Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #2 (Release Candidate)

1.6 is the "Final" patch.

Really? Where did you hear that?

Really? Where did you hear that?

I'm not saying they won't come out with another patch. I was only responding to the other guys post. I personally don't think that another patch is in there pipeline as Arma 3 is so close. If all goes well with the 1.6 patch then there "should" be no reason for any additional patches.

And BIS is very busy with ToH patches as well. However, even with ToH and A3, seeing how BIS devs work, I wouldn't rule out 1.61, especially as they use the OA patches to test future A3 ideas. ;) :cool:

A quick question as I'm a bit confused with all these pacthes and betas..been holding off until the final release but after updating ACE on my server looks like I need to use the most recent RC as I get errors now and says I need 1.6..so not having previously installed any betas or any RC's do I just need to run the latest RC2? Thanks..and thanks for staying on top of patches even tho the Devs are busy with A3 and TOH..dont see that kind of committment from game creators.

JC

All is possible. Not all is probable.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

A quick question as I'm a bit confused with all these pacthes and betas..been holding off until the final release but after updating ACE on my server looks like I need to use the most recent RC as I get errors now and says I need 1.6..so not having previously installed any betas or any RC's do I just need to run the latest RC2? Thanks..and thanks for staying on top of patches even tho the Devs are busy with A3 and TOH..dont see that kind of committment from game creators.

JC

If the server you play on has gone to 1.6 then you need to as well, to play there. Grab RC2 and it should work just fine for ya. Keep an eye out for betas as well. Once you install 1.6 you will not be able to connect to anything other than servers running 1.6

Thanks for the reply..issue is even just starting the game not trying to join any server I get the error I need ace etc etc to play..I actually have a small dedicated server and updated that with ACE as well and its still at 1.59..but just starting the game gives me error that I need 1.6 after the ace update

JC

PS Also I have ftp access to my server remotely so if I were to update that to 1.6 when I get my issue figured out how is that done?

I'm not current on ACE, but from what you're saying the ACE mod must have been updated to the latest 1.6 patch and so yes you would need to update arma for ACE to work. Apparently there are some major differences between 1.59 and 1.6 and the ACE guys keep very current with their development.

Ok cool..so I will run the 1.6 for my machine..but what is the process to update to RC2 for the server I have..I have remote ftp access as I rent it from AOWC and they wont update until its released as an official "Patch"..thanks again for the replies!

JC

My suggestion is to roll back your ACE to the previous version then, cause you won't be able to get your server updated till the official patch is released. Go with 1.6 on your client machine and have access to the online server and not to your own or keep 1.59 and roll back ACE on your client side to have access to your server but not the online server you play on.

One or the other...

Thanks for the reply..so how do I rollback to perevious ace version?

As a side note I think its a bad idea for ace to basically force you to use the new RC..I find it hard to believe that Im the only one in this situation...Its no wonder over half the servers in the lobby say "creating". Thanks for the reply AJAX much appreciated.

JC

Can't help ya more than that. Try this... Not all servers running ACE updated to 1.6 and are probably running the older ACE as well. Use the SixUpdater and connect to another server that is still running 1.59 and download the previous older ACE from their FTP server. I haven't used the SixUpdater in a while but that should be possible.

Get the older ACE files off of a server still running 1.59 that uses the SixUpdater. It will probably tell you that the addons you want are older than the ones you have but pay no mind and DL the older ones.

You can also run multiple instances of the ACE mod. Just make two separate addon folders and put the older ACE mod version in its own folder and launch the game with the one you need for the moment. After the 1.6 release just delete the old stuff.

Thanks...will try finding older version of ACE..also asked in the ACE thread about this so maybe will get an answer...what a pain in the ass with all these updates and especially now that ACE seems to REQUIRE you to use 1.6 Thanks again AJAX.

JC

for these who have problem patch manually STEAM release

the DLCs will be always overwritten by older install available on STEAM

the workaround exist tho, after You apply RC2, You rename \DLCsetup\ directory to e.g. \DLCsetup.old\

also You need to disable first automatic file upgrades for A2, OA, BAF, PMC

install RC2 if You really know what You doing otherwise You end with massive downloads on STEAM

There are still some annoying things that could be fixed. My pet gripe is the use of only half a throttle axis for aircraft (yes I know there is a work around).

I think this patch is about ready to go though. Bring on 1.60!

Can any one tell me what the New Helicopter/Jet Ground effect is? I see no difference!

it basically simulates an aircushion under the aircraft at very low altitude. But to really notice it you need to use analogue input on throttle.

I'm not saying they won't come out with another patch. I was only responding to the other guys post. I personally don't think that another patch is in there pipeline as Arma 3 is so close. If all goes well with the 1.6 patch then there "should" be no reason for any additional patches.

Betas should continue, and there's a chance another patch might get released before A3, matter of simply wait and see.

Find that tanks will be stuttered among low walls or buildings, sometimes it will even show its buttom to sky when it trys to pass a low wall but failed.

T90 is buggy when I'm testing in Bear Rising. It can't move in small and complex terrain and it flys into the mid-air after being shotted by an enemy tank sabot in close distance.

T72 also, it will be totally damaged when he is passing a pond.

Find that tanks will be stuttered among low walls or buildings, sometimes it will even show its buttom to sky when it trys to pass a low wall but failed.

T90 is buggy when I'm testing in Bear Rising. It can't move in small and complex terrain and it flys into the mid-air after being shotted by an enemy tank sabot in close distance.

T72 also, it will be totally damaged when he is passing a pond.

Please add details, repro mission etc; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26986

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-bug

when going to fix camera jumps (for example GCAM mission follow vehicles and persons)?

and some animations and dead bodies lose eyes textures? the eye are empty

someone else has these bugs?

sorry for my bad English :j: