Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #2 (Release Candidate)

1.think main problem that people trying to use mods with latest rc and mods are not compatible with it.

2.Also we not have enough servers to test.Only 1 public server now working with RC (WASP) and warfare maps loaded on it.I played like 5-6 times approx 1 hour and not noticed any unusual problems.

i found a gamestopper with switchable units again, maybe its not to late to include it in RC3 1.60? didnt find existing ticket :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26994

I concur, if you are the team leader and team switch into another unit, the team is now without leadership. Needs something like what's behind the calls of "I'm the new actual"

-OP

@ Thor632

The camera scripts need to be updated. They need to use visiblePosition instead position/getPos.

i found a gamestopper with switchable units again, maybe its not to late to include it in RC3 1.60? didnt find existing ticket :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26994

I concur, if you are the team leader and team switch into another unit, the team is now without leadership. Needs something like what's behind the calls of "I'm the new actual"

-OP

This is not a problem. One of the most annoying things with the game for a long time has been that if you are the squad leader and temporarily switch to another soldier (maybe to place a sniper or machine gunner exactly in a good firing position in preparation for an assault, for instance) then the AI takes over the squad and starts giving orders, ruining your setup.

If this has been fixed, then that is wonderful. If you are team leader and temporarily switch roles, your squad should just wait until you take command again, not continue the mission on their own.

IMO, team switching should not be used to permanently take on another role in the squad. If that is the case, then I can see how it might be a problem that the AI will not continue with the mission. But then it is better to choose another role before the mission starts.

Edited by Johan S

Installed 1.60 RC2 from 1.59

manually updated ArmA to 1.11 as per instructions.

1.60 87147 Crashes on launch with the message: ArmA 2 REINFORCEMENTS has stopped working.

1.11 86734 Crashes on launch with the message: ArmA 2 has stopped working.

Both crash after about the 3rd tick on the loading bar.

Installed the Beta 1.60 87136

Beta launches and runs fine.

Running on a laptop P170MHx

i7-2720QM

8GB RAM

GeForce 460M (drivers 8.17.12.8562 15/OCT/2011)

No Crash dumps.

Yes, had a dsound.dll, removed it.

Launches and runs OK now, can't believe I didn't think of that.

Jlib updates automatically, even without SU! :) Why didn't his update properly?

The last time I ran SU, I don't think ACRE could be converted to SU format. Is that normal?

Jlib updates automatically, even without SU! :) Why didn't his update properly?

But ACRE doesn't. And Jaylib only updates it's dll's. Perhaps too old?

The last time I ran SU, I don't think ACRE could be converted to SU format. Is that normal?

Doesn't sound normal no, how about report with actual details? http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

This is not a problem. One of the most annoying things with the game for a long time has been that if you are the squad leader and temporarily switch to another soldier (maybe to place a sniper or machine gunner exactly in a good firing position in preparation for an assault, for instance) then the AI takes over the squad and starts giving orders, ruining your setup.

If this has been fixed, then that is wonderful. If you are team leader and temporarily switch roles, your squad should just wait until you take command again, not continue the mission on their own.

IMO, team switching should not be used to permanently take on another role in the squad. If that is the case, then I can see how it might be a problem that the AI will not continue with the mission. But then it is better to choose another role before the mission starts.

I agree for the most part, but it would be nice if there was a command to return AI ability when needed. This would be useful in testing.

There is a work around anyway but it's just as it's a bit clumsy to use.

Just place in a gamelogic and don't start as leader

onTeamSwitch "selectPlayer (leader _from); {_x doFollow leader _from} foreach units _from; selectPlayer _to;"; 

Not sure if this has been posted already but original PMC does not work:

Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\pmc\addons\characters_pmc.pbo

No problem with RC1->RC2 installation.

Edited by svenson

@ Thor632

The camera scripts need to be updated. They need to use visiblePosition instead position/getPos.

Ok, thanks for the explanation :)

and the other question the eyes balls dissapear in the deaths corpses?

only in expansion Arma2+OA+BAF+PMC

Arma 2 no problem with the eyes

I'm not sure if this already been reported or its an older issue but the default AI is totally dumb sometimes.

I've made a simple test in a city with several enemy groups having some "aggressive" waypoints (Open fire - Engage at will, Aware/Combat etc) and most of the times they run around me trying to find cover! Is freaking funny, instead of shooting they run around.

Why dont you just make it the old "Doom" way? I mean they see you and they have a direct line of fire, they shoot, especially at short distances. Most of the intelligent beings (including animals) act this way, they perform a direct atac if they see you and they are close enough. Simpler is better sometimes.

(1.60RC2, Arrowhead executable, enemy skills around 40%, Combined Operations, no mods)

Edited by afp

I'm not sure if this already been reported or its an older issue but the default AI is totally dumb sometimes.

I've made a simple test in a city with several enemy groups having some "aggressive" waypoints (Open fire - Engage at will, Aware/Combat etc) and most of the times they run around me trying to find cover! Is freaking funny, instead of shooting they run around.

Why dont you just make it the old "Doom" way? I mean they see you and they have a direct line of fire, they shoot, especially at short distances. Most of the intelligent beings (including animals) act this way, they perform a direct atac if they see you and they are close enough. Simpler is better sometimes.

(1.60RC2, Arrowhead executable, enemy skills around 40%)

So, you're dumbing them down to the level of bunnies and you're are not impressed with their performance? Set their skill to 100 percent and reiterate your test ...

EDIT: Damn' ninjas ... :D

Im talking about a flaw in algorithm, they shouldn't act like this even at 0%.

Edited by afp

A few months ago there was a fix in one of betas after which they shoot at me the moment they see me, no matter the skill settings so I don't know.

I saw them acting bad like that only when using SLX or Zeus

You are welcome to create a CIT ticket with a repro mission as I'm interested in seeing what's going on with your AI.

Disable all Mods and try again, and also try the 100% skill.

If you are still running into issues, create a repro mission and steps on CIT, as metalcraze pointed out.

Did a test where AI squad created using group menu - meaning lowest skill - enters the village while I stand behind the building ~70m away. I waited for a few seconds while they kept incoming then ran at them - after a second of a direct visual contact a barrage of bullets started coming my way and only a quick dash to the nearby building saved me.

Also when I was standing behind the building bullets kept incoming at that corner meaning AI also tried to suppress that corner (this is for that "AI either hits or doesn't shoot" myth)

That's with 0-10% skill AI and vanilla 1.60RC2 - no mods at all.

Not all of them and always but sometimes. For example there is one of them who's flanking or coming from your back while you're not in direct line of sight of many others. I had one running right towards me then getting past me almost touching me, trying to find cover behind. Some others turned around right in front of me at 6-7 m and found cover after a corner and started shooting. Actually it was funny, still it needs fixing.

You cant perform these tests alone with skill 1. I'll make a movie if I have time, I managed to reproduce it quite often.

I did another test with AIs moving less than 20m away. It took them one second to react and shoot me.

Again if you can reproduce it quite often as you say - create a repro mission and post it on CIT if you want anyone to look into it. Because I'm unable to reproduce.