Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

M1161 - The Marines' $200,000 Jeep

Wow, I love the thing. I do have a few suggestions to make this better than it already is

1. Maybe another mounted machinegun on the SOV

2. Tan colored varients of it.

Also I have a question. The Aimpoint on the SOV doesnot seem to work on OA. (Or Reinforcements which is what I have installed, it comes with OA in it just scaled down in graphics and sounds.) So is there a ArmA 2 dependency or is it just that im running it on the RNF version of OA.

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound! :cool:

@superfour: No plans for tan versions. I'm not sure what you mean "another mounted machine gun"? I took liberties to make the SOV version based on the Hummer SOV units. There isn't any place to put another one LOL

I'm running CO+Reinforcements+1.59 patch right now and have no problems with the Aimpoint. Could you be more specific as to the issue you encounter?

Add this to the BTK Cargo script, should work very nicely and fits into most Helicopters.

BTW - UK Jackal was deigned with a similar concept originally, to fit exactly into the back of a CH-47, hence its strange shape. I have been working on a John Deere GATOR for the same reason, US Army use them a lot in Afghan. However time and skills have beaten me :(

Nice work hcpookie !

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound! :cool:

@superfour: No plans for tan versions. I'm not sure what you mean "another mounted machine gun"? I took liberties to make the SOV version based on the Hummer SOV units. There isn't any place to put another one LOL

I'm running CO+Reinforcements+1.59 patch right now and have no problems with the Aimpoint. Could you be more specific as to the issue you encounter?

By another machine gun I mean one in the back cargo seats (like the ones on the ACE GMV). I just thought it might be cool to have another m240. and my problem with the aimpoint is fixed, I dont know what it is, maybe its just a random freak thing. Thanks though, im absoulutly loving these.

Cool car, loooove the name :D

Re "This vehicle is totaly useless"

Well not at all, its a matter of tactics. This is NOT the vehicle you take into the hornets nest.. for that you take a TANK - that part is not exactly rocket sience..

BUT what ppl need to know is that the weapons on open vehicles are there for selfdefence of the crew and passangers. The job of the gunners is to provide cover fire wile the rest of the 'gang' dismounts.

Open vehicles are often used for pathfinders, scouts, recon, special forces ect. They are used in areas where getting into a firefight is the last thing they want to do. Read the operators are in the area to get information abt the enemy, not there to kill them.

If you compair a war with a schoolyard. The open vehicles are the tiny kid that sees trouble and then run back to get the big boys to sort the problems (by kicking ass)

Anywho. Keep up the good work ! :)

Major Update - please see first post!

NEW: Bouncy Antennas!

NEW: Usable Spare Tire!

NEW: Localization strings

NEW: Ambulance version

... see first post for details. Enjoy!

NEW: Ambulance version with ambulance light and siren horn. Found under "USMC" > "Support".

This, not so realistic... As a 20 year veteran of the US armed forces, I never ran across any field ambulances with light(if your referring to flashing) and siren.

We(the US), play by a ROE which is based off of the Geneva Conventions. Unfortunately, those which I have faced in time of conflict, do NOT...:D

If you want to give away your position, fine, good luck with this one...

Not to be sarcastic, as I always enjoy your additions to the community hcpookie. Is this same ambulance version available without the lights/siren?

I will definitely download and check these out. Sorry if I came across harsh, but your additions have always upheld what I thought was proper milsim realism...

panther42

sorry, didn't see under the spoiler the ambulance is available without lights/siren...

Edited by panther42

THanks for that feedback. You're right on all counts which is why of course I didn't make it the "clown car" blinking and flashing. You have to turn on those things to make them work. Otherwise it can sit there at a FARP and heal in silence :)

The main motivation for making the ambulance version is to have a faster Mobile HQ vehicle that can keep up with the rest of the convoy when going from objective to objective. Nice to have options :)

UPDATE: v1.2 MLODs are now available! Look for this file in the same download location found in the first post: pookM1161_v1.2_MLOD.rar

Thanks a lot! Why are we granted that honor? :rolleyes:

hcpookie,

Nice work.. I really can see these coming in handy with my MARSOC units. Thanks for the hard work and the MLODS!

No worries Foxhound, I appreciate the mirrors! Its not like you an SLA anyway LOL

DiFool you get them because I feel they are ready for prime time :cool: As far as I'm concerned they are "feature complete" and I don't have plans to make any more updates unless someone finds a glaring face-slapping why-did-I-miss-that issue :)

FYI I found a problem with the SOV vehicles' spare tire animation not working correctly. So a small update is in the works.

First of all, lovely addon and second.. are these jeeps able to be dropped out of C130's IRL? I want to setup a recon mission with these.

yes in real life they are made to be drop by a c130 or any transport plane.