Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It wasn't me I swear <span id='postcolor'>

I'm not pointing at you or anybody else, that's what he have advocatexxx for smile.gif

Just thought I'd voice my opinion.

I think what makes it a little bit more fair is that the mods themselves are victims of title changes by other mods.

It's all in good fun and not intended to insult anybody. If sombody objects against a title and wants his normal title back, just PM me or any other mod and we will fix it smile.gif

The mods are allowed to have fun between themselves, but I can easily imagine some newer members of the Forum (like for example Duke_of_Ray) being 'afraid' of asking if they could please have that title removed.

The whole thing was out of control from the beginning, and then seemed to settle down to where some of those who complained got their title changed back, and some didn't.

And pinning a derogatory title on a member whose opinion you do not share is not good.

What did the change my name too? Don't believe I got here in time too see it.:)

1.Well yes God is Almighty

2.God is Great

3.God does not want to hurt anybody, becuase He loves everybody but God will take revenge on those who hurt His children.

4. Ask Him smile.gif

Thank you for changing my name back to what it origanly was.

well, there is a difference between good and great no?

and this sounds pretty vidictive to me to send someone for eternal hell for having an opinion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What did the change my name too? Don't believe I got here in time too see it.:)

1.Well yes God is Almighty

2.God is Great

3.God does not want to hurt anybody, becuase He loves everybody but God will take revenge on those who hurt His children.

4. Ask Him smile.gif

Thank you for changing my name back to what it origanly was.<span id='postcolor'>

what he says its the pure truth, God is real, believing in him is a matter of faith, but God demonstrated his presence in my life. wink.gif . In many ways, materially and mentally God blessed me

Thats wierd.ale2999, if you are a chirstian, why do you play killing games?I though there was a commandment, "you shall not kill". wink.gif

Lol, well unless you call a buncha red pixels on your screen real blood then I doubt he's really killing anyone. Mere entertainment.

People had ancient operas portraying slaying of a king, and people watched it. It's just entertainment.

I thought about somebody asking why I play these video games. Well you don't kill anybody in them and they are make believe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thos don't even make sense! I read a few of them and they didn't even make sense! Those are not inconsistancies, if you actually read them they make sense.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, read all of them. It's a list of ALL literal inconsistensies in the bible. I especially loved these ones:

EX 20:5, 34:7, NU 14:18, DT 5:9, IS 14:21-22 Children are to suffer for their parent's sins.

DT 24:16, EZ 18:19-20 Children are not to suffer for their parent's sins.

EX 20:13, DT 5:17, MK 10:19, LK 18:20, RO 13:9, JA 2:11 God prohibits killing.

GE 34:1-35:5 God condones trickery and killing.

EX 32:27, DT 7:2, 13:15, 20:1-18 God orders killing.

2KI 19:35 An angel of the Lord slaughters 185,000 men.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ June 18 2002,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats wierd.ale2999, if you are a chirstian, why do you play killing games?I though there was a commandment, "you shall not kill". wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I cant believe my own eyes wow.gif . I guess that we r all killing ais and we should all go to jail wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 18 2002,08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thos don't even make sense! I read a few of them and they didn't even make sense! Those are not inconsistancies, if you actually read them they make sense.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, read all of them. It's a list of ALL literal inconsistensies in the bible.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that what is the most obvous inconsitency in the Bible is the huge difference between the policy in the New Testament and the Old Testament.

The Old Testament i like "And God saideth: If thy neighbour kills thy Cat you then shalt proceed by killing his dog unless a dispute over the killing of a goat lies behind it"

The New Testament is more like "Chill out dude... Peace Love And Understanding, man. Far out!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 18 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that what is the most obvous inconsitency in the Bible is the huge difference between the policy in the New Testament and the Old Testament.

The Old Testament i like "And God saideth: If thy neighbour kills thy Cat you then shalt proceed by killing his dog unless a dispute over the killing of a goat lies behind it"

The New Testament is more like "Chill out dude... Peace Love And Understanding, man. Far out!"<span id='postcolor'>

That's quite correct and a reason why many christians pretty much ignore what it says in the Old Testament at least around here.

Mebbe God discovereth pot in between the testaments.

Its odd how you get Muslems fighting so called Christians I mean in some other countries, yep killing each other (so it looked like before). If God does not want war or death or has that law "thu shall not kill" What is the point in fighting and killing? I'm not sure about the Islamic or whatever religions but Christianity is not ment to be like that from my understanding (but I could be wrong?). From what I have heard Islam is not suppost to be like this either, but people use it as an excuse for war and others state Islam and other religions are evil. Don't know much about other religions, but I'd be willing to read up on it, as long as it ain't too much. No other way to try and understand it without giving it a look first.

The differences between the old and new testaments are ample proof that religion is simply modified to suit the needs of present time.

Other examples are how christianity once gospeled that the earth was FLAT and paradise was located ON it, somewhere to the south. Later people figured out that the earth was round and suddently paradise was located in the sky!

Such things makes it seem outright stupid to me, to think that religion speaks eternal truth -- it's constantly modified to cover up it's own errors and misconceptions.

In the old days people where certain that thunder and lightning was the wrath of the gods. Now this is a fully explained natural phenomena. Same goes with everything else in this universe -- some of it just haven't been explained yet, but that's just a matter of time.

Killing is wrong, but during war you have to kill, you have no other choice. When God says not to kill, I believe God means do not commit murder like the guys did on 9/11 or like a killer woul do to his victims.

No! During war you do NOT have to kill. Stay out of any wars. In some countries this means imprisionment if "required" to fight for your Government ie conscription, but the choice is still yours.

And as for the September 11th thing... you get people that are thanking Allah and stuff like that. This is one reason why I wouldn't mind understanding Islam because some people just go off their rocker about how evil Islam is when they really have no idea (nore do I). They just "assume" that its Islam because of what these guys say and do. While I am not into religion, I wouldn't mind knowing about Islam and knowing that it is not part of a Jihad like some other fools think. Altho I might be wrong as I said before I don't know.

I thought that the commandment was "You shall not kill" and not "You shall not kill unless you have to"...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When God says not to kill, I believe God means do not commit murder like the guys did on 9/11 or like a killer woul do to his victims.<span id='postcolor'>

Errr yeah ummm... commiting murder... even in war it is still murder, it is no different. Only its on a larger scale.

God gives u the right to defend ur country. In the old testamnet God was by the israelite side helping them to win many wars. in the nu testament Jesus said" Give to Caesar what is of Caesar" in that case he was talking about taxes but that was for all cases including serving ur own country in war time. u can bring up as many point of view u may believe, but they r all false. U might think that its true but it isnt. During WW2 german ppl thought it was right to kill jews, they were 110 % sure and would argue sure about it like u guys argue about God not existing. its so frustrating, I know that u r all good men and I wish that u would know the real truth as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 18 2002,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God gives u the right to defend ur country. In the old testamnet God was by the israelite side helping them to win many wars. in the nu testament Jesus said" Give to Caesar what is of Caesar" in that case he was talking about taxes but that was for all cases including serving ur own country in war time. u can bring up as many point of view u may believe, but they r all false. U might think that its true but it isnt. During WW2 german ppl thought it was right  to kill jews, they were 110 % sure and would argue sure about it like u guys argue about God not existing. its so frustrating, I know that u r all good men and I wish that u would know the real truth as well.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I didn't know that God allowed you to slay others for the sake of your country.

Bringing up points that I believe... I don't post most of them. As for beliefs being "false" I really can't say what is right or wrong, I have only what I "think".

I'm not really arguing or debating anything I'm merely "chatting" about it. I know about the Germans during WW2 they thought themselves as christians (well I think they did) and yeah the christian thing for them to do was kill jews, shows how there are many different versions of the same religion.

As for the "real truth" you can't really prove that, you only have that "feeling" that its right. Alot of people don't get that feeling or they get it about different things. But why is it frustrating? If you think you are right then you are safe yes?

Ale is right. Killing during war is not murder but self-defence, or the defence of others. Like if a police officer shoots somebody in self defence it is not killing, or if he shoots them in defense of others it is not killing.

Kind of like a Light Jedi thing, knowlage, helpping, defence. The two are SO alike.

But these Muslems and Christians... I doubt they were fighting for defence of themselves or others. Out of hate it might have been, I wouldn't know. Isn't hate suppost to be a sin?

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering as Yoda put it. Hell some stuff from Star Wars sounds right. I'm not talking lightsabers and shit biggrin.gif but some of the lines.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ale is right. Killing during war is not murder but self-defence, or the defence of others. Like if a police officer shoots somebody in self defence it is not killing, or if he shoots them in defense of others it is not killing.<span id='postcolor'>

So you mean that what bin Laden did was ok, since he was defending his faith against western influences?

Who's to say who the attacker and defender is? Who is right and who is wrong?

I would say that it lies very much in the eye of the beholder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 18 2002,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ale is right. Killing during war is not murder but self-defence, or the defence of others. Like if a police officer shoots somebody in self defence it is not killing, or if he shoots them in defense of others it is not killing.<span id='postcolor'>

Does the bible not tell you to turn the other cheak? smile.gif