Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Stalker 2, it's not over until the fat weapon seller sings!!!

I agree that SoC and CS were kinda unfinished,but they had a huge plus in atmosphere department and very few games managed to do that.After reading Roadside Picnic and watching the Stalker movie I could appreciate even more what they wanted to acomplish and to an extent they did.

True SoC changed very much from what they promised at the beginning,but it was still a gem.They fucked up things a little with CS,but with CoP they delivered the best Stalker experience.

About the multiplatform thing it really depends if the game will turn crap or good.You could go CD Projekt or Eidos Montreal way,or you could go EA way.

Yeah Cossacks was a great game too. The untis were researched really good!

The underground LAB mission in stalker still gives me the creeps thinking about it, thats the only time in gaming that i was actually really scared, what a mind f*^k!

i would like to point out that GCS Game World did not just made STALKER but also Cossacks games (great RTS serie)

Never played this series unfortunately ):

Worth the purchase on steam?

Terrible, terrible news, really sad to hear this as a gamer, outside of our own games (obviously!) the Stalker series have been about my favourite series of games on PC, was looking forward to a new one as I always considered them a very special developer, sure like many ambitious, openworld games they had some problems with bugs/performance but the games always got there in the end with patches/community mods and created an almost unparalleled experience in terms of story, visuals, atmosphere and gameplay. I hope that either the rumours aren't true or that investment can be found to keep the studio going.

That's why supporting indie studios such as BIS by buying as many of their products we can and banning piracy from one's behaviour is essential.

Usually the game studios CEOs are genius game makers, creative directors and great programmers. But sadly they don't know enough about running a company, taking care of the cashflow, market and economics... my 2 cents.

Usually the game studios CEOs are genius game makers, creative directors and great programmers. But sadly they don't know enough about running a company, taking care of the cashflow, market and economics... my 2 cents.

Other companys have the opposite problem.

CEOs that are true geniuses at taking care of cashflow, marketing and other stuff, but seriously suck at game design.

RIP

Thanks for many enjoyable hours of atmospheric paranoia and fear. Makes me feel guilty that you guys only ever got eight of my dollars. Four for STALKER, four for Call of Pripyat which somehow ran with half the framerate of ArmA 2 on high settings.

These forums are not the place to discuss piracy, discuss GSC in this thread or go away and post elsewhere.

really nicely written. Thanks for sharing (there are only 2 gaming websites i briefly browse these days, pcgamer and rockpaper...seems i forgot about the later lately)

another thing springs to mind, what will happen to the stalker TV series? i was hoping for another "Firefly" out of that...

from what i understood, they were going to release that at the same time as Stalker 2

Great read. It really explain why STALKER is so special and it shouldn't be understood as a typical FPS or some kind of a hybrid among the others in whole gaming industry.

What gives a little hope, is that several russian websites reported about these news only being a very ingenious marketing trick before annnoucing what's coming - STALKER 2. I remember that an official report about current situation was promised to be published today and still don't see it anywhere. What does that mean? Is everything all right or whole internet has been fooled again? (Remember how BIS have been playing with multiple instant hacks on their websites before A3 announcement. :D)

All in all, I'd stay sceptical about those rumors...

Edit_1: Well, a hopeful tweet from GSC appeared recently: “We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain.â€

Edited by Inlesco
Where dynamic happens lol

Hmm. In a perfect world:

1. BIS Buys STALKER IP

2. BIS Hires GSC STALKER dev team

3. BIS leaves them to produce STALKER 2 with no interference or influence (because STALKER is already awesome and doesn't need another hand in it. ARMA=ARMA, STALKER=STALKER)

4. ??????

5. Profit!

unfortunately it seems unlikely too be a PR stunt

there was another blurb on RPS today (mostly inconsequential), but some one translated a russian article in the comments section (and by translated, google )

“On Friday, December 9, gaming community information shocked – the largest developer of games in the CIS, GSC G ame W orld, self-liquidating. Reliable information that, as well as denials, and not at the moment. The news immediately caused a strong reaction among fans of games from the studio, someone said it was the end of everything, someone just did not believe, but someone talked over the possibility that this news is just a PR-literate way. Many once had an idea (which obviously originated on the basis of the political situation in Russia) – all to protest the building of the office. In fact, such a procession of disaffected could bring benefits – Sergei Grigorovich can do with his company that he wants. In the end it was decided to organize a rally to support GSC, which was a peaceful gathering of concerned fans under the walls of the office, to raise the morale of the team disbanded possible, and to receive the promised data on the situation.

I have to say, everything was organized very quickly, in just a half day. Organization engaged in by two people – Denis Polishchuk (which for some reason unable to attend the shares) and, in fact, I am. Sketched out a plan of action, we set about creating an event in VKontakte, then it was necessary to convey information about it. My first thought – “YaStalker.†But advertising there could not bring specific results, therefore, appealed to the fan site of the company – GSC-Fan.Com. From the first minute of placing information on the portal in the group fell messages and new subscribers. As was pointed out me, most of the fans were from Russia, many people simply do not physically able to support us with their presence.

All complicated by the fact that the event was held on Monday morning – in many studies, work, service, etc. (even though the military have supported us:)).

Many share in the perceived hostility, it was a lot of messages like “ololo, shkolota angry,†etc. In fact, the so-called shkolota was not there, came mostly students, old friends, for whom “pomitingovat†at the office was one more reason to meet. From history to go by the events of the action. Make an appointment with Yevtushenko, Ivan aka White_Nizarit to meet at the subway station platform Beresteyskaya, I hit the road, since I live close by. After meeting there, we and several friends went to the office, of course, on foot (where the same stalkers use public transport, there controllers!). On the way to discuss different topics, from a multiplayer game, “Clear Skyâ€, “Call of Pripyat†and Call of Duty to airsoft and STALKER RealPlayer. When they reached the intended point (bus stop right under the entrance to the office), we comfortably and continued communication. Literally we came two more fans STALKER, with an official forum of GSC, the second simply decided to join. From the very beginning of the action I was a correspondence with Oleg Yavorsky, he was interested in, how many us, and gave recommendations do not miss the bus Grigorovich, who was planning to visit soon, etc. Perhaps the most memorable moment was the following SMS: “Trust and gives hope to others that the project will live on. Internet – our weapons.â€

Then we moved up to Andrei “AnarH†Skrypnyk – the organizer of many championships in STALKER, and after a couple of minutes the soldier unknown to me, was very pleasant and intelligent man. Deciding that standing on the street and wait for someone else does not make sense (the clock is already 10:20), we went into the building – there with the April 2011 nothing has changed, still warm, cozy and smells good. They stood a little below, near the restaurant “Le Figaroâ€, were photographed with a sign GSC (yes, she’s still there!) And climbed to the fourth floor. In the office itself, we did not go (do not let there be a dozen people, plus there was no need as such – if something clearer, we will inform Oleg). All the time here and there flashed employees, if my memory serves me, it was mainly because of their clothes. Then came Alexander Plichko, greeted all … And he ran away. In general, we whiled away the time socializing. After a couple of minutes called Oleg, said that comment today will be nothing but happy to come say hello to all of us.

A few minutes later, as promised, we were visited by Oleg Yavorsky and Ruslan Didenko. All at once pounced with questions – “What’s next?â€

Sadly, the answers were short and simple – yet without comment, to say all Grigorovich at the time. Of these, we were able to pull is not very much information, but watching their reaction, it was possible to understand many things. For example – all that happens is not a PR-action. The mood among the staff is really bad, so to speak. Yavorsky, I usually see in a cheerful mood. Employees doing their best to do everything that the company has not closed, such an outcome no one wants. Many were interested in support and maintenance of the company’s server – it will continue, that is, resources such as “YaStalker†or game servers for online play will run. Stalker-Shop store will work as long as end products.

To the question “What are the reasons?†– Response from Ruslan and Oleg little different (I want to add that he spoke mostly Oleg). Ruslan said that it was known only to himself Grigorovich, Oleg same again replied – “Top Secretâ€. In short, the information in the course of conversation, we were really little, but also at least something. By the way, the answers Oleg AnarH oharakteriziroval as “News, Channel 5″ – this is their style: say something, and then answer in one sentence – no comments.

In the end, everything went very well, Oleg suggested that hope for the best. At the end, we have continued to pay out as usual jokes, and went downstairs. They all had their own affairs.

When we were in the street, we began to share experiences and discuss the situation. I was very memorable phrases soldier, whose name I unfortunately do not know.

At this event actually ended.

Attention! Further there are only reflections of the author of the article! They have no relation to official information from the GSC, and built only on hunches, observations and conclusions of the author. Anyone can take them into account, and can be considered complete nonsense.

The soldier is really very well-reasoned and logical. Next, I’ll just give him and his reasoning:

A) The rumors about the alleged pressure on the company security forces are groundless. If you think about – what structures are in Ukraine? SBU (Security Service of Ukraine) makes no sense to run into Grigorovich and the company, they are not to find fault. Have something to say about the involvement of Grigorovich to politics and the attitude towards the accused Tymoshenko and ex-presidents Yushchenko and Kuchma, which in itself is absurd. All intellectual property protected by the company’s values ​​(which I 100% sure), so this side is also not prikopat.

We also have AIM (aka police). They are, in principle, also did the company do not. Perhaps someone involved in criminal cases, which also seems nonsense (I’m sure that none of the staff to unlawful acts is not involved) about corruption in the I can not speak.

This is the only law enforcement agencies, which may put pressure on the GSC.

B) The second opinion of the people – the marriage of money. Personally, I can not judge the financial situation of the company, but any reasonable person would understand that the likelihood of financial problems is extremely low. GSC has a fixed income from the sale of related products. This is unlikely. Many now try to say about the post by Dmitry Yasneva in FaceBook on investors, but about that later.

B) on this version, I think most of all, turning over in my mind I knew all employees – conflict in the team. Indeed, if we think – to close the company because of a trifle silly, but if, for example, differences occurred in the top of the company (say, Grigorovich’s not like any of the wards), it would produce a turbulent discontent of the Trust and defending their point of view. The conflict could be a long time, but not so strong. As they say, December 9, was the presentation of STALKER 2 within the company. Maybe that’s when the conflict reached a boiling point, and someone could not stand it, that might well not like Grigorovich and the other part of the team. Because of this, Sergei could terminate funding for the project STALKER 2, thus “closing up shop.†What prevents him based on GSC create a new company with new people and take up the same “Cossacks� That’s right – nothing. Hence the problem comes up with investors.

It is a pity that I can not give you all the arguments of the military – just not all fit in my head.

I repeat: all of the above – just my guess, and thoughts. They can be partly confirmed by an official statement from the GSC, and may not be true, but do not share them I could not. Talk about moving companies are not unfounded. According to developers, they passed the E-Sports team Na’Vi only part of an unoccupied room. “

Hmm. In a perfect world:

1. BIS Buys STALKER IP

3. BIS leaves them to produce STALKER 2 with no interference or influence (because STALKER is already awesome and doesn't need another hand in it. ARMA=ARMA, STALKER=STALKER)

4. ??????

5. Profit!

Well, it's not like the GSC don't have a rocky track record when it comes to producing videogames on time and on budget. If this was a consideration for BIS, I would be doing a very cautious analysis of the situation. Giving them the keys to BIS's resources and shutting the door behind you I think would involve a fair degree of risk.

Well, it's not like the GSC don't have a rocky track record when it comes to producing videogames on time and on budget. If this was a consideration for BIS, I would be doing a very cautious analysis of the situation. Giving them the keys to BIS's resources and shutting the door behind you I think would involve a fair degree of risk.

Hire a deadline-enforcer :confused:

Hmm. In a perfect world:

1. BIS Buys STALKER IP

4. ??????

5. Profit!

Step 4 - integrate Stalker's lighting into ArmA3.

I always thought about what would happen if the two engines had hot, hot sex. Unfortunately, it's not going to come true.

Seems there is some sort of turnaround...

from the Official facebook page:

The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays.