Sign in to follow this  
resistance-rat

Editor questions

We know that Carrier Command is not powered by RV engine. So that's make a lot of questions about sandbox of this game.

So..

Will the game have mission editor included?

Will be the editor similiar to Arma games editor?

Will it have SQS, SQF support?

Cheers.

hardly depend used engine, i guess. what it could be ? CE3 ? UE3.5 ? something in-house made?

on some, supplied dev tools was nightmarish unusable enough to make you think twice even before look at them, let alone use.

Some sort of editor would be cool. I'm past the days where I use them myself, but that doesn't stop anyone else from making neat stuff with them. :P

I am really curious about this as well. I want to make 3D Machinima with this game. What type of scripting, editor and mod capability does CC have?

They have said that this should be the subject of the next round of "Community in Command" questions, so you may get some official answers soon.

G

The answer to the editor and modding have been answered as TBD at a later date. I will likely still be picking up the game but as someone who spends 99% of my time in the Arma 2 Editor and using several mods, it is a little dissapointing. That being said, I do understand that this is a different engine used and that tools just can't be whipped out, there is a process invloved to make sure it is done right and well.

My feeling is the quicker an in game editor and modding tools/ability are added the more likely this game will succeed past the hardcore fans.

I would also love an ‘Editor’ as I too spend most of my time making missions in Arma 2. Still fully understand the work involved and will be buying this in hope for the future and maybe an ‘Editor’ of some type..

Oh and hello..

hardly depend used engine, i guess. what it could be ? CE3 ? UE3.5 ? something in-house made?

on some, supplied dev tools was nightmarish unusable enough to make you think twice even before look at them, let alone use.

They are using an in-house engine, but not Real Virtuality.