Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² All-in-one-Demo + Patch²

First, i want to THANK U all that work in this project. Second, i know this is not a reimagine, but i like the HMMWV in campaing,u could use the jeep in the inicial missions of the campaing and the HMMWVin later missions. Keep the good work.

As the mission are intended primarily for coop the doneKeys and activeateKey statements were not included, but I can add those in an update. Various missions are to be readjusted anyway once the weather conditions will properly cloud the skies in darkness again.

Regards,

Sander

I just played the Cobra Assault mission (:cool:), and I don't think it has the doneKeys and activeateKey statements either, as I get no green completion marker. :(

It's the same for me. We shall have to change that.

Speaking of cobra assault and the cobra, I'm yet to get any feed back on the sound effects ^_^. I'm speaking specifically of the exterior, interior, and rotor slap sounds.

I'll check the sounds again now. Everything seemed really natural, and I was focused on the mission. There were new tank sounds also, right?

I also got no green completion marker for Battlefields, and that mission REALLY needs one (takes several hours to beat, really something on Veteran with enemies only occasionally revealed by red symbols and never on map). Brutal bloodbath in the misty fields. I picked up an M60 off a dead soldier. That is a really awesome weapon!!!!!

I am noticing lots of AI engaging AI (and me) through vegetation. There have been many 1.60 fixes related to that issue, including this one:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24177

which has only been partially fixed for 1.60 RC2 (which I'm using). Hmmm.

You know, in Patch 1, the green markers worked fine for all the campaign missions and scenarios.

----------------

Yes the cobra sounds are perfect and completely natural, especially the rotor slap and engine.

Looks good, too:

4ecf48164107125.jpg

1afa37164107117.jpg

6ac6f0164107135.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Thank you very much for the feedback. It was my worry that the tail rotor sound was too loud. I found it difficult to balance the tail rotor loudness in comparison to the turbine and the blade slap.

Edited by Max Power

If I remember correctly, wasn't the mainscreen showing desert island with a group of soldiers walking by, some old rusty tanks / trucks an a few crosses here and there? ^^

Yes.

The one we have now is the main screen for the xbox, I think, and we're using it right now to show off Everon and our units (and some sweet LOD switching).

The Everon screen with tanks was there in PC OFP too I think although it had russians attacking that outpost.

@metalcraze: you're probably mixing up Everon with Malden. The chosen one and famous cutscene on Malden had americans attacking russian-controlled outpost at Lollise and then holding it. I'm sure in 2001 or even 2002 such scenes looked outstanding!

The problem is that someone seems to have been smoking when signing those two addons :D

The signatures are created for P3D instead of PBO:

cwr2_cain_w_data.p3d.cwr2.bisign

cwr2_editor.p3d.cwr2.bisign

ticketed @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26881

:mad:

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town for the past week and the only one holding the private key...

Here are new .bisign files for the above mentioned pbo's. Please check them and report again if they are still wrong/not working.

I guess the small "inaccuracys" comes from ofp-elite? In OFP-CWC it was a jeep, not a hmmwv.

The HMMWV is a placeholder because there is no Jeep model available yet.

All missions (SP, MP and Campaigns) are from the PC Version. The xbox missions are no longer used, except if they were not available for PC.

I'm in shock, the best campaign I've ever played, I can not wait to see the full version. Gentlemen, I have great respect for the work!

:mad:

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town for the past week and the only one holding the private key...

Here are new .bisign files for the above mentioned pbo's. Please check them and report again if they are still wrong/not working.

Already did mate, 3 minutes after posting them on CWR2 Tracker :) http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26881#note-8

Hi everyone....

Well... since the current CWR2 Everon is primarily my responsibility, I figured it was about time I showed up to take some of the flak... :)

Firstly.... thanks very much to everyone who's said Nice Things about the current Everon version... it's been a while "maturing" now, and colour palettes, etc are all blending a little better in this version... I'm particularly pleased the hayfield and other FPS issues seem to have been solved for everyone... Due to techie reasons, the groundcell size on Everon is a little bigger than the norm, and since that's often one of the major drag-factors on FPS, Everon should perform well - perhaps even "better than average", despite all that vegetation.

I'm also glad everyone's happy with the new CWR2 Trees & Veg selection! In most cases these have been species and also overall size/shape matched to the originals whenever possible..... there are differences though, since BIS' idea of, for example, what a "beech tree" should look like has evolved over the years since OFP. As far as possible, the new stuff is as close to the original as possible... however....

some plants in Montignac Everon seems a little bit too tall. And I can still remember when I play the clean sweap 10 years ago, there will be a bush where I always hide in prone but now the low bush is replaced by a small tree so that I can no longer hide there.

ALL the Arma2 veg is tall in comparison with OFP, where everything was smaller - even the people ;)

However, there's nobody who appreciates a Good Bush more than me! and there's nothing more deeply disappointing than heading for a Favourite Bush, only to find it's not as useful as it used to be!

... if anyone is disappointed by a little thing like this, give me an exact location, and even preferably a location pic of the offending veg and I'll do my best to swap em for more suitable ones.

On to apologies...:o...

Particularly the dreadful "stormy weather error"... my fault entirely of course... while being too busily focussed on removing the artificial horizon hills and messing with the lighting conditions, I stacked up the various weather types - and put "maximum sunshine" where "maximum storm" should have gone!....

If you think that was a dumbass error, you should see some of the behind-the-scenes ones I've made recently....:o

Fortunately, since I've so far escaped being shot at dawn, all those little fixes should emerge as an Everon microupdate in due course - whenever Wolle decides...

Finally, on a more personal note, I'd be delighted to see any kick-ass screenshots you guys might have been taking!

Everon is currently my "texturing showcase" terrain, so I'm quite keen to collect good (hi-res, maximum graphical bling, no shiney cows ;)) landscapey-type shots at the moment... please feel free to post/PM any images you may have captured that you're pleased with...

Of all the CWR2 islands, in fact.....

As you guys may have noticed, unlike some other Mods I could mention, who're all hype and little substance... CWR2 is almost all substance, and our hype is often minimal at best :D

We do have a screenshots gallery though, and so any nice ones that turn up may well find themselves as part of our promotional material too!...

Guess that's all for now... a Big Thanks once again to everyone who's reported flaws or bugs, or even just reported that they've enjoyed playing the Mod! - you guys having fun is our reward!

B

Hi everyone....

Well... since the current CWR2 Everon is primarily my responsibility, I figured it was about time I showed up to take some of the flak... :)

Firstly.... thanks very much to everyone who's said Nice Things about the current Everon version... it's been a while "maturing" now, and colour palettes, etc are all blending a little better in this version... I'm particularly pleased the hayfield and other FPS issues seem to have been solved for everyone... Due to techie reasons, the groundcell size on Everon is a little bigger than the norm, and since that's often one of the major drag-factors on FPS, Everon should perform well - perhaps even "better than average", despite all that vegetation.

I'm also glad everyone's happy with the new CWR2 Trees & Veg selection! In most cases these have been species and also overall size/shape matched to the originals whenever possible..... there are differences though, since BIS' idea of, for example, what a "beech tree" should look like has evolved over the years since OFP. As far as possible, the new stuff is as close to the original as possible... however....

ALL the Arma2 veg is tall in comparison with OFP, where everything was smaller - even the people ;)

However, there's nobody who appreciates a Good Bush more than me! and there's nothing more deeply disappointing than heading for a Favourite Bush, only to find it's not as useful as it used to be!

... if anyone is disappointed by a little thing like this, give me an exact location, and even preferably a location pic of the offending veg and I'll do my best to swap em for more suitable ones.

On to apologies...:o...

Particularly the dreadful "stormy weather error"... my fault entirely of course... while being too busily focussed on removing the artificial horizon hills and messing with the lighting conditions, I stacked up the various weather types - and put "maximum sunshine" where "maximum storm" should have gone!....

If you think that was a dumbass error, you should see some of the behind-the-scenes ones I've made recently....:o

Fortunately, since I've so far escaped being shot at dawn, all those little fixes should emerge as an Everon microupdate in due course - whenever Wolle decides...

Finally, on a more personal note, I'd be delighted to see any kick-ass screenshots you guys might have been taking!

Everon is currently my "texturing showcase" terrain, so I'm quite keen to collect good (hi-res, maximum graphical bling, no shiney cows ;)) landscapey-type shots at the moment... please feel free to post/PM any images you may have captured that you're pleased with...

Of all the CWR2 islands, in fact.....

As you guys may have noticed, unlike some other Mods I could mention, who're all hype and little substance... CWR2 is almost all substance, and our hype is often minimal at best :D

We do have a screenshots gallery though, and so any nice ones that turn up may well find themselves as part of our promotional material too!...

Guess that's all for now... a Big Thanks once again to everyone who's reported flaws or bugs, or even just reported that they've enjoyed playing the Mod! - you guys having fun is our reward!

B

Really good post. Not hyped for CWR? I am really hyped to get my hand on the final version some day!

What about adding or fixing little things here & there without changing the overall OFP feeling/story? Imho you don't need to slaughter yourselves to make a very precise 1:1 copy if you can do some things better in CO. For example make villages/towns look more vital and not like "placed some buildings and fences here and there...got bored...placed 1-2 lamp post... meh" ;)

Just try OFP/CWA and have a look where you can improve or be a bit more creative.

Btw starting CWR2 gives me and some others for very few seconds white objects in the UI intro. Somekind of preloading needed because default CO and other islands/mods don't show untextured/white models?

What about adding or fixing little things here & there without changing the overall OFP feeling/story? Imho you don't need to slaughter yourselves to make a very precise 1:1 copy if you can do some things better in CO. For example make villages/towns look more vital and not like "placed some buildings and fences here and there...got bored...placed 1-2 lamp post... meh" ;)

Bushlurker has placed lots of mops and buckets, and barrels, and other objects around. We're looking at what we can do but we also need definable development objectives. Tweaking campaign behaviour is definitely a priority for Celery. However, the more complex the job of bringing the towns 'to life' with static objects or the ambient life modules is a case of diminishing returns in terms of time spent analyzing its effect on gameplay. We do the best we can, and will continue to try to refine the experience in ways that are conducive to project completion.

Just try OFP/CWA and have a look where you can improve or be a bit more creative.

I think that assuming we don't know what CWA is like is slightly provocative as this is the second time we have completely rebuilt CWR since 2006. The team has a lot of ideas and we are very creative people. Getting everything balanced and working properly is perhaps more complex than most people realize, and we are currently viewing any sort of side tracking as an enemy to completing version 1.0. Once everything is working maybe we can look at how we can make the campaign or missions more realistic / more alive / more period appropriate / more continuity aware, etc.

That said, we do appreciate reports and suggestions and will seriously consider and record anything put on our tracker.

Btw starting CWR2 gives me and some others for very few seconds white objects in the UI intro. Somekind of preloading needed because default CO and other islands/mods don't show untextured/white models?

Yes, we are aware of this problem and are trying different things to eliminate the visible LOD switching. Fade ins are very limited in what we can do so we are now trying the camprepare functions. In the end, if we can't eliminate those problems, we will decide whether or not those scenes are suitable. After all, we are using that one primarily because it shows off Everon and our stuff. It's self defeating if it makes it look like garbage.

What about adding or fixing little things here & there without changing the overall OFP feeling

It's not really our aim to reinterpret, as such - there are other versions of these famous islands which do that very well....

We "try to refine the experience..." as Max so aptly put it...

It's as you remember it, except maybe your goggles were a little muddy last time around - this time there's little things you never noticed before...

Compilation.jpg

... sometimes you have to look really closely.....

pilsner.jpg

... "nothing bigger than a chickencoop or a handcart" has been my rule throughout - nothing that might interfere with the missions, 'cause, in the end - they are the experience... People have their memories of a place, and what happened there - they want to go there again - not some other place...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I LOVE those blackboard menus, especially the Pilsner Ursnell one. Urquell is my favorite beer of all time, and I'm not even from Czech Republic! Perhaps I was Czech in my past life, and was thus predestined to become an Armaholic, if not an alcoholic. :rolleyes:

I also like the lone beer can on the counters of the bars. But you need some ashtrays in there, or some plates with unfinished meals on them, like there are in the expat/mercenary bars in Far Cry 2.

Did you notice that "Shilka" always fire with only one cannon so this is a bug or intentionally?

What I'd like to express is that the mod is absolutely fabulous and it has been more than a week since our 1.60 ACPL dedicated server got CWR2ed with astonishing results among other addons such ACE2 ACRE and other custom addons!

Cheers!

Did you notice that "Shilka" always fire with only one cannon so this is a bug or intentionally?

It is simply the default behaviour of the Shilkas in ArmA 2.

What I'd like to express is that the mod is absolutely fabulous and it has been more than a week since our 1.60 ACPL dedicated server got CWR2ed with astonishing results among other addons such ACE2 ACRE and other custom addons!

Cheers!

I am very glad to hear that this is being enjoyed in MP as well as SP!

Edited by Max Power

Cheers!

Ditto, great combination, was actually surprised to see they get along so well. I'm also running the ACE/ ACRE/ CWR2 (plus others) combo on my server. Switching between modern or retro scenarios is just a matter of selecting the mission :ok:

It is simply the default behaviour of the Shilkas in ArmA 2.

This simple but effective mod BD MultiGunFix should fix the firing position from the Shilka's cannons (among many others)