Sign in to follow this  
HazelnutSpread

Demo Swat Mission trouble/problems

Hi everyone! I am playing the TOH demo ( sadly on a keyboard an mouse) , and I'm having some problems I was wondering if you could help me with.

First off, how do I enter 3d person view? I am trying to hover above the room of the swat mission so they can rope out, but it is really hard to see if I am above the roof or not

and when I use auto hover over the rooftop, the helicopter suddenly starts spinning wildly to the right, as if my guy had his foot slammed down on the right pedal or something ? I am still hovering in place just spinning wildly for some reason

On sunday my friend is letting me borrow his joystick so I can play the real way, but can anyone help with these problems? Thanks in advance!

well hovering stationary on a rooftop in high winds is kind of advance for someone beginning to fly helos and without a proper joystick/pedal/track ir setup. though i don't know why you're spinning, make sure you check that your autohover button is not overlapping with your pedals.

Auto hover is set to spacebar, and my pedals are on completely different buttons, I wonder if its a bug or something? Its funny how one of the first missions they give you in the demo is advanced considering beginners would be playing the demo right? haha oh well its still fun!

well.... sort of advance... but hovering is very basic in helicopter flying. you learn that first before anything else. hovering in high wind makes it more difficult especially if it's gusty.

First off, how do I enter 3d person view?

NumEnter by default :)

and when I use auto hover over the rooftop, the helicopter suddenly starts spinning wildly to the right

Auto-hover as it's implemented is meant to be an assistance tool for the game, and not to simulate something available in real helicopters (they can have stability systems, but not like this). Try to slow down on your own before engaging auto-hover. Let it handle the stability, but not the braking.