Sign in to follow this  
gonk

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87105

Never played OpF, but sounds cool. Navigating by pole star is a GREAT idea for missions, especially if you would have to find Polaris without hints or cheats.

There's more - Takistan and Chernarus offer different night skies due to them being in different parts of the planet. And as the planet rotates - the stars move across the sky.

Why do I see stars if I have ViewDistance 4000m?

The sky (stars) is not affected by view distance. However objects like planes/helis are.

Because the sky is not part of the ViewDistance, and not volumetric either (before TKOH/A3).

Machinegunners (AI) sitting/standing in 1.60 and latest patch seem unable to keep the weapon steady while shooting. First shot goes straight and then the weapon is increasingly going upwards resulting in "star-shooting". :)

Machinegunners (AI) sitting/standing in 1.60 and latest patch seem unable to keep the weapon steady while shooting. First shot goes straight and then the weapon is increasingly going upwards resulting in "star-shooting". :)

It's been like that since 1.54

BIS added new recoil, but forgot to balance AI for it.

There have been several tickets for this already...

Here's one: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22701

Edited by metalcraze

Yes, this isn´t really something new, but still important. AI MG guys can only hit something when they are prone.

Why do I see stars if I have ViewDistance 4000m?

LOL - viewdistance would have to be just a tad greater than 4000m if it affected visibility of the stars. ;)

Yes, this isn´t really something new, but still important. AI MG guys can only hit something when they are prone.

Just 20 votes? Not all THAT important it seems.. :D

Seeing Takistanis and Insurgents firing wildly in offhand seems quite appropriate. Instead of changing that MG'ers should just be more apt to go prone. More prevalent for Bluefor.

There's more - Takistan and Chernarus offer different night skies due to them being in different parts of the planet. And as the planet rotates - the stars move across the sky.

Wow. A part of A2 I've missed completely. Very cool. Are there a lot of nighttime user missions which use stars for navigation?

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

24 votes isn't too shabby. That looks pretty important. If AI go prone, no problem, but if they don't and can't hit anything? Not good. That ticket looks like the issue was introduced in 1.60 betas. Is that true? If so, kju hasn't been putting much emphasis on it in the 1.60 beta problem thread, unless I missed it.

NOW it's 24 yes, because I linked it here, before it was 20. And sure, 20 is better than 0. :P

It's going up slowly ... now on 27 (just after I voted :) )

Beta is looking good so far.

Not only MGs should be fixed. The issue is with all weapons, MGs are just most notable.

But making some compensation is only a part of a full fix.

Here's another one:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23559

(in short instead of standing in the open and on the roofs AI should use lower stances whenever possible - will solve a lot of problems with the recoil too)

Oh, I am very familiar with that one - one of my current favorites, and 41 votes, too.

Yes thats one of my favourites too. It just looks so wrong to see the AI stand up in a firefight...

I still want COPY MY STANCE to actually make the AI copy my stance.

When I set it to that they still stand there like muppets the only stance they do seem to copy some times is when I lay down.

COPY MY STANCE is just labeled wrong. Agter you have told your guys to stay crouched, or to go prone, you can use COPY MY STANCE to make them choose their stance on their own

Ah ok thanks I find it to much work though to keep telling them to stand,crouch,lay down if the COPY MY STANCE worked as labeled it would be cool.