Sign in to follow this  
rosentorf

Rasman Valley [SP|CO]

Rasman Valley 1.06

Attack and destroy a Takistani Militia Camp in Rasman. You'll be inserted by helicopter by Bastaam and start to make your way north through the Rasman Valley. The area is occupied by the Takistani Army and Militia. Consider the whole valley hostile. Destroy an ammo cache and eliminate a warlord before you enter Rasman to destroy the Militia Terror Camp.

The mission features a very basic briefing. I could not come up with a satisfying scenario. So I decided to keep it this way. I think I should invest my time in a new mission rather than force a scenario that won't be better than this briefing.

A couple things...

• So far the last version seems to run stable. If you find any bugs let me know I'd like to keep this mission bug free.
  • I didn't give the AI handguns since they sometimes pull their pistols and don't switch back to their rifles.

Finally:

The mission Rasman Valley uses the Urban Patrol Scripts 5.0.9 by Kronzky or Monsada ("or" because it says so in the Readme - I don't know what it means). Many thanks to the Author(s) of this awesome package that allowed me to make a mission to my likings in what I consider to be a short time.

Download link:

1.06: (team members playable in MP & SP):

Download

Bugs fixed or new features:

• some fixing of the end mechanism (end trigger, some faulty names etc.)
  • ammo box now US Army Ammo
  • for the event of the whole team surviving (incl. team Bravo) the chopper at the end has been changed to a blackhawk

• fixed a waypoint so that mission hopefully ends even after teamswitch and in multiplayer. untested!!

• made other teammembers now playable -> Teamswitch or Multiplayer
  • trigger changes to make it a little easier (preveous version provided)
  • yet more tweaks on the insertion: slightly different approach (I'll never get it right) and chopper removed after insertion so the team leader won't ask you to enter the chopper that is miles away when you team switch or are in state of agony thus not the team leader.

• fixed a marker

• helicopter extraction at the end
  • no more mods are necessary to play this mission

• final trigger now ends the mission
  • helicopter insertion less slow and closer to the action

I hope you'll have some fun playing it.

This mission was created with Arma 2 CO 1.59 and I recommend using the JSRS Soundmod. It is a very good sound mod and I would not play this mission without it.

Edited by rosentorf

Fixed some bugs today. The mission ending trigger had some wrong conditions in it. Also I'll see to it, that the guys get a proper extraction after all the fighting.

Thanks, I'm due for something new. About to give it a go.

was about to try the mission but JRS Soundmod is required.

if you editing and save a mission you should do this without mods or people have to use the addons u use, just for your info;)

I had a good time so far, some standard ARMA glitches made me rage quit, mission seems fine though.

Thanks for the info on the mod thingy Coffeecat! I completely forgot that I was using that mod. It's always on and I did not think of it.

I am glad you enjoyed the mission HyperU2. :D

I hope for more feedback from anyone playing this.

BTW: Added helicopter extraction at the end and removed the necessity for mods!!

Hello rosentorf,

at first, thx for that great mission!

I´ve played the mission two times and i´m out of words.

Awesome work and don´t worry about bugs, i didn´t find any...:)

Because i´m an Hardcore Sp-Player i´ve written a Preview about your Mission.

If you want to read it look here:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=856&entries=0#post6814

A translation in english will be published soon, too!

Once again: Thx alot for this great job!

Greetings

McLupo

English Translation of the Mission - Preview:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=857&entries=0#post6827

Edited by McLupo

Nice preview matey! You always do such great stuff to support the Addons, Mods and Missions by this community! I feel thankfull to get you as a good friend on my side! Awesome mate, and many thanks!

As well to rosentorf! Great mission. The Patrol script makes it different evrytime I play it! But nice mission all over mate!

Thanks alot!

Jarhead

Hi rosentorf!

Since the topic header was Rasman Valley [sP|CO] I presumed it was intended also for coop mode. However, I uploaded it to the CiA coop server, try it, and only 1 slot is available (we use a standalone Linux server, I hope your mission is compatible).

This mission sounds great, could you make the other fighters playable?

Hello McLupo,

vielen Dank für deinen Bericht! I am really glad you liked my mission so much and I am also happy that you really "got" what I was thinking when I made this. The Briefing is very basic indeed and I hope to get that fixed some time soon. It is my first ever finished mission and it should have a good setting but I don't want to make the story too cheesy. I will give it a try this weekend. I guess I should add some more weapons too (I can see that you got yourself a different gun in your screenshots :p). I just thought adding all possible weapons makes the gear dialog too crowded.

Thanks again for your review!

And you too Jarhead! When previewing missions in the editor (mod free!) I always realize how important your mod is for my complete ArmA experience.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Hey Variable,

Yes I know I realised too late when I already had posted the mission. With CO I meant Combined Operations. But don't worry! I just uploaded 1.04, please check it out if that is what you wanted.

Edited by rosentorf

I played version 1.03 after reading mcLupo's more than enthusiastic review. The only (minor) bug i found that the mission did not end - the helicopter suddenly stopped in mid-air and I had to push [Esc] to end the mission. The mission itself played very well and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for sharing this mission!

By the way, I liked the short and concise briefing.

Hmm, just tried the trigger and it worked. I am sorry but it is possible that something got messed up between the versions 1.02 and 1.03 when I was tweaking the extraction and I had a waypoint very close to the end trigger. There might have been two 1.03 versions. :lookaround: It might help if you have coordinates of where the helicopter stopped (was it 077 106 ??). Maybe it is from the "earlier" 1.03.

I'll try it on the weekend but if someone finds out earlier if this bug persists in 1.04 let me know. Right now I don't see why it did not work.

Anyway glad you liked the mission!!

Edited by rosentorf

The helicopter stopped at the bottom right corner of 076 107, but please don't waste your time on this detail unless more people complain.

Okay, don't worry, there is nothing I can do anyway as I can't find anything broke (doesn't mean there is nothing broke). :) The coordinates tell me that we are talking about the same version regarding the last helicopter waypoint. I will now wait and see if this happens to anyone else.

Hello Variable,

Yes I know I realised too late when I already had posted the mission. With CO I meant Combined Operations. But don't worry! I just uploaded 1.04, please check it out if that is what you wanted.

Gave the mission a quick test now and all slots are available to be manned by humans in a coop. Thanks rosentorf!

Mission has been uploaded to the CiA coop server and will be played on the CiA coop nights! Details on my signature.

Cool, but just that you know the mission was not created for MP in mind. I tried to mess with the ending (1.05) to make it work for MP and teamswitch but I did not test it or the rest of the mission for that matter. Let me know how it goes.

Variable,

check out 1.06 if you want to play MP. I changed some stuff that hopefully makes the ending work with or without any human team members or any ai team members. Also I changed the ammo boxes to be more useful.

I don't claim its bug free but it is better than the last version.

Meanwhile I tried 1.05 in COOP mode with 3 human players. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to finish the mission, but I'm pleased to confirm that we didn't find any bugs during the first half of the game.

Hi Rosentorf, played the 1.03 version (hadn't realized you were up to 1.06). Anyway ...

... when I get to destroy the ammo cache, it won't blow up regardless of many HE rounds I put into it. Neither I nor any of my men have satchel charges or similar. Did you intend for it to be so hard to destroy, or was that something that was fixed in later versions?

Or maybe I should have found some satchel charges before getting this far :)

Thanks for a very enjoyable mission so far!

-OP

Hey old_painlesss,

just use what is right there:

look into the ammo box in the house, the ones you are supposed to be destroying.There are charges in there. Also you can get satchels in the briefing

Edited by rosentorf

Allright, thanks.

After trying some things I did stand beside the ammo cache and looked into Gear to see if I could use that. I'll have another try and look around for the ammo box, is that separate from the ammo cache (big pile of crates)?

Variable,

check out 1.06 if you want to play MP. I changed some stuff that hopefully makes the ending work with or without any human team members or any ai team members. Also I changed the ammo boxes to be more useful.

I don't claim its bug free but it is better than the last version.

Thanks! The CiA coop server is now updated with version 1.06 of "Rasman Valley".

Hi, just restarted this with the 1.60 patch. One of my men (no.2) is always killed by the helicopter as we disembark at the mission start. Has anyone else experienced this?

I just tried and it worked fine for me? Which version of the mission are you using? I noticed that the download link did not work anymore. I fixed it and you can download the latest version if you not already use that version.

If that does not work, can you tell me what no. 2 gets killed by or is it just random?