Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

Perhaps it's nature's way of making sure we don't destroy our habitat. By admiring the surroundings, we have a better chance of getting the maximum from it?

Definitely not. No animal avoids destroying their habitat, because it is more profitable in a competitive situation to get the maximum from your habitat FAST by ripping it apart. You have to remember that nature does not have any morals or any "master plan". Future generations are not considered, what matters is here and now.

The religious instinct must have affected our survival more directly than what you speculated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 17 2002,10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to remember that nature does not have any morals or any "master plan". Future generations are not considered, what matters is here and now.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure that I agree. Animals protect their children. I think that the "master plan" for each species is to spread its DNA.

Yes, animals protect their children, but they do not avoid destroying their habitat so that their children or grandchildren will still have a good life.

Voles, for example, eat and reproduce as long as they have food left in their habitat and then the current generation dies of starvation. They don't limit their eating and reproduction so that the food plants would have time to grow back.

What matters is here and now, future generations are not worried about.

And there is no "master plan" to spread the DNA. You should rather think that the species which spread their DNA, survive, but the ones that do not, die off. There is no plan or purpose or such, but the one who runs fastest, comes first to the finish line, even if he didn't intend to.

Goldfish have a memory span of 3 seconds. In times of hunger they often eat their offspring.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 17 2002,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Goldfish have a memory span of 3 seconds.  In times of hunger they often eat their offspring.<span id='postcolor'>

They must have a very exciting life then smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 17 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 17 2002,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Goldfish have a memory span of 3 seconds.  In times of hunger they often eat their offspring.<span id='postcolor'>

They must have a very exciting life then smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

reminds me of former girlfriend... wow.gif

There really is only one truth and that is that Jesus Christ is Lord and that he was raised from the dead. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 17 2002,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There really is only one truth and that is that Jesus Christ is Lord and that he was raised from the dead. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, you're a troll. You've posted that line 20 times - do you think it makes any difference to post it 21 times?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 17 2002,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There really is only one truth and that is that Jesus Christ is Lord and that he was raised from the dead. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ.<span id='postcolor'>

Completely and utterly insane.

When I was a kid I was dragged to church, didn't have a choice. The Salvation Army to be exact. It felt so wrong being there. I was always uncomfertable as hell and when weekends came I would always try faking to be sick just to stay home. I really hated it. The people didn't seem like christians to me either.

We will see how insane that is when we die. And what inconsistances are there in the Bible?

Are you saying that Bible is completely, without any sense of doubt perfectly exact ? Are you saying that even though it's been passed down through generations for millennia it has never been even slightly changed ? Are you saying that we should take every word to our heart and live and die by it ? All based on a book who doesn't even have a true author but is more like a collection of fairy tales ?

Do you really think we are that pathetic ?

Duke_of_Ray what do you think about space exploration and science in general? Do you think its evil? Like I stated before my teacher told us this in school. To me it seemed that religion was intended to hold humanity back from something, like progressing onward. It seems to be keeping humanity on this rock for longer, just pray and live your little life and forget about the stars. People have complained that communism held countries back but as for religion...

I have known of many religous figures that have devoted their life to it and got nothing for it on this world anyway. I know religous people that have been mocked and looked down on and have had terrible lives. Reading the bible and looking to god didn't help these people in life, why should it in death? after all whats the point in life if you don't get it untill your dead? See what I am trying to say?

Those people who have been mocked and killed becuase of their religon were pleasing to God and not evil men, thats what is important. They have a great reward waiting them in hyeaven when they die, which is much better than this earth. I don not believe space exploartion is wrong or evil, infact i believe it is neat, and some science is also very interesting, but it was God who created all things. Reading the Bible did help these people, it helped them necome closer to God and not to the wrold,which is full fo sin. No telling how much joy these people,who were mocked and killed, got out of helping others and living for Christ. The Bible did have a true author, His name is God.

I'm not surprised he hasn't published anything since. Sure, it's considered a best-seller, but he really gotta work on his plot-building. There's far too many sidestories and supporting characters. It seems he didn't quite know where to go with it. He's gotta stay more focused in his story structure and build some proper suspence, as well as reader's empathy for the hero. The bad guys also seems too weak in character. I think a more prolific villain would have benefitted greatly. One with some great one-liners and karate moves up his sleeve. Maybe if he practise for a couple of millenia he might get it right.

first of all duke, i'd like to apologize about my out brust the other day. that wasnt the way discussion supposed to go, so again i apologize.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 17 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will see how insane that is when we die. And what inconsistances are there in the Bible?<span id='postcolor'>

Bible Inconsistencies smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 17 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 17 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will see how insane that is when we die. And what inconsistances are there in the Bible?<span id='postcolor'>

Bible Inconsistencies smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Again with the bible.

I thought this was about God and Man and not about a collection of myths and fables.

Thos don't even make sense! I read a few of them and they didn't even make sense! Those are not inconsistancies, if you actually read them they make sense.

It's totally out of hand. I don't think it's appropriate for the mods to change member titles as they please. For once I'm serious. It's a sign of very little respect for the Forum members. sad.gif

Anyway...."Who is this God person anyway?" (that was a hidden reference)

ok duke. here are couple or Q's:

1. is god almighty?

2. is he good?

3. is he vindictive?

4. who's his publisher? biggrin.gif