Sign in to follow this  
rallyolle

More gun simulation? interaction

Would you like to see manual cycling and/or cocking of the weapons?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see manual cycling and/or cocking of the weapons?

• Yes
    • Yes, but as a difficulty option
    • No, it's a bad idea
    • Restrict it to manually operated weapons
    • Restrict it to semiautomatic weapons
    • Restrict it to stealthy weapons
    • Other option (please elaborate)

I would like to know what the results would be just for manual cocking without the reload overhaul suggestions in the original post that seem to get most people opposing all of it.

That is a much better idea.

Manual cocking for single shot weapons is a good idea. Having it like RO where you have to just left click will suffice (simple but does the job)

Why not just being forced to reload the gun with a small time delay and more animations(of trying to fix the problem)

Lets just start from separating fire mode from weapon selection, ok?:)

And fast reload (double tap R) is interesting. But currently magazines arent kept anyway, so then why would you need 'normal' reload?

So, it looks like the response was quite negative on this one. Personally, I think this should be a difficulty option, but other seemed to disagree.

Fast reload would be interesting if the magazine could be kept for later use (for example, being able to reload it from an ammo box or by prying rounds from the LMG belt).

BTW, I did search the forum for similar threads, and I didn't find what I wanted. The "More gun simulation/interaction" thread didn't had a pool, and I wanted to see how exactly the opinions are divided on this. I agree with the merge, if I didn't want a pool, I'd just post in that thread (AFAIK, it's not possible to add a pool to someone else's thread).

Lets just start from separating fire mode from weapon selection, ok?:)

And fast reload (double tap R) is interesting. But currently magazines arent kept anyway, so then why would you need 'normal' reload?

I mean if your current mag is say half full but you want a fresh full mag for your next engagement (a room clearance for example) then you retain that mag as we already do in A2 with a normal reload, but if you want a fast reload then it falls away to save time by not putting it into a pouch and then grabbing a full mag.

For example.

Hx0JzYcwUiY

EqYxhanNimA

Yeah and I'll get my octopus to help me press the keys .... voted NO. Bad idea.

Yeah and I'll get my octopus to help me press the keys .... voted NO. Bad idea.
No worry you can program the keys on a gaming keyboard, I do that for most key combinations...actually using complicated combos on keyboard is for noobs that do not know gaming keyboard programing ;) so in the end you press G12 instead of R and outcome is the same. :)

No worry you can program the keys on a gaming keyboard, I do that for most key combinations...actually using complicated combos on keyboard is for noobs that do not know gaming keyboard programing ;) so in the end you press G12 instead of R and outcome is the same. :)

again, you think everyone is using a gaming keyboard, which is hardly the case. I for one don't use those sort of i33t looking keyboards for a number of reasons:

1. i hate how they look. most of them anyways. I guess the only exception are the steel series ones: i own a ss 6G together with a ss xai on my gaming rig.

2. feeling the ctrl shift ect buttons at the end of my board is mandatory for my 3d workflow. Having more keys to the side of my board is NOT an option.

but the point is moot. there is no need for even more keybinds, there are enough as it is...

It would be really cool to have some of those features with animation included, at least for Weapon Jam, fast reload, tactical reload, etc

I was thinking about it one of these days.

Press "R" for the standard reload (mag out of pouch => mag into pouch)

Press and hold "R" for a quick reload (discard the current magazine. BONUS if the mag appear on the ground a la R6 and SWAT; capsules aswell)

Shift + "R" to check ammo (Assuming that won´t be a ammo counter this time...)

Dry reload vs .... wet??? should have diferences too.

EDIT: Another thing, see how your mags are displayed here when they are not empty and you can cycle through them when you reload.

440swat0005_1112911238.jpg

This would be nice to.

Edited by Smurf

EDIT: I am also very confused about the url tags displaying a picture in your post instead of a link, what kind of magic is this?

When you quote someone turns into , which is good.

I would like to know what the results would be just for manual cocking without the reload overhaul suggestions in the original post that seem to get most people opposing all of it.

I don't play RO. Does that feature promote button spamming when you play? For instance, you want to shoot faster so instead of pushing the button once to fire and once to reload, you just hammer on the fire button and the bullets come whenever they get there...?

I don't play RO. Does that feature promote button spamming when you play? For instance, you want to shoot faster so instead of pushing the button once to fire and once to reload, you just hammer on the fire button and the bullets come whenever they get there...?

Having good timing is much more beneficial than spamming your fire button. You can try the spamming theory right now in Arma 2 by shooting enemies with a bolt rifle only by rapidly clicking fire.

Here is an improved thread about that topic btw.

Having good timing is much more beneficial than spamming your fire button. You can try the spamming theory right now in Arma 2 by shooting enemies with a bolt rifle only by rapidly clicking fire.

Here is an improved thread about that topic btw.

Uhm, that's not what I was asking. I don't have any 'theory'. I was asking if that gameplay item promotes button spamming.

Yes, you can shoot a little faster (the bottleneck is the animations anyway) but since you have to re-adquire the target after every shot, you just do it when in dispair (bleeding to death). But I click twice when knowing (or presuming) that there is no enemy nearby, this way it work as if the bolting was automatic.

EDIT: And I might be wrong since you bolt\reload the rifle faster when in higher levels as that class.

Uhm, that's not what I was asking. I don't have any 'theory'. I was asking if that gameplay item promotes button spamming.

short answer - no, it doesn't

All for it, yes! Just one thing:

I can imagine the ingame interface and mechanism required to clear a jammed weapon on an XBox360 pad (examine with right stick, identify, press a - x - y according to nature of stoppage), but it just doesn´t work on a keyboard & mouse basis where you already have a bunch of keystrokes crammed into a third of your available keyboard space for 'convenience' reasons.