Sign in to follow this  
whiteruck437

do OFP mods work in Arma

hey I'm just wondering do the OFP mods work in Arma?

I've been looking for British Armered vehicals for Arma and I've not been able to find any. I've fond some for OFP and some for ARMA2 but I can't find them for Arma.

Most don't - you need to know what you're doing with configs and models, etc to get them to work and also need the permission of the author...

The good OFP addons - the creators have already said "no" to conversion or have moved on. The lesser ones don't look good in ArmA anyway...

fair enough. do you know if you can get Arma2 addons to work in Arma?

just seems strange to have British Vehicals for OFP and Arma2 but not for Arma

I don't think it 's legal to do that and also A2 models are more complex than A1 models...

Have you got the UK landrovers and WMIKs that can downloaded? That'd be a good start if you're after some Brit kit?

Cheers

fair enough. do you know if you can get Arma2 addons to work in Arma?

just seems strange to have British Vehicals for OFP and Arma2 but not for Arma

Some config things are different, and the shaders are different. Most arma 2 addons use the super shader RVMAT which is not present in ArmA.

It isn't permitted to port official addons in any form to any other form without BIS's direct consent. It is not permitted to use the example models to port backwards, or across product lines, without direct consent. And, it is not permitted to port unofficial addons without the consent of the original authors.

Additionally, the license of some community addons specify which games the developer has developed the addon for, and the license must be respected.

hey I'm just wondering do the OFP mods work in Arma?

I've been looking for British Armered vehicals for Arma and I've not been able to find any. I've fond some for OFP and some for ARMA2 but I can't find them for Arma.

why not purchase Arma2?

I did and my computer isn't powerful enough to handel it and I havn't got the cash to upgrade or buy a new compter. I'll just have to wait until I do.

I did and my computer isn't powerful enough to handel it and I havn't got the cash to upgrade or buy a new compter. I'll just have to wait until I do.

Same boat as you bro!!! stick to what you know... Arma one didnt have enough time to be exploited to it's full potential anyway!!!

BTW, i am doing what i can with the unfinnished Falklands stuff... and trying to do some realistic battle reinactments on there.

I agree, A1 is a great game and I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking with it!

A1 Forever! :cool: