major Feature? I think the industry is going completely nuts

DLCs as major Feature? I think the industry is going completely nuts
Why that? Pay for what you like, ignore the rest?

Or pay for what should have been in the game from the very beginning and if you don´t pay you will have a hard time to compete against other players who did.

Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid. There's just no need for DLC in RTS games. Keep it to proper expansion packs, like Zero Hour. Intrigued to see how Frostbite 2 works out for this.

Can EA rape C&C any further?

Why that? Pay for what you like, ignore the rest?

- Sweet! There are 3 people who need the 4th guy to play 2v2, lemme join

"Warning! To play this game Mammoth Tank DLC is required! Click HERE to buy!

Repair shop DLC is required! Click HERE to buy!

Radar station DLC is required! Click HERE to buy!

2v2 MapPack DLC is required! Click HERE to buy!

Hummvee 50 cal Turret Xmas Reskin DLC is required! Click HERE to buy!"

- FFFFFUUUUUUUU-

Edited by metalcraze

Maybe this new team will be more kind to the old girl than EA was with the Tiberian and Red Alert series..

I just hope they aren't thinking of tieing it to TD given the 'orca fighters'.

Edited by NodUnit

I guess the expansion era is gone and the endless stream of DLC shit is rock solid now. :rolleyes:

The game itself should be very interesting though. I played the cheese out of Generals.

I was happily looking forward to this until what SniperWolf pointed out.

That seems like cash n grab tactics 101 :(

They probably mean that people with 70 IQ being able to play C&C4 was not enough, people with 60 IQ are feeling left out.

Guess EA have never seen the Supreme Ruler series, now that is a strategy game and a half.

Hi.

From article:

It’ll be interesting to see if Bioware really can raise the bar for visuals in the strategy genre.

Since when are visuals that important in RTS? RTS genre died with Total Annihilation. People want nice graphics and retarded user interface so they can compete in keystrokes/mouse clicks per minute. At least TA continues as (open source) Spring engine (http://springrts.com). Some good mods: Zero-K, Spring 1944, NOTA

Since when are visuals that important in RTS? RTS genre died with Total Annihilation. People want nice graphics and retarded user interface so they can compete in keystrokes/mouse clicks per minute. At least TA continues as (open source) Spring engine (http://springrts.com). Some good mods: Zero-K, Spring 1944, NOTA

^^ +1 for all of the above. :)

Although I must admit, I liked C&C Tiberian Sun, the last truly enjoyable C&C game in my opinion.

C&C Tiberian Sun was still made by old Westwood. I liked how no unit was overpowered as it's usually the case in so many RTS. You couldn't just spam an enemy with a mass of units since they were happily damaging each other when bunched up.

RA2 wasn't bad either although it already was made with only Westwood's partial presence in the project - and suddenly superunits also appeared (like apocalypse tank which you can just spam to win).

It went downhill when EA killed Westwood.

C&C Tiberian Sun was still made by old Westwood. I liked how no unit was overpowered as it's usually the case in so many RTS. You couldn't just spam an enemy with a mass of units since they were happily damaging each other when bunched up.

Well, we quickly found that spamming Nod artillery was unbeatable. But otherwise, it was good game (no population ftw:)). EDIT: I would not blame game by balance of units because it's easy to fix after some time. But the fact that RTS games in year 2011 has same or worse controls than in 1998 and almost all new features are just for effect is sad. Just look at Starcraft 2 (but that was expected to satisfy *cough* Korean *cough* progamers).

Edited by batto

Since when are visuals that important in RTS? RTS genre died with Total Annihilation.
WHAAaaaa?!

Company Of Heroes. Men Of War AS? Cmon, these are the best of the genre IMO, ever, it's a peak of what You can do with a realistic setting, good engine (good gfx and a great physics engine in case of MoW) and gameplay that is based also on actual tactics, not only on clicks per minute. Plus it has mods and never before seen futures (MoW mainly, but CoH for example - suppression system). You be talkin' BS, bro. IMO.

Never played TA, from the classic RTS'es I liked few C&C (up to RA2) and most epic polish-made RTS game - EARTH 2140! A friggin' king.

Edited by JonPL

I guess the expansion era is gone and the endless stream of DLC shit is rock solid now. :rolleyes:

DLC Isn't that terrible, though there are good and bad ways to do it. (And the industry needs time to figure it out)

Games today have a much better value for the customer than it did 10 years ago. The prices largely stay the same, while making games to a competitive standard is requiring bigger teams every year.

Company Of Heroes. Men Of War AS? Cmon, these are the best of the genre IMO, ever, it's a peak of what You can do with a realistic setting, good engine (good gfx and great physics engine - in case of MoW) and gameplay that is based also on actual tactics, not only on clicks per minute. Plus it has mods and never before seen futures (MoW mainly, but CoH for example - suppression, for example). You be talkin' BS, bro. IMO.

Hi. Look at the link to Spring: 1944 I posted please. It has suppression too. But Spring engine has much more: scripting and physics! I played Company of Heroes for a while but... it's just show for me, sorry. Why the hell you can't zoom out? How can mortar kill running enemy? Why do tanks have fire range max. 40 meters? Look at S44, please. Maps are big and tanks have realistic range. You can control > 12 spitfire squadron. You can make hell with > 10 Katyusa. You can object poor graphics (it's not that poor), but it's true RTS. GUI is here to help you and the game is simulation. Man of War looks better but I've never played it.

Tiberium SUn was great, but yes NOD Artillery was waaay overpowered, but I really enjoyed to make huuuge craters with them (a feature that todays games don´t have!)

I also liked C&C Generals, the factions were very distinctive and had some interesting units.

Besides of that WiC rules!

... but I really enjoyed to make huuuge craters with them (a feature that todays games don´t have!)

*cough* Spring *cough*