Sign in to follow this  
iceman11a

invalid number in expression

Why would the line below cause a error of "invalid number in expression"

Bomb = “SH_120_HE†createVehicle [(getPos S1 select 0),(getPos S1 select 1),50];

I'm trying to get a bomb to drop on a truck.

Because your createVehicle command is munged.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle_array

The class you want to create is the first argument you give to createVehicle, so it goes after, not before.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

bomb = createVehicle ["SH_120_HE", [getPos S1 select 0, getPos S1 select 1,50],[], "none"];

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Also, spawning it 50 above is going to make quite a long delay before it hits, and it's always possible it might miss - I don't know how the arty shell you are using works in free fall without a forward vector.

Thanks Tank, It just it looks like My Murray is going to have to update his doc's since that's what I been going by. Thanks for the code.

UPDATE, Sorry Tank that errored out too. It says

Only 4 elements expected 5.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

How ever this works,

bomb = createVehicle ["SH_120_HE", [getPos S1 select 0, getPos S1 select 1,50],[], 0, "none"];

Edited by iceman11a

That Mr Murray guide is quite old. He's referring to the old createVehicle command, it's better to use the createVehicle Array command I link to earlier.

Yes I did. Is there a newer guide that will help me, Some thing I can down load and read threw it.

Yeah, there's a couple here that are much newer. I can't personally vouch for any of them, so try them and see what happens.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_editing_references

Since there's more then one. Can you tell me witch one to get. some thing just like Mr-Murray pdf file. Some thing that uses most of the common script commands and some good stuff. ?

Hard to say - I've not used either, though the first one gets a good write up.

The only thing is that the 1st 2 or 3 manuals are for ArmA 2, Not Arma. Armed Assault.

The scripts commands are not the same, So some one uploaded them to the wrong place. I need some thing for Arma

Yes I know and none of them were very helpful..

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I'll have to post again, I ran into another problem. I'll explain and post some code too. I'll really screwed up on this.