Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86978 (1.60 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(current patch candidate)

[86971] New: -beta=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.

[86965] Changed: Mod list configured by ModLauncher is saved inside game config instead of user profile.

[86944] Added: HitPart event now contains Ammo type name

[86925] Fixed: CWR2 Camel was unable to takeoff (flew close to stall after take off, never recovering).

[86916] New: Player name validation when editing a profile name.

[86882] New: Scripting command visiblePosition to obtain object position as visible on screen (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26591)

[86880] Fixed: Helicopter slow after GET OUT waypoint when CYCLE was used as well.

[86876] New: Editor: Visual indication of the selected target for CYCLE waypoint.

plus

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26717

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26356

plus some of the RC reported bugs (see CIT)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26814#change-119086

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26754#note-12

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26791

Edited by Dwarden

Looks like 86882 is already obsolete... that was fast. :D

Looks like 86882 is already obsolete... that was fast. :D

note that 86882 was already client in 1.60 RC1 :rolleyes:

How to use -beta ?

I place -beta=build number ?can i install many betas for tests with this ?

Thanks,

Use -beta=xxxxxx instead of -mod=xxxxx to provide beta specific files without disabling Expansion GUI functionality.

Use -beta=xxxxxx instead of -mod=xxxxx to provide beta specific files without disabling Expansion GUI functionality.

So instead of

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;SOME_OTHER_MODS

which renders the ingame Expansion manager useless, now it is

-beta=Expansion\beta

Is this correct?

if i'm right :confused: instead of

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

it's

"-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

:bounce3:

There is something wrong starting with "-beta=..." or ingame launcher :confused:

Just add -showScriptErrors to startup parameter and you will see an error message and in the arma2oa.rpt after clicking on Expansions

Global namespace not passed during: true

Error in expression <true>

Error position: <true>

Error Local variable in global space

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayModLauncher/controls/CA_ValueMods/

+ mods/addons are even loaded starting a new session/game (default should be only vanilla A2OA + DLC = no mods/addons)

+ its not possible to deactivate custom addons/mods via Expansions

if i'm right :confused: instead of

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

it's

"-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

:bounce3:

That seems to work. On the main screen the version still shows the main (RC) version though and not the beta version - is this correct?

I know it loaded the beta because now I get the extra connection in the Cycle waypoint - that's nice by the way!

you need to start the beta binary not the RC one ofcourse

Here is a whole example that seems to works for me...

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CBA;@Blastcore_Visuals;@ACEX_SM;@brg_africa;@Lingor;@Lingor_units;@ibr_plants;@MBG_Buildings2  -nosplash

But this example is not showing the most important purpose of new -beta command, which is to allow usage of in-game mod system also with beta:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion 

I have a problem with getting beta patches from oficial ftp server. Probably the issue is relates with connection between me and your ftp. But, patches are not downloading - it writes: "Downloading" and that's all. Any suggestion? :)

[86925] Fixed: CWR2 Camel was unable to takeoff (flew close to stall after take off, never recovering).

As soon i saw this the first thing i thought was:

"Wow. Is CWR2 gonna be considered an official free Addon?" :cool:

But this example is not showing the most important purpose of new -beta command, which is to allow usage of in-game mod system also with beta:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion 

I am a bit confused as to what this actually does. I think Dwarden posted an explanation, but I can't find it. I never use the 'Expansion' option in the GUI, so maybe this is why I am not fully understanding what this feature offers - I always use SixUpdater to load mods via it's profile system.

Anyway, thanks all for your efforts, this is looking really good indeed.

I am a bit confused as to what this actually does. I think Dwarden posted an explanation, but I can't find it. I never use the 'Expansion' option in the GUI, so maybe this is why I am not fully understanding what this feature offers - I always use SixUpdater to load mods via it's profile system.

In the past, when you specified the "beta" with a modline in your shortcut like "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" the in GUI mod functionality was disabled. Now, if you use the -beta=...." statement instead, the GUI for mods works like in the full (non beta) version. Arma now uses the config entries for mods even in the betas. You can save the command line space in your shortcut. That's all.

In short:

When you start the game with the -mod parameter, the in-game mod manager becomes non-functional, meaning you can no longer activate or deactivate mods from the expansion menu. Since the betas required you to load their data using "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion", using a beta always meant that the expansion menu could not be used.

The -beta parameter was introduced to re-enable the use of the expansion menu, even if you're running a beta. :)

EDIT: Argh, always these damn ninjas! :D

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I just never noticed this as I always loaded mods via Six Updater anyway.

I think if you are playing PRA2, you can easily add beta then, for PRA2 has its own exe file.

Thank you very much to solve the speed of the helicopter, now it works great. :thanx::rthumb:

[86971] New: -beta=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.

[86965] Changed: Mod list configured by ModLauncher is saved inside game config instead of user profile.

[86944] Added: HitPart event now contains Ammo type name

[86916] New: Player name validation when editing a profile name.

[86882] New: Scripting command visiblePosition to obtain object position as visible on screen (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26591)

[86880] Fixed: Helicopter slow after GET OUT waypoint when CYCLE was used as well.

[86876] New: Editor: Visual indication of the selected target for CYCLE waypoint.

Hi J-Guid,

Do you know a difference between a bug and a feature? Check that ticket you just posted...

_neo_

hi all had some issues posted on armaholis any 1 else getting this after beta install

Not sure whats going on with this patch but i have issues after installing it last night i only run arma and 7 on my pcs main hd i installed the beta last night and things got weird got fraps to show it didnt didnt just happen the 1 time i have 2 fraps on different islands

After i installed the beta i tried to rerun the bitools and arma2ptools to carry on with my maps and it stopped working so after all day today trying to sort it.

I am at the point that the 2 boxed versions of arma2 and oa i own will no longer install i have had wrong cd key after it has installed so i uninstalled and tried to install in a back up drive this loaded amra2 so went to patch it and now it crashes every time saying error found in addons\air.pbo (00000000!=00000001) it does it with the oa patches aswell rendering my game usless the game installs but wont patch

nothing has updated or changed in my pc from turning it off last night to turning it on this morning the only thing is the beta had no probs with rc1.60 but this new 1 not so sure

ok..thanks that has cleared things up on how to use it....

This works well normally, but when I used the in-game mod system to select CWR2 and then restarted, I couldn't get CWR2 unselected unless I changed -beta=... to -mod=... and restarted. That reset the mod system. When CWR2 was running, the Expansion menu is all messed up graphically, and I couldn't disable CWR2 using it. So the mod system seems iffy to me, and something like Arma II Launcher is much simpler to use. However, that launcher doesn't handle betas well unlike some of the other 3rd-party launchers.