Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Stagler's Spetsnaz GRU

They aren't ear muffs, read his post more thoroughly next time. Also I remember those units fondly, were groundbreaking in terms of quality for the time.

Apparently colonel had re-edited his post after I had already replied to it, hence the confusion... I used to love those units as well. I guess their author was going for the old radio headphone look (like the one that comes with R-159 radios). That would sort of make sense, if the unit in question is actually wearing a platoon/company radio on his back. It doesn't make much sense for the individual soldiers and their portable communications equipment though. Either way, the R-159 headphones are small and flat, the bulky look of the headgear that is depicted by the colonel can only be associated with an ear muff... or a gaming headphone ;)

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

Next update will be soon so calm down calm down ;)

I have lengthened the KZS suit so it goes down to the ankles instead of being tucked in the boots.

I have removed more excess radios.

I am also working on some special backpacks but need Dwarden's help on this. It depends if hes in a good mood.

I have fixed the NVGs for Fingolfin, thanks to Binkowskis help.

I will think about changing the shooter and spotter. But I am happy with them for now. I do have a hood model but its a bit shit so ill have to see. I might give the shooter a hood.

The same headphones are also on the SARMATs Spetsnaz Units. They kindly gave me the model to use.

Next update will be soon so calm down calm down ;)

I have lengthened the KZS suit so it goes down to the ankles instead of being tucked in the boots.

I have removed more excess radios.

I am also working on some special backpacks but need Dwarden's help on this. It depends if hes in a good mood.

I have fixed the NVGs for Fingolfin, thanks to Binkowskis help.

I will think about changing the shooter and spotter. But I am happy with them for now. I do have a hood model but its a bit shit so ill have to see. I might give the shooter a hood.

The same headphones are also on the SARMATs Spetsnaz Units. They kindly gave me the model to use.

good update list, and regarding those headphones coming from SARMAT. they're the russians, they know all...

good update list, and regarding those headphones coming from SARMAT. they're the russians, they know all...

Technically speaking they are Ukrainian... Do you expect the US addon makers to make no mistakes in their addons? Probably not... Then why do you have more faith in the Russians?

Peace,

Dreday

Edited by DreDay

I believe that the headphone is an older peltors model.

Technically speaking they are Ukrainian... Do you expect the US addon makers to make no mistakes in their addons? Probably not... Then why do you have more faith in the Russians?

Peace,

Dreday

I dunno because SARMAT is a household name among the addon community that's been known to make quality addons for a long time? I dunno, maybe that?

Hi,

DreDay can you say me how you can affirmed "it just doesn't look GRU" ?

The GRU is implement in lot of division and majority of time "in the shadow".

But we know as the GRU have the control of the 45th Separate Reconnaissance Regiment (VDV) So we can we inspire of the photo of this regiment, as that vidéo :

The dress code of GRU can be extremly different.

Only make more variant of camouflage (Sever VDV, Sumrak, Palma44) and maybe a variant with 6B23 ballistic vest and this addon will be perfect for me.

2 coins :)

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Kis4m3

Ok. I give up. You've convinced me. SARMAT are experts on all things Russian military and GRU snipers run around in combat conditions with Peltor headsets. I've tried to point out an obvious inaccuracy, but life's too short to argue over this.

Cheers gents!

DreDay

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Hi,

DreDay can you say me how you can affirmed "it just doesn't look GRU" ?

The GRU is implement in lot of division and majority of time "in the shadow".

But we know as the GRU have the control of the 45th Separate Reconnaissance Regiment (VDV) So we can we inspire of the photo of this regiment, as that vidéo :

The dress code of GRU can be extremly different.

2 coins :)

Sorry for my bad english.

There are a lot of outfits that would fit the GRU look. I certainly agree on that point... The "GRU look" was just my subjective concept of what a typical GRU operator would look like, and hence what an addon maker should try to portray.

The 45th ORP has absolutely nothing to do with the GRU. It is subordinated to the Reconnaissance Directorate of the VDV and answers directly to the chief of the VDV. I didn't look through all the 10 minutes of your video, but I've browsed through it and I am not sure what exactly you want me to notice...

Your English is good, I can understand you quite well.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

I can't enter in the details because I must go at my job. The vidéo is here for inspiration.

For 45th i'm sure of I. it is operationally subordinate to the GRU.

For exemple on August 2008 in Georgia :

45th Separate Reconnaissance Regiment (Special Operations) of Airborne Forces

- 22nd brigade of GRU special forces

- 10th brigade of GRU special forces

- 2 companies of the GRU special forces battalion Vostok

- 1 company of the GRU special forces battalion Zapad

But I think it's changed recently, I must informed me.

As far as I know, 45th ORP was never subordinated to the GRU. In the august of 2008 they were operating in interest of the VDV group of force in Abkhazia (under the command of Lt Gen Shamanov, who is now the commander of the VDV).

It might have changed as of late, as the whole Russian SOF structure is undergoing reform, but I seriously doubt that VDV would give up control over them. If you find any information to the contrary pls PM me with it.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

Ok. I give up. You've convinced me. SARMAT are experts on all things Russian military and GRU snipers run around in combat conditions with Peltor headsets. I've tried to point out an obvious inaccuracy, but life's too short to argue over this.

Cheers gents!

DreDay

Also Arma2 is a game, if colonel stagler wants to go for that look on the addons its his choice. Don't start moaning about the addon, be thankful. it takes time to make an addon, give us abit of credit. If you don't like it, go make your own addon.

The Woodland guys are based off the 45th VDV SRR.

I also havent got a 6b23 vest currently, TRFS have one that they could probably give me if i wish to make some GRU guys wearing armour but hey ho.

Edited by colonel stagler

Stagler I tried adding you on Steam, having a slight issue with your guys in this replacement pack I am attempting to do.

If Peltors are good enough for Karden on his blog. Im sure they are good enough for my special forces.

But who says that the GRU wouldnt wear a cap? As far as AKM tells me they wear what the fuck they like.

Exactly, their operators!:D

Keep up the good work mayn.

Also Arma2 is a game, if colonel stagler wants to go for that look on the addons its his choice. Don't start moaning about the addon, be thankful. it takes time to make an addon, give us abit of credit. If you don't like it, go make your own addon.

I don't appreciate your tone and I completely disagree with the premise of your message. I have a ton of respect and appreciation for Colonel Stagler's work - I think that I have made that pretty clear in my earlier posts. I was (and still am)operating under the assumption that he cares about making realistic addons and I had offered my (respectful) opinion on where his addon diverges from reality. It's his choice whether to consider it or not, but it's certainly my right as a long-standing member of our community to voice that opinion. It's a simple exchange of perceptions and view points that goes on in this thread. That's how adults communicate. There is no whining (I believe that's what you had meant) going on here. Please don't put the words in my mouth and please don't tell me what to do; I take certain amount of pride in a way that I carry myself on this forum and your comment is completely off the mark.

DreDay

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

If Peltors are good enough for Karden on his blog. Im sure they are good enough for my special forces.

Well it's your addon, and it's your call. But if you care for my opinion on this - Karden is a member of MVD Spetsnaz their gear and kit are very different from what GRU would typically use. Moreover, all of his blog pictures are posed or training montages. None of them show the actual combat deployments.

Now for the Peltors and similar devices. I have no first hand experience with them, but from what I've read they are used in training for hearing protection and occasionally in vehicles/buildings during the actual combat missions. However they would not be used in the field because they terribly distort the audio perception of the battle and make it extremely difficult to identify the direction of the incoming fire. I think that the complete lack of pictures of Russians using them during the combat deployments backs that up...

Again, since a lot of people here apparently can't distinguish between offering an opinion and bashing someone - this is just my opinion/suggestion, you are free to do as you please with your addon...

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

Come on guys. Lets turn the hate level down two notches. This is the internet, and its a serious place!

I have removed the peltors and the cap from the sniper and spotter and they now have a hood and these headsets like the middle guy is wearing instead.

http://www.spezialeinheiten.net/images/Artikelbilder/russland_2.jpg

The cap and peltors can go on my fsb when they are finished.

Edited by colonel stagler

Stop updating that often, colonel! I have to add an mgunner everytime ;).

The backpacks hang un-naturally low on ACE anyway. The straps on the Smersh I will fix though.

DiFool. Update wont be out till next week.

Come on guys. Lets turn the hate level down two notches. This is the internet, and its a serious place!

I have removed the peltors and the cap from the sniper and spotter and they now have a hood and these headsets like the middle guy is wearing instead.

http://www.spezialeinheiten.net/images/Artikelbilder/russland_2.jpg

The cap and peltors can go on my fsb when they are finished.

Brilliant! Very much appreciate you listening to my input!! Tanks again colonel.

Peace,

DreDay