Sign in to follow this  
b101_uk

Found this seemingly unused skin for the medium heli ?

Was looking at the medium heli files today and came across this skin that was not listed in the config.bin? don’t seem to recall seeing screen-shots of it or why it’s not in the armoury/free flight/editor, :confused:

A bit of tweaking later to the heli_medium01_main_mediccare_co.paa and :)

mediccare3.jpg

mediccare1.jpg

mediccare2.th.jpg

looks quite good i think.

Cool!

How can we enable this skin?

Yes, yes we want to know about the secrets so that we all can keep it!!

me thinking out loud: if we all keep the secret, is still a secret? Baaah sure it is, as long as there is a single human being not knowing this is a secret... :p

a config.bin for the Medium heli, it just drop the hsim folder in the TKoH root like with FM xml files, etc, it has a readme in the zip.

will show up under "Emergency services > Medium (Red Air Ambulance)"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k60y5pbqbwy5k28/Medium_heil_With_Red_Air_Ambulance_V1.03.zip

Edited by b101_uk
New URL for the 1.03 patch

Hei Ziggy, can you tell us a little bit more on the Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing, the shoots look sharp and clean...

The link to the app is in the smiley. I just dropped the 3 files where my exe is and press Pause to start/stop the app. AA is disabled in Video options.

Performance the same as AA disabled, but with much fewer jagged edges.

Other than that, I dont know much about it.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

what didn't work just paste into the SMAA.fx file anywhere

#define SMAA_PRESET_HIGH 1

or else

heheheh. well I guess it was working, but the differences are subtle.

btw, b101_uk, I think there are no destruction textures on this chopper. When I crash it, my game crashes to desktop.

what didn't work just paste into the SMAA.fx file anywhere

#define SMAA_PRESET_HIGH 1

or else

Yep, that works, but quite subtle, as Ziggy wrote. I assume we use dx9 files, not dx10? Where does it save the screenshots you can make with Print Screen?

Should we also put in

#define SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE float2(1.0 / 1920.0, 1.0 / 1200.0)

using our 3d render resolution? I haven't tried that, just preset 1.

-Ziggy-;2068767']btw' date=' b101_uk, I think there are no destruction textures on this chopper. When I crash it, my game crashes to desktop.[/quote']

Mmm, it uses the same lines as the other air ambulance dose in the config.bin, just with a name change and display txt change (visible name) and the same base heli.

However! when I found it, it was late at night (UK) and tkoh refused to load the main texture coming up with an error message (I had put the textures in the hsim\..\..\..\skins folder at first) so I ended playing with the main texture as if there was some errant code in the texture its self (exported it to .tga then split out the RGB channels then recombined them into a new totally new image then back to a .paa) then it worked, so I removed the textures from hsim\..\..\..\skins to default back to the ones in the .pbo and it carried on working, so I put it down to it being late at night and an error I had made even though between me playing with the texture and it working and then me removing the texture from hsim\..\..\..\skins to default to the ones in the .pbo I had changed nothing file path wise.

So I wander if this is why BIS left it out? Anyway I shall go and do some crashing using the .pbo texture (none in the hsim\..\..\..\ folder) and if I get any errors (game crashes) I will redo what I did with the texture as it came back ~100 bytes smaller to see if that fixes it, will at least know the problem to report it to BIS.

EDIT:

Well I have just been to crash it, and have done that 25 times in a row into various objects/ground/water in different ways and I get the destruction wreck and no game crashes.

However that does not explain your experience or the initial problems I outlined above OR why BIS left it out, if you connect dots that may or may not really be there you could draw conclusions.

Anyway I will go and do some texture tweaking and PM you a file link based on my initial problem thoughts to see if that fixes your problem, if your is not linked to some other factor like some script in a mission.

Edited by b101_uk

It turns out, I was mistaken that this chopper was causing my crash. It was due to mission scripting instead.

thanks for your quick support of my assumed issue. sorry for the trouble. :o

I posted it at 1am my time :ill:

Where does it save the screenshots you can make with Print Screen?

root folder, same as where you placed the SMAA files.

it takes +5mb .bmp images, so use with caution. heh heh!

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

As apparently I'm the only one who only understands the last two letters of the acronyms, I will make a contribution:

Some Anti-Aliasing methods

SMAA Subpixel Morphological

MLAA Morphological

MSAA Multi-Sample

TSSAA Temporal Super-Sampling

FXAA Fast Approximate

GBAA Geometry Buffer

GPAA Geometric Post-process

DLAA Directionally Localized

SSAA Screen Space

DEAA Distance-to-edge

SPUAA Saboteur

SRAA Subpixel Reconstruction

DLAA Directionally Localized

SGSSAA Sparse Grid SuperSampling

AAA Adaptive

TAA Transparency

PPAA Per-Primitive Anti-Aliasing

I really hope that no one thinks that I have a clue of what I'm talking about, because I don't! :p

Without having any intention to turn this peaceful thread in a war zone :o, would you be so kind to indicate what your well founded judgement thinks it is the most adequate method to get the highest FPS (priority) vs an acceptable visual candy in ToH?

Thanks

Edited by Isaac

The cheapest in terms of cost to FPS vs. look that I have tried is FXAA, the one by “some dude†(inject FXAA), it has txt files so you can tweak settings in them so you can change the quasi AA and sharpness filters, worked well with the TKoH CP with the A2 maps and as far as I could tell the FPS cost was between >0 <1 fps! i.e. less than the standard deviation you would expect if it was running or not over subsequent start-ups of the game.

Have not tried SMAA, but I suppose I should. ;)

-Ziggy-;2069018']root folder' date=' same as where you placed the SMAA files.

it takes +5mb .bmp images, so use with caution. heh heh![/quote']

Thanks. I'm running ToH as non-admin, so I don't have write access to ToH root folder, so no screenshots.

The injector isn't compatible with EVGA Precision which I use for GPU fan control, screenshots, on-screen FPS/temp meter, etc. Is it compatible with FRAPS?

It's true that the SMAA injector runs with no noticeable FPS hit (in-game AA disabled). But, after comparing it to in-game FSAA on low, I like the FSAA better, and lets Precision run again.

Edited by OMAC

OMAC yes fraps imo is the only one working with the injector (ATT and MSI AfterBurner / Rivatuner not)

Ok, thanks, Dwarden.

Well the "mediccare" skins are still AWAL from the latest config.bin for the medium heli in the latest patch.

maybe next time BIS will add them.

Will the mediccare HSIM/././config.bin work in 1.03?

NEW URL for the 1.03 patch

The old config.bin was first created 17th ‎October ‎2011, â€â€Ž09:23:12, the 1.03 patch config.bin is dated (created/modified etc) 10th ‎November ‎2011, â€â€Ž15:26:24, just I have added the relevant bits to the newest dated patch 1.03 config.bin. (naming has stayed the same so not to affect missions using the old config.bin)

Once BIS add the details into a patch this will then be obsolete. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k60y5pbqbwy5k28/Medium_heil_With_Red_Air_Ambulance_V1.03.zip

Works great in 1.03. Thanks!!!!! :)