Sign in to follow this  
borg117

Mission 'glitching' when i approach an area

So i'm building a mission for my campaign, have set it all up and decided to prooftest it, however i came up with some sort of glitch when i reach my first task. bassically i have my ACR squad with me, I move down the hills around the mine of feruz abad and then this 'glitch' happens and AI don't seem to be responding to my orders, the mission name is gone and tasks don't seem to register status.

i've built dozens of missions before and not sure what this is, I have recently started using functions in my mission so i am wondering whether it is in conflict with another module. the list of modules i have in my mission is:

- Functions

- Garbage Collector

- Weather

- Environment (effects)

- Simple First Aid

- First Aid: Action

- First Aid Battlefield Clearence

I'm using the BIS_fnc_3dcredits function which i know works correctly because it was given in a sample mission and tested. When i test the functions they seem ok (using an opfor unit around the mine) at first, but when i return to my player team and i approach the mine the mission just 'glitches' again.

Also i presume i am doing the right thing in syncing all 3 first aid modules together and then syncing them all to the player.

Arma 2 + all expansions, no mods, no external configs, sqm and pbo version was tested, nothing distinct happens when i approach the mine, i have no triggers or waypoints of any sort which could be affected by the player presence and cause a glitch.

some help is appreciated.

Also i presume i am doing the right thing in syncing all 3 first aid modules together and then syncing them all to the player.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/First_Aid#Setup

do not synch modules with eachother, only synch each module to each player.

Modules can also be used with AI units. With them, syncing to just group leader alone is enough.

thanks for that demonized, i remember seeing that diagram a while back but must have misunderstood all the sync lines, will defo clear that up, but i have sinfully done the same with the first aid modules in another mission and it seems ok, so does anyone know why my mission is glitching, or if there could conflicting modules, functions perhaps?

also i think i forgot to mention that i use the commands for spawning functions that is the array - spawn - the function in a sqf file and use player exec suchandsuch.sqf, now this seems ok to me but it doesn't seem to be reading the first line of code in the file, just the rest, i'm thinking this may have something to do with the mission glitching.

I know this has nothing to do with this topic, But can anyone give me advice on editing. I make the crappiest battles i mean they are ok but i need advice to get more advanced like to get my soldiers to do push-up and to get the AI to put dow IED's to create ambushes, Also how to make battles such as Black hawk down etc etc. If you have any advice please help me, Im a noob at Arma AO:yay::yay:

please make another thread if you need help next time. :)

-first look for some tutorials on youtube and download arma's editing tutorial.

-make some simple missions where you only have 1 objective with no more than 50 for example

-open missions made by other editers so you can look how they do things.

-experiment

this is really you have to do IMO.

I learned everything from opening other people's missions.