Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Coop Tournament

Lightspeed,

I'm late on this new thread, but we at PXS are very interested in a COOP tournament for ArmA2. I'll read the back posts now.

In the old days of the real Ghost Recon, Alpha Squad hosted/held Ghost Recon COOP Tournaments called Stealth Recon. They were epic missions and adventures. It would be so refreshing for the COOP seen in ArmA2 to have a good solid COOP Tournament.

silent_op

still progressing on the mission sample - trying to get it as professional as possible including developing a Briefings Page which teams can study prior to insertion. i think i will create a new thread for the mission brief.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Mission Briefing WIP - (trying to get the format right here - feel free to comment on possible changes/improvements)

---------

Time: 06:00

Date: 10 January 2012

Weather Conditions: Clear

Mission CodeName: Crocodile Feather

Conflict Background:Welcome to Africa gentlemen - certainly makes a change from the European winter of Podagorsk. You better get used to the heat, sweat and dust quickly too because we're going to be here for a while. As you know, the Molation army declared war on Afrene amost 12 months ago and after fierce fighting along the borders the Molatian forces have gradually established a foothold in the small nation to the south. The United Nations strongly condemned the actions of Molatia and deployed a peacekeeping force to the region in an attempt to minimise the violence and protect the locals. This included setting up a refugee camp in the heart of Afrene as a safe haven for displaced civilians. Three days ago, Molation General Adongo Azubuike marched on the camp and slaughtered several hundred civilians including women and children. Twelve UN Peacekeepers were also killed trying to protect the camp. Yesterday, General Adongo spoke to his forces and demanded that they follow his lead and cleanse Afrene of all natives. It's going to be a blood bath if we don't act now and that is why you have been called here today.

Mission Overview:Currently, the West has no presence in Afrene and Molatian forces have secured the main city of Kinsella, most surrounding towns and all air and sea ports in the region. They also have a formidable air defence comprised predominantly of Russian Mig's. This does not leave us many options for establishing a base of operations in Afrene. Your primary objective is to secure Aeroporto Tasmera located in the sth-east of Afrene and prepare the way for the rest of the troops. To achieve this you will insert by zodiac at dawn along the lightly patrolled coastline, carry out recon, and ultimately, secure the airport.

Mission Objectives:

Primary:

1. Secure Airport

Secondary:

1. Disable Outpost Communications

2. Destroy Anti-Aircraft Unit

Here is a map of the AO detailing your insertion and objectives for the mission.

mapview.th.jpg

There are several small buildings, two aircraft hangars and a control tower located at the airfield. Make sure you clear all of these areas of opfor. We have also spotted an enemy chopper parked on the base which could become a serious threat to your mission if it gets airborne - you are clear to destroy this vehicle and any others deemed to be a threat to your primary objective.

airportaerial.th.jpg

Situated south of the airport is a small Molatian military outpost which is home to about a dozen opfor units. Inside the base is a communications tower which will be used to call in reinforcements if things go hot at the airport. You are advised to disable the comms tower and eliminate any enemy units before assaulting the airport.

aerialoutpost.th.jpg

Aerial surveillance has also detected a Shilka Anti-Aircraft unit sth-east of the airport. You will need to destroy this unit which will enable us to send in our troops by air once you have secured the airport. It is lightly protected by several 3-4 man squads which are patrolling the sth-eastern district.

aerialshilka.th.jpg

General Information:

9-man Spec Ops team codename Zulu-1 will insert.

Pre-assigned weapons plus ammobox with limited additional weapons available.

Vanilla Arma2 (at this stage)

Revives (medic only - 8 revives??) + Team Leader (2 Revives???) - this is likely to be reduced to max 4 or 5 revives.

The AO consists of a number of waterways interspersed between a number of small hills. The hills should enable your team to carry out effective recon of the AO. The waterways should enable the team to infiltrate effectively while maintaining stealth.

aerialwaterways.th.jpg

Enemy Strength:

Airport:

Infantry - multiple 3-4 man patrols (max 12 units).

SA.34MT Gazelle Helicopter (grounded) - possible air threat.

Outpost: (sth of airport)

Infantry (max 12 units including fixed guns).

Possible vehicle with mounted gun.

Known Target: Shilka (sth-east of airport)

Additional:

Confirmed: Several 3-4 man Infantry Patrols - east/sth-east of airport (max 12 units).

Possible: Reinforcements from towns Ursana and Kirabo.

Priority Arms Requirements:

MAAWS (2 rounds)

Democharges (1 round)

Special Mission Requirements:

nil.

Emergency Evac Details:

Mission Compromised: Extraction by zodiac to the east.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Revives? You are not going to use revive are you?

I have a question about problems with the server or mission or player screw ups at the beginning. If I recall in FCM there was a 1 time mission restart within 1 min in case of problems. Will this hold true now? Also will we be playing in vet mode? No tags, no crosshairs? When do you expect to have everything finalized and the full list of rules posted along with the calender just so we know how long we have to round up a team?

If I or my clan can be of any assistance please feel free to ask. Feel free to email me at muerte@lol-clowns.com or PM here or on our website www.nakedsquid.com.

Thanks this sounds like it could be lots of fun.

I am actually looking to remove the revive and introduce the ACE revive to make it as authentic as possible.

Would you consider removing all revives and just using the ACE2 wounding system? I think it would make everyone move with extreme care.

However a 2 minute into the mission restart should be allowed, in the event of a lost connection or some other form of gremlin.

silent_op

yes I will use ACE2 wounding system only - but not doing any work on this at present. Im enjoying a break from Arma2 and may even hang out for Arma3 b4 I get really serious about this.

revive is still a good option, just have to have penalty for them? But all squad members getting out alive is paramount?

i will work out some sort of Revive option so that Medic has a defined role but it will not be a walk in the park. I will see (I think it is) if it's possible to set a revived players health at less than full health so they can still continue mission but have a sketchy reticule for example.

what i have done is set Mission Completion into a Radio Trigger the idea being that when the team has completed all (or as many objectives) as they think they can complete they will hit the Radio button to end mission and calculate score. The team must then take a screenshot of the score and also looking at a recording replays option to prove how they performed during the mission.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

there will be a maximum of 8 players allowed to insert into a mission (minimum 6 to have any chance of success) but your team could comprise of up to 15 players (which allows for the fact that it's not always easy to get 8 ppl online to play a mission at the same time).

just to be clear - ACE2 wounding system is still a Revive imho - it's still the ability to bring someone back who would otherwise be dead. Just more complex, fancy and time consuming.

revive is still a good option, just have to have penalty for them? But all squad members getting out alive is paramount?

I'd like revive if only it could be properly implemented. It looks so clunky. But if we must have it, we need to give a big points bonus to those doing the reviving. It's a big risk going to the aid of a man down and scoring should reflect that.

Well the scores are earned by the team for completing objectives - they will have limited number of revives available to them and if their Medic goes down they have no revive ability.

So you don't get points for reviving but if you use your revives up and lose men then it limits your ability to complete objectives and earn points.