Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Stalker 2, it's not over until the fat weapon seller sings!!!

Such is life in the Zone. FUCKING GREAT, COMRADES BWAHAAHAHA- Sorry about that.

So if rumours are true then there could be some hope at the end of the rainbow:

http://games.on.net/2012/08/rumour-bethesda-picks-up-rights-to-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2/

This one’s a bit of a rumour, really. According to the same Ukrainian blogger that tipped off the media to the closure of the STALKER 2 project, Bethesda have now picked up the rights to make their own STALKER game. Apparently the brand has not been sold by GSC owner Sergei Grigorovich, but Bethesda have purchased the rights to make a game based on the IP, but do not have the rights to the extended universe. It’s all a bit complicated, which is, of course, exacerbated by the rumour mill and each retelling. It is interesting to note though that when contacted for comment, Bethesda have reportedly responded with a ‘no comment’, as opposed to just a ‘no, this is not true’. So, make of that what you will.

Original source:

http://galyonkin.com/2012/07/31/stalker-2-zhiv-izdaet-bethesda/

Google translation:

To begin with: what is written below is derived from a very reliable source whom I trust, but it is not official information. Keep this in mind, please.

Sergei Grigorovich does not sell brand STALKER.

STALKER game by Bethesda and published all the rights to play it.

The game makes a number of platforms (console, plus a PC) on the technology of Bethesda, the studio most familiar with this technology. Perhaps Obsidian Fallout 3, or a team in Bethesda, but not the fact. It is important that the studio is not in Ukraine, it is almost 100%.

Bethesda will be able to buy a brand Grigorovich STALKER and not for games too, but as long as the associated merchandise - its responsibility. For example recently published English-language comic book, the universe.

Release date, the technology, the details of the game - about it until I do not know.

UPD: I see that the division of rights raises questions. Briefly: Bethesda - game Grigorovich - everything else (books, movies, merchandise). But Bethesda might have the right to redeem all of Grigorovich, as once bought Fallout from Interplay.

UPD2: Bethesda declined to comment on this information.

Although I like Skyrim very much if Beth makes an Stalker 2 expect an huge area to explore but without a soul,be it simplistic story or empty and easily forgettable characters.(except M'aiq,that is one cool cat)

I like the last couple of Fallouts (never players the older style Fallouts) and I liked Oblivion and Skyrim so the IP could certainly be in much worse hands IMO :)

Personally I think the Arma3 engine would be even better for a new Stalker game but that's not for me to decide ;)

Ohhh c'mon Placebo,now I just have the mental image of the Stalker IP in A3 clothes.Running around with fellow stalkers,take some vehicles to stash artifacts or seeing the military flying an MI-24 in a vortex anomaly.

Agree with you with Fallout 3(great atmosphere),Fallout New Vegas was made by other devs though.Oblivion was pretty meh(saw some mudcrabs the other day,horrible creatures),now replace that with "saw some bloodsuckers yesterday,horrible creatures".

I'd love stalker in an open, Bethesda, style world. However I fear they would make the gunplay and mechanics more like their current games, which would suck. Maybe there is hope though.

Edited by GRS

I like the last couple of Fallouts (never players the older style Fallouts) and I liked Oblivion and Skyrim so the IP could certainly be in much worse hands IMO :)

Personally I think the Arma3 engine would be even better for a new Stalker game but that's not for me to decide ;)

minus the lighting engine supporing multiple light sources that do cast shadows, the particle effects and the weather effects, all of the above trademarks for stalker series, and unfortunatly all of the above not at the same level in a3 engine.

I'd love stalker in an open, Bethesda, style world. However I fear they would make the gunplay and mechanics more like their current games, which would suck. Maybe there is hope though.

TBH Stalker shooting mechanics are awful. AK that can't hit a target 100m away because of ridiculous CS-like dispersion that also makes most pistols unusable even within 20m? Even Bethesda can't make it any worse.

minus the lighting engine supporing multiple light sources that do cast shadows, the particle effects and the weather effects, all of the above trademarks for stalker series, and unfortunatly all of the above not at the same level in a3 engine.

True but who's to say there isn't simple stuff under the hood to create specifically stylised visuals to match a certain game type/mood ;)

TBH Stalker shooting mechanics are awful. AK that can't hit a target 100m away because of ridiculous CS-like dispersion that also makes most pistols unusable even within 20m? Even Bethesda can't make it any worse.

You play STALKER without mods? Ugh....

True but who's to say there isn't simple stuff under the hood to create specifically stylised visuals to match a certain game type/mood ;)

And thats how many rumors and false expectations are created around ARMA...

I never had that problem. Also, have you ever fired a pistol at 20 meters? It's not as easy as it sounds.

I spent about 100 hours playing Call of Pripyat unmodded, I enjoyed it. It takes the same sort of patience that ArmA does, I feel. I hope that another STALKER game is published one way or another, and that it meets the standards we all hope for.