Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #2 (Release Candidate)

I hope the RC3 will fix those problems:

1. When I put Cooper unit as Player for example in ARMA2:CO, his radio voices aren't the same like Vanilla arma2 cooper's radio voices which in ARMA2:CO 1.59 the problem fixed but after i patched ARMA2:CO 1.60 RC2, the problem returns. This problem is also found on any story-based character from ARMA2, OA, BAF and PMC like asano, frost and more.

2. In Arma2:CO, there are two versions of MI-24D - Takistani and CDF

In both CDF and Takistani MI-24D, the Falanga missiles are in Takistani skin. But originally, CDF MI-24D has Grey Falanga missiles and Takistani MI-24D has Takistani Falanga missiles

I hope this problem will fixed.

if you can, make the ability to change roundels of any vehicle like from USMC roundel in F-35 to CDF roundel in F-35.

Edited by Cobra5000

I'am hoping for a fix to the A.I. conversation system (Smalltalk) for both, OA missing target reports and no smalltalk function at all for A2 units.

The first issue is broken since 1.50 and the later function was removed in 1.58.

Is there any need to update ArmA II with RC2 manually when RC1 was applied already?

Yes! Follow Dwarden's instructions here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2069611&postcount=2

He says data has changed for RC2 even though the version # is the same as in RC1.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2069993&postcount=32

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I installed RC2 over RC1. I still see no malloc dll folder next to exes. On start, OA version is 1.60.86882. Is that ok? Should we still run beta 87136 over RC2?

Above was confusion caused by re-release and re-installation of RC1. I am about to install the second, real RC2 now. :rolleyes:

Posts above say that real RC2 patches to 1.60.87147, so fixes in beta 87136 are included, I assume. 87136 was obsoleted by RC2 in less than two hours! :cool:

Edited by OMAC

my post says that A2 patch must be done by everyone manually (unless You see A2 patched in your dialog)

i tested myself Desura and STEAM release and the A2 fail to update (yet if i invoke the A2 patch manually it works fine)

so imo it's global issue and RC2 will fail to patch A2 to everyone (probably some commented line or so in patch setup)

OA, BAF and PMC patch are w/o issue from my testing

also signatures and binary update should be ok, if not then You either have wrong file (RC1 instead of RC2) or the update didn't went correctly

Thanks for the info. I just installed RC2 over RC1 without a manual A2 patch, and A2 is now at 1.11.86734, so I guess RC1 patched A2 just fine.

I am 100% good to go, all sigs/keys are a-ok (sigcheck dump posted in other thread), malloc=tbb4 going strong. Excellent work. :D :cool:

Thanks for the info. I just installed RC2 over RC1 without a manual A2 patch, and A2 is now at 1.11.86734, so I guess RC1 patched A2 just fine.

I am 100% good to go, all sigs/keys are a-ok (sigcheck dump posted in other thread), malloc=tbb4 going strong. Excellent work. :D :cool:

there were changes in A2 data, please use the patch for A2 from RC2 patch to slap over :cool:

Oh! OK, will do. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

------------------

Done. I'll re-run the sig checks just in case.......yep, all bisigns check out ok.

Edited by OMAC

Sorry, for strange question, but: whether to wait for 1.60 release this year? :)

Thank you.

Sorry, for strange question, but: whether to wait for 1.60 release this year? :)

Thank you.

In case it is not released untill 24.12.11 I woulnd not wait for it any longer...for now im happy with RC..if only more server admins would use it...like Spayker's W.A.S.P. does.

In case it is not released untill 24.12.11 I woulnd not wait for it any longer...for now im happy with RC..if only more server admins would use it...like Spayker's W.A.S.P. does.

Yeah, 1.60 RC works fine with linux server v1.60. But other servers still have 1.59 (I mean warfare servers). So, official release of 1.60 patch prob. will solve this situation :)

I decided to wait for the final 1.60 patch but I would like to ask something. What is the best thing with the latest beta? Do you guys notice better performance? Better online gaming?

Please write and tell us in detail what we can expect from the 1.60 patch.

Thank you

Yes I read it but Im asking for personal experience and not for a list of changes.

Its not the same thing I guess.

Yes I read it but Im asking for personal experience and not for a list of changes.

Its not the same thing I guess.

It's better online gaming, much reduced lag effects, no visible warping, better performance. Even fast jets and vehicles travel smoothly. Multiplayer feels like a whole new game. When using iron sights you are able to hit targets more easily as +300m they are where they appear to be. I love it and we have it on my teams Server.

DEVs not sure if there is some pressing reason why this has to be out for Xmas day but don't kill yourselves with work trying to finish it. We can wait till January it's no big deal! It's a very complex patch - when it's ready it's ready?

"A2 patch must be done by everyone manually" :eek:

Where is it ?

I have two file in the .zip : the readme file and ARMA2OA_Patch_1_60RC2.exe

hey guys,

mabye i got something wrong but i encountered problems the other way round (installing RC2 on a 1.59 directly). I got signaturecheck errors and couldnt connect on servers.

I found out that in latest RC2 build the file weapons_pmc.pbo is missing but the new bisign files were there. So i extracted RC1 build and got the weapons_pmc.pbo and was good to go and could connect again. Maybe others didnt encounter it cuz they applyed RC1 package before (or i was dumb and didnt read that i had to install RC1 first?) :)

guidance!

hey guys,

mabye i got something wrong but i encountered problems the other way round (installing RC2 on a 1.59 directly). I got signaturecheck errors and couldnt connect on servers.

I found out that in latest RC2 build the file weapons_pmc.pbo is missing but the new bisign files were there. So i extracted RC1 build and got the weapons_pmc.pbo and was good to go and could connect again. Maybe others didnt encounter it cuz they applyed RC1 package before (or i was dumb and didnt read that i had to install RC1 first?) :)

guidance!

i seem to have the same problem. fresh install of ARMA II + OA + BAF + PMC and then installed 1.60RC2 straight away, cant join any servers. Either kicked right away or session lost.

would you able to explain me how i can get the weapons_pmc.pbo out of the RC1? thanks

oooh unzip the main .exe ... I didn't know that :p Thanks for the info

Have a good week end all. :cheers:

I think RCs should not be released as tests or betas. The RCs just kind of confuse the whole process by making you think it will come out. The additions are nice as well, but they should be released as betas and then once a beta seems to be working as best as possible, then that's when you make a full official patch that just updates everything to 1.60.xxxxx (or at this point maybe 1.61 for the 'fix it all' patch).

I think RCs should not be released as tests or betas. The RCs just kind of confuse the whole process by making you think it will come out. The additions are nice as well, but they should be released as betas and then once a beta seems to be working as best as possible, then that's when you make a full official patch that just updates everything to 1.60.xxxxx (or at this point maybe 1.61 for the 'fix it all' patch).

This process has been going on along time and betas are released more than any other developer out there. The RC exists for a reason... Because BIS has the finest community around and they help the development of this game engine that has been in development for over 10 years. You will know when the final official 1.6 is released. And I don't think 1.61 will be in the works as Arma 3 is kinda heavy on their plate. 1.6 is the "Final" patch. They are putting the finishing touches on it right now. Hense the whole RC1, RC2 and so on.