Sign in to follow this  
eble

Iranian's release video of captured UAV

Or maybe thousands of miniturised americans will pop out tonight and open the up border.

Trojan Horse anyone?

It would be a clever way to track where it goes to be examined.

Problem with "someone" listening inside of the drone network was know since September. Maybe the US Forces just gets outsmarted now, something that wold rally fit the Iranians and make belive 2nd generation exile-Persians currently at Universities all around the world...just like the Chinese do. I sared my room for 3 years with a persian exile but depite he fleed in the 80's he always talked about "home" in Isfahan.

Problem with "someone" listening inside of the drone network was know since September. Maybe the US Forces just gets outsmarted now, something that wold rally fit the Iranians and make belive 2nd generation exile-Persians currently at Universities all around the world...just like the Chinese do.

Education freedom, huh?

Well, put it simply, I don't heard much about the oversea study will be nationalized and not allow outsiders for application. But most of the research facilities are do.

Education freedom, huh?

Well, put it simply, I don't heard much about the oversea study will be nationalized and not allow outsiders for application. But most of the research facilities are do.

Dysta, when I was enrolled to study civil engineering back in 2001 I had at least 3 classmates from china in the courses. China, not Hong Kong not taiwan. Nowadays chiniese visitors coem here at least once a month to visit the Volkswagen Plant and half of them speack german fluidly...guess why...they made their engineer grades here in germany and got funded by chinese government to do so. I dont know who funded the Iranians we had in the courses because I rarely had contcat with them except my roommate, but we had some. And dont forget that the 9/11 Terrorist Atta was enrolled to german university in Hamburg too. Edited by Beagle

I think it lost its ability to think and promptly turned to Islam. Pretty standard.

Take some time off to think about what you said

Some say that the thing was a mockup, that's why it took them so long to show it to the media.

If it was "Shot down" then how the f... can it still be undestroyed?

Not a wound seen on it too...

Smells fake propaganda by Ayatollah!

Some say that the thing was a mockup, that's why it took them so long to show it to the media.
SO why die NATO confirm a lost UAV...was that UAV also a mockup. US is so silent about the topic like only once during the gary Powers U2 debacle.

If you look at the video, it does seem the wings have been re-attached, we can't see the underside of the UAV.

and honestly wtf would the Iranians being doing with a mock up, exactly what would that prove?

I think the translation of what they did is being lost, they said "we shot it down" what they probably meant was "we took it over and landed it".

They mention a few times about a new electronic warfare unit being deployed...

People just need to accept that this UAV is in Iranian hands simple, no if no but's.

As the US hasn't tried destroying the UAV or even using it as a reason to try, we can only assume it wasn't pary of a master plan to draw the Iranian's into a conflict.

At best it was an Error with the UAV at worst the Iranian truly have an Electronic warfare unit capable of taking over UAV's in there own airspace.

Lets not forget this thing was above one of the Iranian Cities.

If it was "Shot down" then how the f... can it still be undestroyed?

Not a wound seen on it too...

Smells fake propaganda by Ayatollah!

I think we can pretty much guarentee that both Iran an the US are lying their arses off like there is no tomorrow about this one.

Disinformation is all part of the game.

I think we can pretty much guarentee that both Iran an the US are lying their arses off like there is no tomorrow about this one.

Disinformation is all part of the game.

But the iranians have a US UAV and the US is silenced now, exactly like back then in 1960 when out of the sudden it was proofed that the USAFwas not invulnerable anymore.

History just repeats again.

I think the translation of what they did is being lost, they said "we shot it down" what they probably meant was "we took it over and landed it".

They mention a few times about a new electronic warfare unit being deployed...

At best it was an Error with the UAV at worst the Iranian truly have an Electronic warfare unit capable of taking over UAV's in there own airspace.

According to this source (watch out! It's in Polish!), Iranians have jammed UAV's radio or whatever it uses to communicate with base. After that, plane's computer decided to perform automatic landing (RQ-170 is said to have such ability, well many UAVs do so), and then Iranians captured it.

Question of UAV being damaged - on the video we can't see bottom of the plane, probably it landed in rough terrain and could've got damaged.

eee

Where is this thread leading to?

Ok. Iran got a US UAV ...

No, they didn't ...

???

The only thing I've heard before from "drones" was that Afghans ambushed a NATO convoy towards Pakistan border cause they were blaming those unmanned control vehicles for their massive losses or such... at least, that's what i read on press...

But, which is the point of this topic?

Some UAVs have a malfunctioning software

Iran and/or its Allies have some "new" hacking tools

US might be concerned about having to update its current technology

Other guys have already updated their technology

According to this source (watch out! It's in Polish!), Iranians have jammed UAV's radio or whatever it uses to communicate with base. After that, plane's computer decided to perform automatic landing (RQ-170 is said to have such ability, well many UAVs do so), and then Iranians captured it.

Question of UAV being damaged - on the video we can't see bottom of the plane, probably it landed in rough terrain and could've got damaged.

But why?

Would'nt it be better if it nosedived into the groud? Or at least could be pre set depending on its mission.

If the thing was flying over Iraq or Afganistan where it could be recovered i can see why. But Iran? They would never be able to get it back and they know it. Could'nt they have programmed the thing to do the best job possible of destroying itself?

Who would program it to automatically land when it loses communication?

It's a safe bet that atleast 90% of the time, drones are going to be flying in hostile areas. Making it land automatically if it loses communication in a hostile zone seems rather stupid. I mean, that's just asking for trouble.

if it was not shot down and just lost connection to base my bet would be it just glided down, not with any computer telling it to do so, just the shape of the frame

Hi all

I think that there is some probability that marketing speak by the contractors may have lead the Military to have a misconception about the security of the UAV and its communications systems.

Hyperbole and techno-babble seems to abound in such quarters.

Still now the government can sue them to get the tax payers money back.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

But why?

Would'nt it be better if it nosedived into the groud? Or at least could be pre set depending on its mission.

Could'nt they have programmed the thing to do the best job possible of destroying itself?

If you'd translate that article, you'd see that they also ask this question - why it wasn't destroyed.

@djfluffwug

Automatic landing ability is standard in many UAVs. Thing is that this comes mainly in small planes, or ones which are not autonomous (only landing is performed self by UAV). My bet is that automatic landing after loosing connection was left in software (mistakenly, or maybe not?) before it was adopted by army.

One thing we know is that Iran have working RQ-170 in their's hands.

@Slatts

Remember that RQ-170 is said to be an autonomous UAV - with ability to self program it's mission in whole. I think that gliding was possible only if the engine had stopped - such kind of vehicle is bound to have some kind of stabilizer/auto-pilot to maintain straight flight.

On the other hand engine failure theory (without loosing contact with operator) is also possible, but then why the US haven't tried to bring the plane somewhere near Afghanistan or Iraq to capture it?

They won´t get it back.
They might get it back, after 67 days in single parts in crates labeled in chinese letters.

Shortly after we can admire some design change in the J-20 stealth Fighter and a revision of the Sukhoi T-50 on YouTube ;)

They might get it back, after 67 days in single parts in crates labeled in chinese letters.

Shortly after we can admire some design change in the J-20 stealth Fighter and a revision of the Sukhoi T-50 on YouTube ;)

Not sure the J20 would change shape, but you might see a new stealth skin for it.

All this stealth talk is mute, stealth was so last year in terms of tech, I'm sure new radar systems have been tweaked to counter the stealth features of most US aircraft.

The F117 was taken out of service once it's profile was known, the RQ-170 will be the same they'll have to make something else.

But the Iranian, have quite advanced UAV tech themselves, this just gave them a massive leap forward.

Sakura_Chan said it best - So that is the international equivalent of loosing your Frisbee on your creepy neighbor's roof.

This really is the international version of 'they annoying neighbour kicking a ball against your wall for 30 years then saying can I have my ball back please'.

Outright funny if it wasn't so serious really.

Edited by Eble

Oh well, good luck to them trying to steal whatever tech was in it, they can't even manage to make decent missiles even when the Russians gave them the blueprints. Their Photoshop skills are a little more impressive however.

Oh well, good luck to them trying to steal whatever tech was in it, they can't even manage to make decent missiles even when the Russians gave them the blueprints. Their Photoshop skills are a little more impressive however.
Do not underestimate Iran, the US already did. Iran is no poor 3rd world country you can overrun is 2 weeks.

Ald remeber that is took less than 2 years from bringing home a Sidewinder stuck in a chinese MiG-15 till the deployment of the russian K-13 missile. The Chinese have absolutely mastered reverse egineering since then and I wou,ld guess that in any western drone the electronics components have made "in china" stamped on it like 99 % of all comsumer PCs iPads, iPhones and notebooks , etc today.

Edited by Beagle