Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

High Command - Weapon Teams Command Script (control MG and Mortar Teams)

OK here's a suggestion that will increase the visual part of a script.

When teams are assigned but not deployed - soldiers should carry packed weapons on their backs (vanilla ArmA2 has backpacks for MGs, I think for mortars too).

Simply add those backpacks when packed and remove when unpacked. Then add them back when packed again. Should be simple to do but will look more natural than soldiers getting weapons out of thin air.

yup I already have this part working with OA backpacks, each member carries a backpack in order of [tripod - gun bag - repeat] pattern. I havent updated the links yet, I will once I resolve machine gun ammo count.

and it really sucks that russian army and gue cant wear back packs :(

will update the script once I get the machine gun ammo count working.

They can with ACE mod.

You can release an ACE version for that (it just uses a different command for adding backpacks but it's just as simple)

In fact ACE also has some AI functions for crew served weapons that may come in handy, but I never ever used them so I don't know what exactly do they do.

They can with ACE mod.

You can release an ACE version for that (it just uses a different command for adding backpacks but it's just as simple)

In fact ACE also has some AI functions for crew served weapons that may come in handy, but I never ever used them so I don't know what exactly do they do.

that will be the next step - getting it to work with ace backpack system.

script updated with backpacks from OA and machine gun ammo count. First post updated

If you do an ACE version will there be problems with the ace mortar system? Its different than generic I believe.

Well I've played with the script and ACE so clearly it's still possible to use vanilla system.

I think what this script needs is a little bit more dispersion of mortar rounds.

Well I've played with the script and ACE so clearly it's still possible to use vanilla system.

I think what this script needs is a little bit more dispersion of mortar rounds.

yea, right now the mortar rounds are really too accurate, and doesnt give much of an offer to saturate an area with fire, I am going to add this in, as well as rotating the static weapon (it gets frustrating trying to setup an mg, only to see its looking the other way)

Hi there, thanks for this great script. Ive been trying it in multiplayer, I set up a second set of scripts 'weaponteamscripts2' so the west side has a seperate command structure. Problem I have in MP on a LAN for testing is, Both teams can get command of the mortars and get them to deploy. The East team can blaze away as normal and scare the bejesus out of the West side. However the West team cannot fire, keep getting "out of range" message ? Any thoughts on MP.

Edit, cancel that, It's not entirely accurate, If the Host plays West you can blaze away but the East guys, your originals cannot fire. So its not side specific it seems to be MP related ? Basically Host can shoot, secondary player on LAN can deploy but gets "out of range" alert and has to duck the incoming. Is it wrong to sit here shelling myself ? :)

Edit again, ignore the first bit about second scripts, that was a mistake on my part, there seems no need to do that (dont know what I was thinking ?) So with the original mission I added High command to the west side, Named the High Command module

BIS_HC_1 and added this in the init,

BIS_HC_1 setvariable ["chainofcommand",true]; nul = [[g5,g6]] execVM "WeaponTeamScript\WeaponTeamInit.sqf"

thats what gets me the commands for the West side, deployment and orders, G5 and G6 are the West mortar teams

Edited by nickmow

I really appreciate the effort put into this. Thank you! Btw I think it has been mentioned that this works well in mp. I have tried it with each side in Hc mode using Invasion 44. It also works well with two players on the same side both running their own platoon in Hc mode and also both using this script, though for coop I found it works best where one guy is the weapons platoon leader and has both mortars and MGs section and the other guys run the rifle platoons.

I don't know if there are I 44 weapons bags. I think there is an m240b weapons bag in OA somewhere, I might use that. I prefer the lower tripod which helps mitigate risk for the crews.

Los

I wonder - would it be possible having the groups deployed their wepons when the game begins (which means that the player/commander does'nt have to deploy by HC at the beginning) - like caling the 'DeployWeapon.sqf' file by init line...?