Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 13 2002,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My point was that if you don't beleive in it then how could it possibly bother you? Surely atheism is a position of unassailability. I do know something of atheism I have dabbled with it myself, but found that God is a much more compelling force than nothingness.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not an atheist smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you don't beleive in the Judeo/Christian hell, then being told you are going there can't bother you anymore than the loony on the street with the sandwich board saying 'The end is nigh'!

Well, not believing in god doesnt put you above the capacity for humanly emotions. I get offended by stuff just the same as a christian gets offended by my using the term 'Jesus Christ', or 'God Dammit'. Someone telling me i'm going to hell for all the reasons mentioned so far offends me because, even if god exists, who the hell died and gave them the right to tell me how my afterlife, if there is one, is going to be?

Being a christian, or claiming that god has spoken to you doesnt give you the right to dictate me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 14 2002,03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who the hell died and gave them the right to tell me how my afterlife is going to be?<span id='postcolor'>

Jesus Christ.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 13 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 14 2002,03wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who the hell died and gave them the right to tell me how my afterlife is going to be?<span id='postcolor'>

Jesus Christ.<span id='postcolor'>

how convenient....

So how do i know this? How do you know this? How does Duke_Of_Ray know this? Wheres the proof?

LOL. This thread, and trust me I am surprised that it's stayed fairly flame free and civil, is becoming repetitive.

Athiests and Agnostics:

You will never convince someone with true faith that they are wrong, no matter how reasonable your arguements are

Christians:

You are not going to save anyone who disagrees with you.  Just saying that you are right doesnt endear you to them.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 14 2002,05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 13 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 14 2002,03<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who the hell died and gave them the right to tell me how my afterlife is going to be?<span id='postcolor'>

Jesus Christ.<span id='postcolor'>

how convenient....

So how do i know this? How do you know this? How does Duke_Of_Ray know this? Wheres the proof?<span id='postcolor'>

Lol! you asked for that chum. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 14 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are not going to save anyone who disagrees with you.  <span id='postcolor'>

I could'nt give a flying**** about "saving anyone", it's a matter for your own conscience. However no-one here has disproved God as surely as no-one has proved his existence.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 14 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. This thread, and trust me I am surprised that it's stayed fairly flame free and civil, is becoming repetitive.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, but it is becoming more and more aggressive and will ultimately result in flaming. Then it will be closed down.

I was hoping that we might collectivly be mature enough to leave the thread to fade away, but apparently that is not going to happen. sad.gif

Denoir and I agree on something! tounge.gif I thought it best to let this thread fade away, but that will be hard as it seems none of us can do that. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 14 2002,22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir and I agree on something! tounge.gif  I thought it best to let this thread fade away, but that will be hard as it seems none of us can do that.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol we decided that about 10 pages ago lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 15 2002,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will be saying the same thing in another 10 pages. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Stop bumping the topic then!

(Sorry for this bump.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 12 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im an idot? Hows that? Am I an idot for believing in the Lord Jesus Chrits? I am an idot for telling you all about Him? What makes me an idot? I would like to know....<span id='postcolor'>

Not knowing how to spell for one thing.............

Nice. Spam + flame makes good closing material.

Closing smile.gif