Sign in to follow this  
revenant_ghost

lag on good pc? why?

Hi guys, i have a problem, i installed arma2 on my mom's pc that is a 2.2ghz; 2gb ram; 512mb graphic card, and arma2 worked very well, with totally no lag. Then i installed it on my pc: 2.4ghz quadcore; 4gb ram; 1gb graphic card, and i have an incredible lag, i cant even walk or turn around, to do 360° i kake 10-15seconds, the arrow moves soooooo slow, evrything laggs, even WASD to walk lags, i press W and it starts walking 2 seconds later, i dont know about the fps but i dont think are not more than 2 or 3 lol, if not even 1, why the hell? i know this pc isnt the best ever, but my mom's one is worst, so on this it should run perfectly but it doesnt, anyone can help me? sorry for my english, is not my first language D:

EDIT: used low insted of medium but nothing changed, maybe the fps was at 10, but still laggy as hell, and it random crashes.

Edited by revenant_ghost

Hi guys, i have a problem, i installed arma2 on my mom's pc that is a 2.2ghz; 2gb ram; 512mb graphic card, and arma2 worked very well, with totally no lag. Then i installed it on my pc: 2.4ghz quadcore; 4gb ram; 1gb graphic card, and i have an incredible lag, i cant even walk or turn around, to do 360° i kake 10-15seconds, the arrow moves soooooo slow, evrything laggs, even WASD to walk lags, i press W and it starts walking 2 seconds later, i dont know about the fps but i dont think are not more than 2 or 3 lol, if not even 1, why the hell? i know this pc isnt the best ever, but my mom's one is worst, so on this it should run perfectly but it doesnt, anyone can help me? sorry for my english, is not my first language D:

EDIT: used low insted of medium but nothing changed, maybe the fps was at 10, but still laggy as hell, and it random crashes.

Are you using Antialising? If so, disable it and see if that helps.

Mess around with the Video Memory option. When I changed from my crappy 5970 to my GTX 580, it was still set at "default" which I believe is recommended for ATi. The Nvidia card felt a bit slow, turning caused sluggishness and slow texture load.

Set it to Very High and everything was perfect.

Also, try and defrag your drive and update GPU drivers.

Maybe a little more info on your system would help.

What op, wich grapic card, wich processor?

You should also post your rpt file.

I would think you have a lot of crap running on your comp to get that performance.

Have you test to disable your anti virus before start, (have bad experiance with avg).

One thing is to check how many processes you have running on the comp.

t_roc i got windows 7 ultimate 32 bit; intel Q6600 @2.40ghz; 4gb ram DDR3, about the graphic card i dont know how to check wich one it is, but im sure is 1gb.

sethos i dont need to defrag lol, just bought new HDD and reinstalled all today xD so there's pretty nothing to defrag, and about the rest you said i understood zero 'cause im not that good with those technical things lol.

jedra how to check if im using and what's that anyway? xD

That seems like a lower end chip, ie it's not i3,5,7. Despite being a quad core, and I higher clock speed, it's actual performance may be slower. (amazing, huh?)

Also, make sure you power supply is at least 650 watts

New PC or old PC? Might have some slower parts that are bottle necking performance. Might be getting hot, etc.

Actually i do maintenance so often, just finished it today because i wanted a new HDD and a new mobo so i asked the technician to do a total maintenance as usual, he told me that was a good idea to change the mobo because was not so old but still not a good one, so i have a better one now, dont ask me wich one cuz i have really no idea, changed ram too to dd3 because the rams i had before wasnt good with the new mobo, so i can say the pc works at 100% of his performances, the case is a cooler master with many fans and the cpu temperature is regular, and the power supply have no problems because the tec. checked all the hardware parts...

t_roc i got windows 7 ultimate 32 bit; intel Q6600 @2.40ghz; 4gb ram DDR3, about the graphic card i dont know how to check wich one it is, but im sure is 1gb.

sethos i dont need to defrag lol, just bought new HDD and reinstalled all today xD so there's pretty nothing to defrag, and about the rest you said i understood zero 'cause im not that good with those technical things lol.

Maybe you should give us the windows classification of your system.

This help us to get to your problem point.

What's your video settings ingame?

my screen res is 1920x1080 but on arma2 i use 1280x720, tried using the same res of the screen but nothing changed...

Maybe you should give us the windows classification of your system.

This help us to get to your problem point.

cpu 7.1

ram 7.1

graphic card 6.2

game graphics 6.1

hdd 5.9

First you need to give more info about your system. A very handy program is CPUID Hardware Monitor

It will show you (and us) most of what we need to know.

Second, what's your pagefile size? If it's wrong it could be causing the issue also. But really, specific info about your HW will help greatly

First you need to give more info about your system. A very handy program is CPUID Hardware Monitor

It will show you (and us) most of what we need to know.

Second, what's your pagefile size? If it's wrong it could be causing the issue also. But really, specific info about your HW will help greatly

pagewhat? guys i know almost nothing about those things, i just wanna play arma on my pc... and i dont get why it doesnt work here D: can u explain what you just asked me?

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

i dont know what the hell im writing but i think is what u asked me:

SYSTIN 30°C

CPUTIN 36°C

ALL THE FANS AROUND 800RPM

ALL THE 4 CORES AROUND 50°C (MIN AROUND 48 MAX AROUND 56)

ASSEMBLY (wtf is that? is something like WDC WD1002FAEX ecc..) 30°C

GRAPHIC CARD 36°C

the voltages are

CPU VCORE 1.22V

VIN1 1.83V

+3.3V 3.38V

+5V 5.06V

+12V 11.43V

VIN6 1.38V

ok, i have no idea what the hell i typed lol, just copied, i hope is what u asked.

Telling us what exactly your videocard is will be a good start.

The amount of videoRAM can easily mean nothing when comparing videocards as 512 MB Radeon 4850 will eat 1GB Radeon 1950 on breakfast as an example.

CPU-Z at the website linked above is a good software to show you your system. Use videocard tab there.

Edited by metalcraze

In the in-game video settings there will be a section called Antialisaing, you can set it to off, low, normal or high - make sure it is off. Antialising basically smooths out jagged lines but depending on your graphics card can cause a major performance hit.

The view distance is at the top of the same page - setting it to about 2600 should give you enough for a foot soldier. Setting this all the way to the right will give you a major performance hit.

ALL THE 4 CORES AROUND 50°C (MIN AROUND 48 MAX AROUND 56)

Is this measured in idle? If so, it might overheat when under load.

Idle means, no CPU intense programm is running and CPU load is close to 0% (up to 10% can be considered idle aswell for this case).

Also as already said, type og GPU (Graphic card) would be a important information. As already pointed, there are lowend Graphic cards available with 1GB VRam just to have a selling argument ("hey, it's a good card, it has 1GB on it").

Regarding the temps, i think it isn't the worst idea to check if the CPU heat sink is free of dust and dirt. A brush and a vacuum cleaner can do miracles there. But be sure to disconnect power cord previously and be very cautious with the cleaner inside the case.

I'm pretty sure that aside of weak GPU and low clock CPU his HDD still IDE too..?You gonna need to play with ingame video options though, like disable Vsync, that was the 1st thing i did..

Anyways, close all backround programs and applications that you dont need.

(leave antivirus on though ;P) try this -

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18512_4-10913645.html

clean your registry and junk files - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

CPU cap, likely. even 4 Ghz/OC CPU's owners saw incomfortable performance from time to time.