Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² All-in-one-Demo + Patch²

It's actually a bit tricky, no idea what's wrong with the mission. As I tested it months ago it was ending correctly.

@DiscountAnubis

The Spetsnaz units in that picture are our old ones, they have been replaced shortly after the Demo release by the current ones.

Ah, see, I had a feeling; same camouflage and all. I'd be more bummed that my dreams of an OFP/WiC crossover are once again dead in the water but... well, maybe that's doing the world a favor.

The climax was going to be a fist-fight between Bannon, Guba, and a wild boar.

In space.

Thanks for the answer!

Battlefields:

suggestion: add a medic per squad - not just an APC which is inevitably taken out.

Of course due to an improved ArmA2 AI the mission plays better and worse at the same time.

Better because AI now doesn't just run through the open space so a lot of friendlies survive while getting to the choke point

Worse because enemy AI is smarter too. And instead of rushing at your position it prefers to sloooooowly move through forests and bushes at your position or stay in one place when it knows you will overwhelm the enemy with numbers. Meaning the mission simply doesn't end due to a prolonged counter-attack simply because friendlies (which hold position) and enemies barely move.

Also I've noticed that A LOT of LAW soldiers shoot almost under their own feet. This is noticeable when 2 BMPs counter-attack. Like every 2nd LAW rocket hits the ground 30m away from the soldier that fired it.

Normal arma RAM usage is around 40% RAM used, last i checked I was using 61% RAM in CWR2 - not sure if this is relevant or not

It is, and it might be.

the real culprit for you is lack of disk swap space if you're on winXp

Regardless of actual size, if your hard drive is getting towards 80% usage, you're in trouble. (this is a windoze algorithm issue)

secondly, if you're kernel swap size just isn't large enough, you're also in trouble. I can't recall, but i think it's set to around 2gig? by default? change it to 4gig and pray

Our hotfixes and patches since the last patch were delayed because of some planned, low level, mod-wide internal reshuffling. It made it necessary to reissue almost every file anyways, and new files would not be compatible with the old ones, so we decided to wait until our next major milestone. Executing a schedule of hotfixes and patches should be less awkward from now on unless something major happens.

Edited by Max Power

+ please check the end conditions of missions and don't let the player wait or search & hunt on the island for the last enemy unit who fled or escaped somehow from the battle area.

+ some SP missions appear 2x in mission selection menu.

+ check if radio messages do have the correct callsign

+ please don't use BIS animal module, it looks strange in too many places

+ check arma2oa.rpt

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_water (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_water.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_sand (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_sand.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_water (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_water.p3d

Bad simulation thing, type Land_Barrel_sand (class=house), ca\structures\misc\armory\barels\barrel_sand.p3d

Array mat in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_BMP2/Damage/ not multiply of 3

String cwr2_sp06_wp1 not found

ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

SW keep height animation used for cwr2\weapons\cwr2_ammoboxes\cwr2_new_ammo_box.p3d

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/: Missing word apc

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\solidcopy.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\solidcopy.wss'

SetFace error: class CfgFaces.Ski_Mask_Face_Green2.Face23 not found

Error: Error during SetFace - class CfgFaces.Ski_Mask_Face_Green2.Face23 not found

String cwr2_sp03_voice2 not found

String cwr2_sp03_voice1 not found

Addon cwr2_humans_w (entry cwr2_OfficerE_W) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon cwr2_humans_w (entry cwr2_SoldierE_W) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon cwr2_humans_w (entry CWR2_SoldierW_G36_W) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon cwr2_humans_w (entry CWR2_SoldierW_GL_W) not found in the list of active addons.

String STR_S01n22 not found

Link to a867edad (Obj-253,323:1453) not released

few suggestions to SP Battlefield:

- reduce the fog during the mission

- let the OPFOR helicopter fly at higher altitude and land him at Saint Phillippe airport (or delete him if he is not visible anymore)

- trigger/activate support units after OPFOR armored units are destroyed

Edited by W0lle

Your complaints and suggestions have been noted. It would be easier to keep track of them on the bug tracker :)

+ some SP missions appear 2x in mission selection menu.

Check that you do not have two copies of the same file(s) kicking around.

Thanks, using latest mission pack and there is the issue (W0lle needs more coffee).

All CWR2 players delete:

cwr2_sp05_heavymetal.eden.pbo

cwr2_sp05_heavymetal.eden.pbo

:)

Thank you for the release! I'm having a "blast of the past". Funny how all the old feelings come back when I had too much time and was completely addicted to OFP :)

I have started to play through all the classic SP missions and encountered that in the winter version of 'Lone Wolf' I cant finish the task to destroy the 2 T-80s. Both tanks been burning 3 times now (with the rest of the vehicles) without a successfully ticked task.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26824

(Hopefully) fixed Lone Wolf Missions:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/15596/cwr2_sp_lonewolf.cain.pbo

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/15595/cwr2_sp_lonewolf.wcain.pbo

Fixed "Kill them all mission":

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/15594/cwr2_sp_killthemall.wcain.pbo

I have the other reported mission/string issues on my list, but since I'm not at home next week they have to wait until I'm back. :)

And don't forget about Everon hotfix which according to CIT already exists :>

Also 403 errors at those links

Lone Wolf at Winter Kolgujev

After blowing up satchels I made my way to the mission exit area - I got the message that I'm straying out as I continued going - some time after which a short cutscene showed me burning vehicles at an enemy base (I planted satchels at the very rear of each vehicle so all should've been destroyed as I've also heard 3 explosions). But the mission didn't end. Simply a black screen without anything.

I had the same problem with the summer version. Also, the Destroy T-80s objective did not complete even though all 3 vehicles were definitely blown (updated ticket #26824). But it looks like WOlle just posted fixed missions, so I will try them.

---------------------

WOlle, I tried downloading your fixed missions above, but they are all 6 kb each. If I click those links directly, I get error 403 - not authorized.

Edited by OMAC

Same here. I did Dl the file from DevHeaven that's attached to the ticket. That mission works but now the task ticked off as completed when only 1 T-80 was destroyed.

When I later drove the other T-80 to the last WP (I play veteran but I can see WP in the tank) I got the hint about straying out of the area. I went back to the start position and blew up the last T-80 to see if the end trigger would kick in. No. I started to run north to the last WP ignoring the hint and the mission ended.

Ticket updated:

- Task ok after only 1 T-80 destroyed.

- No marker where to go when T-80s destroyed (hard for us without WP in UI)

- Hint warning you that you are straying before the mission ends when walking back.

I make my own missions, I know how it is... ;)

Meh, thought you can download the files from hidden projects when you know the link. Lesson learnt.

Here is a collection of recently fixed missions.

Because you just have to leave the mission area (defined by trigger) in any direction you want. If you get the hint to leave the area, just continue to end the mission.

- Hint warning you that you are straying before the mission ends when walking back.

Well that's not good actually. :S

This is another example of the invisible waypoint issue which I have discussed ad infinitum in this thread and the one for last demo. On easy difficulty settings with permanently-displayed waypoints - no issue. On Vet. and Exp., have to enter/exit map to know where to go. Such points should be marked on map IMO.

Andersson, did you see this issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2066327&postcount=72

WOlle, thanks for the fixed mission! :)

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Because you just have to leave the mission area (defined by trigger) in any direction you want. If you get the hint to leave the area, just continue to end the mission.

Ah ha! So that is what is supposed to happen. Excellent idea, just leave area, and absence of blufor in area will trigger end1. If this trigger type is used, it negates the need for a map waypoint as I discussed above. However, I'm not sure it's working properly, as you get the "leave mission area" warning, and you have to get within ~50m of the invisible waypoint to end mission.

@Wolle: thank you for your fixes :)

@OMAC: I got the warning, saw the cutscene but mission ended as it should :)

This mod revived arma2 for me. Brought back the joy from OFP-CWC times so now its the best of both worlds!

Just checked both LoneWolf variants its missing only the End/Exfil marker in the briefing/map so the player knows where to go. Would be great if you can lock all vehicles in this base and add one more unit to one of the extern + intern patrol. Its too easy to get in an OPFOR tank and finish the mission.

.... Would be great if you can lock all vehicles in this base and add one more unit to one of the extern + intern patrol. Its too easy to get in an OPFOR tank and finish the mission.

I dont agree. I like easy missions now and again. That was the beauty with OFP, you could get some short nice missions that you know that you probably finnish off unless you do something terrible wrong. Its also a good way to get new players into the game. It is the fact that you realise that you do have the choice that opens up the beauty of this game as a new player.

You can however make your own version :) I would for sure play it. Lonewolf is too easy in the long run I agree, I just dont agree on changing the original.

While you can suggest changes to the way our missions play, and we will read them and take them seriously, such things are a little out of our scope. We're trying to update OFP, not 're-imagine' it.

Here is a collection of recently fixed missions.

Using this collection, it appears WOlle has fixed the mission except for the "exit area in any direction" concept.

1) T-80 destroy task completes normally.

2) black screen after cutscene showing burning vehicles no longer occurs. Fixed.

3) Blufor-absent trigger (as described by WOlle) not working. Still have to get <50 m from invisible waypoint to end mission.

Edited by OMAC