Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Landing Practice

Hi all,

LandingPractice.jpg

While I was learning to land these helicopters, I got a bit fed up with the trainer shouting at me all the time in the training missions. So, I created these very simple missions just to help me land at the Seattle base without getting earache. They are nothing you couldn't do in the editor yourself in 5 minutes, but just in case you can't be bothered I thought I would post them here.

There are three missions in the download.

Landing Practice Light

Landing Practice Medium

Landing Practice Heavy

I won't insult your intelligence by explaining these further!

Remember, there is nothing fancy in these missions, no la-di-dah scripts, no new fancy models, nothing to shoot at. It's just you, your helicopters, a landing pad and your nerves - just as nature intended!

Instructions

1. Download the file.

2. Unzip it.

3. Move the @JedraMission folder into your Take On Helicopters root directory.

4. Load it by adding the "-mod=@JedraMission" switch to your startup parameter. If you are already using a mod switch, then just add it to the end (make sure you put a semi-colon first though). If you are using Six Updater then just refresh your local mods and it will be there.

Is anyone wondering why I am doing it this way rather than adding it to the missions folder? No? Well, I'll tell you anyway. This is apparently the prefered way of compiling missions as stated by Gaia himself in this. post.

Edited by Jedra

Oooh nothing to shoot at how I'm expected to properly land then?? it is not worthy!!! :D :D :D

Naaaah just kidding thanks for sharing. :)

Isaac

-Ziggy-;2067840']Well' date=' Gaia may prefer it, but until that method has MP support, I will do it old school.

thanks for sharing.[/quote']

This format is working with MP. The pbo must be put in TKOH's AddOns folder, though.

I have reservations about placing addons in the vanilla addon folder. I have been told since OFP to keep the original Addons folder vanilla.

This may have benefits for Single Player, but I imagine negatives for Multiplayer.

Will it create addon prerequisites for joining a server?

Will it be recorded to my MPMission cache with this method?

How will this affect Dedicated server setup for mission class list?

I just don't think the benefits of the added briefing capability outweigh the potential drawbacks. Arma2 briefing html got the job done.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Could you alsomake a landing training mission on a frigate/carrier or the cruiseship? (Yes has an helipad). This on my todo list which i will start next week but love to already see it .