Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

MV22 Door Gunner Project

Thanks! We've tested it in dedicated server and all the issues are gone! :) Please let me know if any MP issues are observed.

Thanks for updating the mirror Foxhound!

Does this mod auto-initialise? i.e. once it's running on servers and clients, are all MV22 present in a missions replaced with these fines beauties?

No, they are a new vehicle. They do NOT replace the default MV22! These are a supplement to the existing inventories.

They DO however no longer need their INIT to be edited in the editor to run properly. No more INIT editing, no nothing. Just pop it in the editor (or via respawn script if you're playing MP) and presto you have a gunned MV22

I've added the class names to the first post.

Edited by hcpookie

Hello there.

I have recently downlaoded the newest version of the script which claims to be fully working in MP, but it does not. I encountered the following errors:

- A passenger moving to a gunner position results in the Pilot beeing moved to the other gunner position. In my case, piloting me (A) and a friend of mine (B) were underway with the M134-MV22 and he moved to side gunner mid flight. this caused me to be moved to rear gunner position which then again resultet in the osprey to crash. Also this only happens with turned-on engines.

- When a passenger moves into a gunner position, to outstanders it will look as if they exit the vehicle, but not getting re-attached. In my example, B moved to sidegunner while i was standing outside. To me, it looked like he was exiting the osprey through the right side door, then he just stayed there, deattached. when i started the osprey up, he was moving along with it (kinda laggy) but he was still floating right next to the weapon. Also, when he fred the gun, it did not shoot on my screen.

I thought maybe i got an old version from armaholic so i downloaded from the link in this thread, same problem here. My friend also ha sthe newest version, and we tried both dedicated server and ingame-host. our ping was definitely under 30 so i doubt thats the cause.

Hey brother does the door and rear guns can be added on other aircraft? If yes how should go about? Thank you

nice addon ! :-)

tnx.

can you also extend defeault payload of vehicle/chopper little more similar to default SOAR one ?

ie add some AGM-175's for example )

p.s.

about IDWS on MV22- its same 0.50call [tripple-barrel?]minigun added to CV-22 for "self-defense" purposes, some times ago ?[that thing resulted into GAU-19 as side-effect].

The MLOD's are available for anyone to modify and adapt to other projects so long as they are for BIS games ;) so YES they could be adapted to other aircraft. Feel free! :)

Basiley I'm not tracking your request. I double-checked online info to verify the IDWS is a .30 cal minigun. The AGM-175 does not appear to be rated/approved for use on the MV-22 so I'm not sure what to say about that. In fact, the Marines have approved the REAR GUN to be upgraded to .50 cal guns, which may be part of the confusion.

An interesting tidbit is reports are that the use of the belly gun is rather limited due to the fact it is heavy and limits the carrying capacity of the bird. Also the remote camera causes nausea for the gunner... not something we can model in the game :)

http://defensetech.org/2010/05/28/strict-roe-nausea-inducing-screens-curb-use-of-mv-22-osprey-gatling-gun/

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/12/marines_osprey_120509w/

well, actually future V-22's of ANY kind, including MV-22's too, will have NEW self-defense turret gun. they may be lowered/dropped to 0.30cal mg, but last time i re-checked project status, its said it "0.50cal", maybe a typo.

such project started along with Harvest Hawk program and DIRCM2 ev. and had all related approvals and findings.

If everything is fine, then everything is fine. Let's relax about it. If his method is legitimate, then he doesn't need you to defend him. Rushing to his rescue, though, is muddying the waters.

You turned the first page into a public mess. I think it would have been more professional if you PM'd him and apologized for ruining the first page, though I'm not a mod.

Great work on the addon OP, I can't wait to try it out with friends in a mission :D

Firstly, KUDOS to the mods on this forum for policing the work people do to ensure it is legit! I am a firm believer that protecting BIS' IP leads to a better product. So let's not be worried about it if I'm not worried about it shall we?

BasileyOne, I'll keep looking around for any information about that. The only .50 info I can find all points to the change of the rear gunner position. Perhaps its time to build a new version :)

To be honest I'd like to make the flight model a bit more usable because I personally have such a hard time flying this beast. Flight model data is "pure magic" to me so I don't even know where to start with something like that.

Firstly, KUDOS to the mods on this forum for policing the work people do to ensure it is legit! I am a firm believer that protecting BIS' IP leads to a better product. So let's not be worried about it if I'm not worried about it shall we?

BasileyOne, I'll keep looking around for any information about that. The only .50 info I can find all points to the change of the rear gunner position. Perhaps its time to build a new version :)

To be honest I'd like to make the flight model a bit more usable because I personally have such a hard time flying this beast. Flight model data is "pure magic" to me so I don't even know where to start with something like that.

Not completely true, you know Bobby Kotick holds the same opinion ;) Modding only cheapens IP's.

Thank you so much, Gnat! I'm going to post the MLODs, so perhaps you could use them to make my addon obsolete... :)

@b00ce, nope not a turret! Remember this is an attached static gun, so you can't really interact with it from the cockpit or cargo seats. It is kind of like the WW2 belly gunner - once you climb in, you are there until you land again! :) In fact I don't think you can eject from a static vehicle. I need to check on that... edit to add you cannot eject from static vehicles, but I found a HALO script that adds the eject action to the gunner!

Also, here is the view from the gunner optic:

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pV1lFCaqSr-RrUzN8a1G8CIGLHliCt9B8Pw62jrXuuRK6smkNlvskSvLwXydQ2MAYBA0dmsFKMI4tr_3ojri_yw/mfd.jpg

And here is what it looks like before it is attached to the vehicle... kind of takes the fun away doesn't it?

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p0BXfSvxMoCIKAfHR-6eTiAiGejSVJtfGVzNSPJVgSl9_ktDgNVJayEzX9A88FX-KT3IuuHV4DX1HVqauBwpDcA/ext.jpg

hey brother. Did you ever thing about doing something similar to this for the AC130 ?? It would be cool!

hey brother. Did you ever thing about doing something similar to this for the AC130 ?? It would be cool!

Someone else who will remain nameless (not me) is already doing similar with a whole new C130 model.

Not suggesting that should stop someone trying hcpookie's method on the current C130 .....

Gnat;2233654']Someone else who will remain nameless (not me) is already doing similar with a whole new C130 model.

Not suggesting that should stop someone trying hcpookie's method on the current C130 .....

Someone already did.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15859&highlight=AC130

Yeah that's the one to have! :) I made an "attachto" AC-130 "gun" but it was only eye candy and nothing more. To be honest I'm glad to see the "real" model since it works SOOOO much better ;)

To Gnat:

That is cool Gnat. Cant wait. What is the ETA on that? :D

To Scarecrow398:

Cool brother thank you. I will take a look on this addon. Does it support multiplayer and multiple players in different guns at the same time?

To hcpookie:

I like you whole set up with a place for the placer to control the gunner. Really realistic!

To Scarecrow398:

Cool brother thank you. I will take a look on this addon. Does it support multiplayer and multiple players in different guns at the same time?

Yes! its basically edited C130 with massive gaps in the side with the cannons attachto'ed the the side of the aircraft so its just like having someone sit in a static weapon on the aircraft, the downside of this is that you need to look at the cannon it self rather than the aircraft and enter the cannon, so who ever gets in the cannon better expect to stay in there unless they have a parachute :P

OK. The only two things required in the mission folder (in your documents folder) is the mission.sqm file and the SQF script file. That's it. If you save the mission as a new name, the script MUST be copied into the new folder. If all that works then you must have a problem with how the mod was installed.

Hey I think i know what his problem is. I have had the same issue, i know how to copy sqf files into the mission folders, I do it all the time, but depending on where you download it from, I.E. Armaholic as i did, it doesnt come with the sqf file, all it comes with are the PBO files, bikey and the readme which doesnt help, due to it says "for more info read the scripts section" which there isnt one in that readme. So I dont know if it was just forgotten or just didnt fully upload when it was put on armaholic, but its not there. Any knowledge of this would be nice cause I to am still having same issue.

Alright im having problems with this, when ever i engage the gunners jump out and die and whenever i try to pull up it switches to the gunner positions.

I already posted a while back, but haven't got any response as to now. Today, i re-downloaded the Addon to test it again with a friend of mine. We tested it on a Dedicated Server, only 2 Players, the Osprey, the Functions Module aswell a a respawn_west marker. We still have the following problems:

- When i'm Piloting the Osprey in MP, as soon as i Start the Engines and climb up a little bit, i will be moved out of the Pilot and into the Gunner Seat. For the Doorguns-Version this means i'll be moved to the Side Doorgunner. If another Player is already in there, he will be ejected. It doesn't matter if the Osprey is empty, if there are People in the Back, or on the Gunner seats. In the IDWS Version i'll be moved to the IDWS Gunner, and if someone else is already there, he will be ejected. As i said, this happens, no matter if i'm alone on the Server, other people are online, other people are in my ospreys cargo or in the gunner positions.

- When a passenger moves into a gunner position, to outstanders it will look as if they exit the vehicle, but not getting re-attached. In my example, my friend moved to sidegunner while i was standing outside. To me, it looked like he was exiting the osprey through the right side door, then he just stayed there, deattached. when i started the osprey up, he was moving along with it (kinda laggy) but he was still floating right next to the weapon. Also, when he fired the gun, it did not shoot on my screen.

Since you mentionned from the last update on, that all MP issues are resolved, i'm wondering if this version is avaliable anywhere and we just downlaoded an old one, but i can't imagine this, as i used both the DL link here in the thread, and on Armaholic, and i placed the functions module incase the script requires any functions. All participants, means each player, and the osprey, were named. So, does anyone have ANY clue what could cause this problems and maybe hwo to fix them? It would be a shame if this great addon wouldn't work the way it should.

Oh, and in singleplayer, it works absolutely perfect and smooth, just to mention it.

I already posted a while back, but haven't got any response as to now. Today, i re-downloaded the Addon to test it again with a friend of mine. We tested it on a Dedicated Server, only 2 Players, the Osprey, the Functions Module aswell a a respawn_west marker. We still have the following problems:

- When i'm Piloting the Osprey in MP, as soon as i Start the Engines and climb up a little bit, i will be moved out of the Pilot and into the Gunner Seat. For the Doorguns-Version this means i'll be moved to the Side Doorgunner. If another Player is already in there, he will be ejected. It doesn't matter if the Osprey is empty, if there are People in the Back, or on the Gunner seats. In the IDWS Version i'll be moved to the IDWS Gunner, and if someone else is already there, he will be ejected. As i said, this happens, no matter if i'm alone on the Server, other people are online, other people are in my ospreys cargo or in the gunner positions.

We haven't experienced this ourselves.

- When a passenger moves into a gunner position, to outstanders it will look as if they exit the vehicle, but not getting re-attached. In my example, my friend moved to sidegunner while i was standing outside. To me, it looked like he was exiting the osprey through the right side door, then he just stayed there, deattached. when i started the osprey up, he was moving along with it (kinda laggy) but he was still floating right next to the weapon. Also, when he fired the gun, it did not shoot on my screen.

Since you mentionned from the last update on, that all MP issues are resolved, i'm wondering if this version is avaliable anywhere and we just downlaoded an old one, but i can't imagine this, as i used both the DL link here in the thread, and on Armaholic, and i placed the functions module incase the script requires any functions. All participants, means each player, and the osprey, were named. So, does anyone have ANY clue what could cause this problems and maybe hwo to fix them? It would be a shame if this great addon wouldn't work the way it should.

Oh, and in singleplayer, it works absolutely perfect and smooth, just to mention it.

That sounds like the old version as I did fix that in the new version. I remember the gunner's player model staying on the ground after we took off, but I could swear that was resolved in v2.0. I'm going from memory so I will have another look at that when I get a chance.

Same thing happening to me, S" key is swapping me from the pilot seat to the gunner. I have no idea what causes it, but I am certain it is the S key that triggers it.